Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Everyone seems to hate us.

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 10:32 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't BS me,I've looked at buying a GTO for awhile and done mucho research.They were geared up to sell 18k units a year and can't even aproach that,hell I've seen 2 NEW 04's locally on the lot and many more can be seen by searching but I suppose you'll tell me they FLY off the lots and just can't be replaced fast enough."uninformed masses"my ***,you're an appologist.I suppose thats why people who look at buying GTOs are on all these sites looking for 3k-5k off and whether to buy a new 04/05/06 and whats the best deal.......oops,that means they don't think the cars worth 34k.
Old 01-05-2006, 10:44 PM
Launching!

Apologist for what? I hope they never make another one, the less on the streets the better as far Im concerned,if I wanted a belly button car I woudl have gotten a Mustang or a Camarobird.
As for the price,I dont think ANY car is worth 34k.. I paid $20k and thats more than I have ever paid for a car. Only reason I did was because I have been wanting to buy a Holden since I found out about them in the mid 80s.
I am not gonna change your mind and you are sure as hell not gonna change mine.
Have fun waiting for your 09 camarobird,Ill be enjoying my car in the meantime.
Cheers..
Old 01-05-2006, 11:04 PM
11 Second Club

Oh,guess you couldn't argue with the facts.Go on living in your world where your ***** the fastest,coolest,most refined,stops traffic and paid less then anyone else. Thank you and I'm out.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by HTRDLNCN
Apologist for what? I hope they never make another one, the less on the streets the better as far Im concerned,if I wanted a belly button car I woudl have gotten a Mustang or a Camarobird.
As for the price,I dont think ANY car is worth 34k.. I paid $20k and thats more than I have ever paid for a car. Only reason I did was because I have been wanting to buy a Holden since I found out about them in the mid 80s.
I am not gonna change your mind and you are sure as hell not gonna change mine.
Have fun waiting for your 09 camarobird,Ill be enjoying my car in the meantime.
Cheers..
I would consider a "GTO Prix" but only after making sure of not developing an attitude like yours. They have not sold as expected, period. Why? because of their looks. I'm happy you like it but, sorry, they do not turn heads and you know this. I don't think they will last too long in production so, yeah, I guess that will make you special, envied by others...can i be your friend???
Old 01-05-2006, 11:12 PM
Launching!

You presented no facts,
Nothing to be gained with arguing with you.
Would just lower me to your level.
and your welcome..
Old 01-05-2006, 11:26 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by chaman
. I don't think they will last too long in production so,
again,,the car is made by Holden ,the ALREADY discontinued the car,,this has nothing to do with sales,,it has to do with the fact they have been making the car there far longer than what it has been here.
If you do an internet search on "Holden GTO production" you will find where GM overestimated how many GTOs they could make. Holden could NOT meet the 18,000 number initially proposed. The austrailian factory just couldnot physically make as many as GM wanted.
Those are the facts.
If you dont belive me do a search on the general motors site GMBlog where they talk about it as well.

Last edited by HTRDLNCN; 01-05-2006 at 11:39 PM.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:26 PM
TECH Regular

Well, alot of so called "purists" dislike the GTO. Perhaps because it's Australian built and possibly for it's looks. There are a few things the new GTO shares with the original. Low keyed styling, a heavy body, major power and the hood scoops and front grills are somewhat reminiscnet of the original Goats.

In either case, they can usually out perform their competitors for nearly the same price. Some cases for less, (SRT-8 Charger) and sometimes more. (Mustang GT.)

The looks didn't sell me on the car. I think it looks ok, but what really excites me is the performance and interior. Plus feature wise it's much more advanced than the F-Body ever was.

GM also doesn't do a good job marketting the GTO. In fact they do no marketting at all. You can't move something almost no one knows about.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:29 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Firehawk0220
Well, alot of so called "purists" dislike the GTO. Perhaps because it's Australian built and possibly for it's looks. .
Thats why I said I dont think they should have called it a GTO.
It started the cars life here in the states on the wrong foot.
People were expecting a typical big pontiac with big hood scoops
and vents and stuff with in your face styling. Not to
mention it was not made here .
I completly agree it should never have been marketed as a GTO.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:33 PM
TECH Veteran

You presented no facts,
Nothing to be gained with arguing with you.
Would just lower me to your level.
and your welcome..
...and you did huh? Facts from GM huh? So they will openly say the GTO has been a big flop, right? You have been owned again and again. I suggest you lock yourself in your pretty red GTO and get lost...
Old 01-05-2006, 11:34 PM
Launching!

Guess you cant read either..
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....8&postcount=26
Originally Posted by chaman
. I suggest you lock yourself in your pretty red GTO and get lost...
why dont you drive your firechicken over here and try making me tough guy..
palm beach,florida.
pm me and Ill give you directions,make sure you dont get lost..
Old 01-05-2006, 11:41 PM
TECH Veteran

why dont you drive your firechicken over here and try making me tough guy..
palm beach,florida.
pm me and Ill give you directions,make sure you dont get lost..
Why don't you explained your "trustful" source for your "facts" "tough guy"?? Ran out of "facts"....right? LMAO!! Now tries to run me...pathetic to say the least..
Old 01-05-2006, 11:45 PM
Launching!

read the post a couple above this where I answered your statement..
HERE:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....8&postcount=26

Last edited by HTRDLNCN; 01-05-2006 at 11:51 PM.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:49 PM
Banned

