Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

gto vs f-bodies

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 11:12 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
http://www.stangbangers.com/01_Bullitt_Article2.htm

Funny the mustang magaizine did 321rwhp...
wow those are some crazy fast times they got with that stock camaro.
Old 10-03-2008, 12:31 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Not just that, 2 different ones, different years, different everything. If I didn't suck I could probably duplicate the results.
Old 10-03-2008, 04:32 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by sixpack_2_go
sorry douche, im not your "padner" what ever that is. dont talk crap on everyone else because you dont have a car. dont you ever try and call me a lair. here is proof 325.6rwhp with NO PERFORMANCE PARTS. even has the stock dirty ac delco air filter! ill get pics of my time slips up this weekend so keep an eye on this thread. im not just one of those guys that goes around lying to sound cool. and yes, ls1's do vary in hp. i have 2 friends that put down around 290hp (in z28's 1999 & 2002), 1 put down 314hp(with slp lid, loudmouth, K&N1999 ws6) , 319hp ( 2001 ss with slp lid & CME), and 307hp (2001 z28 with magnaflow catback) on the same day i dynoed my car!

Sorry, Dyno Slips don't tell me anything because the car may not be STOCK. Showing me a video at the track dont tell me anything eitther because again the car may not be STOCK!. People on the net post these number with slips as proof. Proof of what? Are timeslips proof that the car made the printed speed numbers or that the car is stock or that the car made those numbers?
Old 10-03-2008, 05:29 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by sixpack_2_go
sorry douche, im not your "padner" what ever that is. dont talk crap on everyone else because you dont have a car. dont you ever try and call me a lair.
Sorry, did not mean to call you liar, I just said I was calling the BS Flag on 326HP at wheels for a stock 2001 - 2002 LS1 Engine in a Camaro or T/A. Those are not stock numbers for those cars. Sorry, it's OK if you feel I am douche, sill not stock numbers.

Timeslips, Videos, etc are not proof that a car is stock, they simply state the numbers a car put up, not whether it is stock and that is my point. The margins of tolerance on these modern LSx engines are so close that I don't think that there can be that much of a difference between the numbers these engines put out in stock form.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:25 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by patisi
Sorry, did not mean to call you liar, I just said I was calling the BS Flag on 326HP at wheels for a stock 2001 - 2002 LS1 Engine in a Camaro or T/A. Those are not stock numbers for those cars. Sorry, it's OK if you feel I am douche, sill not stock numbers.

Timeslips, Videos, etc are not proof that a car is stock, they simply state the numbers a car put up, not whether it is stock and that is my point. The margins of tolerance on these modern LSx engines are so close that I don't think that there can be that much of a difference between the numbers these engines put out in stock form.
So Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords would lie about their numbers? Please... you do realist that 2001 ~ 2002 cars are slightly different than previous years correct? My car was 100% bone stock at the time of my runs and they fall right in line (trap speeds) with what MM&FF posted up. Not sure why you are so butt hurt about this but try to calm down a little.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:05 PM
TECH Resident

When I was stock, 04 goats were about a half car behind, and the 05+ models were about a half car ahead. *shrugS*
Old 10-16-2008, 07:43 PM
Staging Lane

So Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords would lie about their numbers? Please... you do realist that 2001 ~ 2002 cars are slightly different than previous years correct? My car was 100% bone stock at the time of my runs and they fall right in line (trap speeds) with what MM&FF posted up. Not sure why you are so butt hurt about this but try to calm down a little.
Show me a Magazine that tested a STOCK (2001 - 2002) Camaro M6 (SS/Z28) that had 326 HP to the Wheels at the Dyno Stock! Then I will pull my BS Flag. Remember the key word is STOCK. Meanwhile the BS Flag is still waving in the wind. Sorry.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:00 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by patisi
Show me a Magazine that tested a STOCK (2001 - 2002) Camaro M6 (SS/Z28) that had 326 HP to the Wheels at the Dyno Stock! Then I will pull my BS Flag. Remember the key word is STOCK. Meanwhile the BS Flag is still waving in the wind. Sorry.

I never said 326rwhp.... I actually said 321rwhp... which means another dyno seeing 326rwhp on a strong car is far from a stretch. (Some dynos are more generous than others)... Seriously why are your crying again?

Here is the Article from Fast Fords and Muscle Mustangs.
http://www.stangbangers.com/01_Bullitt_Article2.htm

Last edited by S8ER95Z; 10-17-2008 at 09:09 AM.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:20 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

For some reason, it's very difficult for many GTO owners (I'm not saying all) to swallow their pride.

I have no problem admitting when another car is faster than my own - no matter what type of car. Some people take their "pride" to a whole new level

I like my GTO, but I love F-Bodys.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:22 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ASSUMING SAME ABILITY IF IT WERE POSSIBLE:
04 GTO < (LS1) F-bods < 05-06 GTO

This thread is stupid and only starts fights between people that own one of the two (gto or f body) so its going no where.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:28 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by demonspeed
For some reason, it's very difficult for many GTO owners (I'm not saying all) to swallow their pride.

I have no problem admitting when another car is faster than my own - no matter what type of car. Some people take their "pride" to a whole new level

That's the thing that doesn't make sense... We are not even trying to claim the F-Body is faster... haha. I am with you though.... honestly if I had any driving talent at all I would have a slip to show the haters but I suck at the launching thing. My Fiancee was able to bust off a 1.99 60ft on the same tires I struggled to get 2.1 60fts on... Now if I could get her to launch the car and then me to run it the rest of the way down the track we would have amazing timeslips... haha
Old 10-17-2008, 09:48 AM
Staging Lane

Attached Thumbnails gto vs f-bodies-gtomotavationalposter.jpg  
Old 10-17-2008, 09:51 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by blkbltgoat
[IMG]
thats a Manaro, not a GTO! I'm just playin' with ya, I know its the same.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:50 AM
Teching In

Nothing to do with "swallowing pride"...just another stupid argument...of course you go on LS1Tech and the F-body crowd of course sides with their kind, the LS1GTO/LS2GTO guys side with their car....and as you can see after 15 pages of non-sense it's the same..."My T/A is faster", "My GTO is faster", along with the usual Internet Assasins who want to call everyone out and "race" and how they are so "badass", blah blah blah...you know what I'm getting at?

I just got tired of reading..."I used to walk LS1 GTO's cuz I'm badass and drive a F-Body" or "My LS1/LS2 GTO would walk T/A's, SS, etc."...talk is CHEAP you know?

The argument is pointless....every car is "different" in it's own right. My LS1 GTO could be faster than my buddies WS6...then that same night my GTO could be slower than another buddies SS, etc. It's just another argument that could go on to 20+ pages.

Unless you truly line 'em up...all this talk is CHEAP. This is just one big 15 page opinion thread.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:18 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Shockrock3
Nothing to do with "swallowing pride"...just another stupid argument...of course you go on LS1Tech and the F-body crowd of course sides with their kind, the LS1GTO/LS2GTO guys side with their car....and as you can see after 15 pages of non-sense it's the same..."My T/A is faster", "My GTO is faster", along with the usual Internet Assasins who want to call everyone out and "race" and how they are so "badass", blah blah blah...you know what I'm getting at?

I just got tired of reading..."I used to walk LS1 GTO's cuz I'm badass and drive a F-Body" or "My LS1/LS2 GTO would walk T/A's, SS, etc."...talk is CHEAP you know?

The argument is pointless....every car is "different" in it's own right. My LS1 GTO could be faster than my buddies WS6...then that same night my GTO could be slower than another buddies SS, etc. It's just another argument that could go on to 20+ pages.

Unless you truly line 'em up...all this talk is CHEAP. This is just one big 15 page opinion thread.
move to the bench racing forum or

lol. that last line is the truth
Old 10-17-2008, 04:01 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Originally Posted by Shockrock3
This is just one big 15 page opinion thread.
Duh! I keep adding to the thread for entertainment.

The point is, anyone who tries to ignore facts is out of touch. They aren't enthusiasts - they are nutswingers.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:26 PM
12 Second Club

Duh! I keep adding to the thread for entertainment.

The point is, anyone who tries to ignore facts is out of touch. They aren't enthusiasts - they are nutswingers.
x2...

Fact is any stock GTO owner that shows up at the track thinking they will drop any stock F-Body is clueless.

Any stock F-Body owner that shows up to the track thinking they will drop any stock GTO is clueless.

Yet for no reason nutswingings from both sides keep posting up and showing everyone that they don't have a clue... now that is entertainment!
Old 10-21-2008, 04:43 PM
Rob
TECH Fanatic

x2...

Fact is any stock GTO owner that shows up at the track thinking they will drop any stock F-Body is clueless.

Any stock F-Body owner that shows up to the track thinking they will drop any stock GTO is clueless.

Yet for no reason nutswingings from both sides keep posting up and showing everyone that they don't have a clue... now that is entertainment!
Its a driver's race for any year F-Body and GTO. Only exception would be an '04 LS1 A4 GTO. Those are held back way too much and shouldn't be a problem for any of them. Get a quick tune and that changes but then it isn't stock anymore.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:49 PM
Teching In

i just got back from the store and raced an 06gto auto,the first race was from a dig i put like 2 cars on him instantly but thats cause i have drag radials and he was to busy spinning the second race was from a roll (30mph) we were hanging door to door until like 75mph by 110mph i was bout 2 cars ahead of him,he said he was completly stock and surprise how fast that gto was been all stock,im sure that an LS2 gto with a few bolt on's can walk me easily,i wish i could afford one. oh yeah i drive a 97z28 m6,503cam,1.6rr,stock 3:42s,mt dr,and all of the bolt on's
Old 11-12-2008, 01:29 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by clcam97
i just got back from the store and raced an 06gto auto,the first race was from a dig i put like 2 cars on him instantly but thats cause i have drag radials and he was to busy spinning the second race was from a roll (30mph) we were hanging door to door until like 75mph by 110mph i was bout 2 cars ahead of him,he said he was completly stock and surprise how fast that gto was been all stock,im sure that an LS2 gto with a few bolt on's can walk me easily,i wish i could afford one. oh yeah i drive a 97z28 m6,503cam,1.6rr,stock 3:42s,mt dr,and all of the bolt on's
Wow that totally has relevance to this thread.

Quick Reply: gto vs f-bodies