I'm not going to waste any pissing match time in here outside of this. anyone who is hating a GTO, I'll give you a ride in mine and then tell me that you don't at least like it....
Old 01-05-2006, 11:52 PM
Staging Lane

two completely different cars so the owners are gonna be very different..
GTO is an understated refined australian grand tourer and the Camarobirds are old school,scooped,spoilered,creaking,long beaked ,etc.
If the GTO had extra scoops,vents,bulging hoods with a big screaming chicken decal on it Im sure they would love the GTO.
Let them enjoy their bs stories and out of production cars.
PS: In case you cant tell ,. I dont like the look of camarobirds ..
AGREED......Newsflash GM is in the toilet and you really think they will build the camaro? Hybrids and fuel economy is what will sell. the price of gas will go up again and stay high. Sorry Fbody believers...find a new church to pray at.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:55 PM
TECH Veteran

You are using "facts" from info released by GM.....I think you are right...that GTO must be fast, it already damaged your brain. You are loosing you argument but please try not to use that kind of language, makes you look sillier than you already are.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:57 PM
Banned

I agree it should NEVER have been called a GTO,,that bring back memories of breadbox shaped cars which this definately is not. They should have kept the Holden name and the Holden front bumper and not stuck all the silly pontiac crap on it.
I agree, I'm in the process of debadging mine and hopefully getting a Holden bumper.

Yes the looks are lacking, but that is what I wanted in a way... makes a pretty good sleeper. I didn't buy it for it's looks that's for sure. I bought it for it's interior and the drivetrain. I was looking for a new vehicle with a LS1 or LS2 in it after my Camaro got totaled. I never even knew the GTO came back out till I was looking online. I saw it had the LS2 and 3 days later I had one in my driveway.

BTW mine turns plenty of heads
Old 01-06-2006, 12:00 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by gotzaGTO
I'm not going to waste any pissing match time in here outside of this. anyone who is hating a GTO, I'll give you a ride in mine and then tell me that you don't at least like it....
Agreed. I was at a dealership when the 2004's were nearly about to go on clearance. The 2005's hadn't yet arrived but were due in the next couple months. I was there for to get a part or something. I was waiting for them to find the part or something like that, or whatever I was there for. I walked into the showroom to look around and I saw the GTO. I thought the styling was bland, but it wasn't ugly. Just plain. It was a black on red six speed car. II popped the door and sat inside. This was my first time not seeing a GTO 30 feet away on a turn table at an autoshow. I looked over the interior and immediately liked at least that much. Especially the build quality vs. my Firehawk.

Of course a sales guy came up to me and tried to sell me the thing. I told him I wasn't really interested at that point in time. I knew about the LS2 car and I told him that I'd wait and see what the 2005's were like. He said, "well would you like to test drive the 2004 now?" They seemed really slow that day and that is probably the main reason he wanted to waste his time. Either that or he thought I'd love it enough to buy it on the spot.

I took a 2004 Barbados Blue A4 out. I liked the feel of the car, and the handling was decent. (Not as good as the Firehawks) Still I liked the exhaust note and thought it would make an awesome daily driver. It didn't throw my head back and impress me the way my Hawk did when I got it.

Later, I test drove a 2005 after a couple months when the dealers stopped being so over protective of them and weren't so unwilling to bargain on them. Agian I did not buy, but I took one out for a drive. I loved it. I knew that I had to have one at that point. It threw my head back like the Hawk, but was much more civilized and easier to drive and shift than the Hawk was. Overall, I thought the GTO was a better car in every way except for the appearance. Which had grown on me over the previous several months.

Initially I didn't even think about GTO's or care about them until I saw one in person for the first time.

Before I bought my GTO I decided to drive the Mustang GT and after having driven F-Bodies for so long, and having driven the 2004 and 2005 GTO, I found there to be no comparison. Exterior looks aside, when it came to quality and performance, the GTO won all the points with me. So now I own a GTO. It has been the most satisfying car purchase I've made yet. I think it's great.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:01 AM
On The Tree

GM tossed the F-body car out of their lineup because they were NOT selling at anywhere near their plant capacity. How Fbody guys can sit here and say GTO suck and they are not selling is beyond me. Thats the pot calling the kettle black. They haven't made your car in 4 years. I think Fbody guys have LS2 envy.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:02 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 05_GTO
I agree, I'm in the process of debadging mine and hopefully getting a Holden bumper.

Yes the looks are lacking, but that is what I wanted in a way... makes a pretty good sleeper. I didn't buy it for it's looks that's for sure. I bought it for it's interior and the drivetrain. I was looking for a new vehicle with a LS1 or LS2 in it after my Camaro got totaled. I never even knew the GTO came back out till I was looking online. I saw it had the LS2 and 3 days later I had one in my driveway.

BTW mine turns plenty of heads
I didn't like the negative attention I got form ricers and from police vehicles when I drove around the Firehawk. The GTO at least doesn't attract as much attention. It really is a great sleeper car.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:04 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by MyGoatBites
GM tossed the F-body car out of their lineup because they were NOT selling at anywhere near their plant capacity. How Fbody guys can sit here and say GTO suck and they are not selling is beyond me. Thats the pot calling the kettle black. They haven't made your car in 4 years. I think Fbody guys have LS2 envy.
This is true. Although even in the bad years the F-Bodies outsold the GTO by quite a bit. However it had history, style and some marketting from GM. GM hasn't done a damn thing to sell GTO's beyond their presence at auto shows prior to their release.

Quick Reply: Everyone seems to hate us.