Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

gto vs f-bodies

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2008 | 12:15 PM
TECH Resident

i have beaten F-bodies on my rollerskates. I was all like "whoa, you got the most dude-ical camaro i have seen, broham. You like it"? and he was all like "lol. you bitch *** on your rollerskates. i got a camaro and i am awesome beyond belief. I will wreck your anus".
I like, totally couldnt let him get away with that, so was like "bro, youre on!!".

We lined up at the tree, and when the green came i was like a prom dress at the hotel after.... taken off in a split second. i was like greased lightening. He was on my heel\quarter panel for the first 200 feet, but i walked him once i hit the top end. Another F-body destroyed. LolLercopter....lollollollolloollollolllol
Old 06-14-2008 | 10:30 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by GMLIFER
Weird, when my 02 ss was bone stock I had no problem walking on stock GTO's. Mine was an m6 with 3.42's, lid and a catback.

If you had a lid and catback then your camaro wasn't stock LOL.

Both cars are bad ***. Fbodies are little bit lighter and hook better. Gto's handle better but with mods both cars can be equally fast.
Old 06-14-2008 | 11:53 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by redgoat420
Both cars are bad ***. Fbodies are little bit lighter and hook better. Gto's handle better but with mods both cars can be equally fast.
excuse me! what are you doing talking about positive features about both cars. this thread is only for bashing one car while pretending the other is god's gift to machines.
Old 06-15-2008 | 01:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by blkbltgoat
excuse me! what are you doing talking about positive features about both cars. this thread is only for bashing one car while pretending the other is god's gift to machines.
and you are surprised at this response by the f-body guys. lol
Old 06-15-2008 | 03:18 PM
TECH Resident

The GTO is a pig, that's all I know. It boils down to the driver.
Old 06-15-2008 | 03:20 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Johny GTO
i have beaten F-bodies on my rollerskates. I was all like "whoa, you got the most dude-ical camaro i have seen, broham. You like it"? and he was all like "lol. you bitch *** on your rollerskates. i got a camaro and i am awesome beyond belief. I will wreck your anus".
I like, totally couldnt let him get away with that, so was like "bro, youre on!!".

We lined up at the tree, and when the green came i was like a prom dress at the hotel after.... taken off in a split second. i was like greased lightening. He was on my heel\quarter panel for the first 200 feet, but i walked him once i hit the top end. Another F-body destroyed. LolLercopter....lollollollolloollollolllol
Lay off the crack.
Old 06-15-2008 | 04:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

haha crack smokers
Old 06-17-2008 | 12:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 325trooper
Same here. My A4 '05 goat will get sideways at 46mph going into second. My TA couldn't dream of doing that when it was stock. No comparison.
Well, I'm not stock (although I'm no powerhouse), and I had no problems going sideways in my TA while racing a BMW M-Coupe. Scared the crap out of me when it happened, but I managed to keep it together and stay ahead. When I do get onto my car, she will let loose going into second quite often. I think she knows that I like it, and wants to make me happy

I have not track times or dyno numbers, but in a couple street races against my friend, I walked his '04 M6 GTO, and inched out his '68 GTO that he's ran 12.8s in. Never tried to race an LS2 GTO (not much of a racer), but at the same time I've had a CTS-V hang with me. The way I see it, they're both nice cars, so I'm going to be buying an '05-'06 shortly for my wife to drive (although she can't drive a manual, so I think I'll get to drive it more than her )
Old 06-17-2008 | 10:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by majeskyb
Well, I'm not stock (although I'm no powerhouse), and I had no problems going sideways in my TA while racing a BMW M-Coupe.
My TA didn't have problems getting sideways after it was no longer stock as well lol.
Old 06-17-2008 | 11:12 PM
Launching!

Talking

my car(mods in sig) has no problem taking LS2 gto s...i have raced many of them..they get me on the start because i spin first and alot of second..i raced a 2006 gto with the ls2 ..it had 10k miles on it..we raced flat out on a freeway at 2 am ...i left him ecspecially after about the 120 130 mph...i went all the way up until my speedometer needle was fixing to hit the steering column..but i left him..
Old 06-18-2008 | 12:07 AM
Launching!

I have a 02 Formula right now and am really thinking about moving to a 05-06 GTO because I want something newer only. I love F bodies but I want something new with low miles.
Old 06-18-2008 | 12:18 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by chase3
my car(mods in sig) has no problem taking LS2 gto s...i have raced many of them..they get me on the start because i spin first and alot of second..i raced a 2006 gto with the ls2 ..it had 10k miles on it..we raced flat out on a freeway at 2 am ...i left him ecspecially after about the 120 130 mph...i went all the way up until my speedometer needle was fixing to hit the steering column..but i left him..

yeah mids and a tune will make a ws6 or SS even or better than a ls2 gto

but...

stock for stock a ls2 gto will dead rape a SS/Ws6 on top end thats just the ls2

i have beaten camaro ss models on the freeway with exhuast work done on them and instead of shutting off a few cars after i beat them past 100mph i take it to 150mph to really show them what these fat goats can do

with mods all bets are off
any engine can be awaken with any mod
Old 06-18-2008 | 04:46 AM
Teching In

Bottom line: f-bodies are quick cars. They'll edge out '04 GTOs (stock for stock) due to being a little lighter. They're a good race against the LS2 Goats, with the Goat being slightly faster, but not out of the range of a good driver. If you want a drag car, take your pick: less stock weight or more stock displacement.

That said, the GTOs are newer, nicer, and more rare. Styling is up to preference, and it's been duly noted that many think the GTOs are "boring". Have all bases been covered? Can this thread die?
Old 06-18-2008 | 10:12 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by sslateron
Lay off the crack.
but its so good.
Old 06-18-2008 | 10:57 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 325trooper
My TA didn't have problems getting sideways after it was no longer stock as well lol.
I was just saying that all I have is a lid and cat-back. I'd be surprised if I was making 360hp at the crank. And my car has no problem breaking free my re960 pole positions. That is all.
Old 06-18-2008 | 11:35 AM
Teching In

Stock for Stock an LS1 GTO will get walked all day by and LS1 F-body. LS2 GTO vs. LS1 F-body is pretty much a driver's race. F-bodys weigh ~500Lbs less than the GTOs do. That's a big difference and certainly matters. The GTO is a nicer car than the F-bodys IMHO, the interiors are nicer and with the IRS lends itself better to a DD but for all out performance F-body > GTO. BTW I have a cammed 04 PBM 6-sp GTO.
Old 06-18-2008 | 11:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

when I had just a cai vs my friends 02 ws6 with SLP lid & LM2 bih m6 cars I would pull alittle on top end and thats how it was everytime.
Old 06-18-2008 | 11:45 AM
11 Second Club

Wow. A GTO thread I haven't posted in.

Carry on...
Old 06-18-2008 | 01:20 PM
TECH Junkie

First and Foremost i am not here to bash or attempt to bash the goat,it is a real comfortable sports car with plenty power!

I finally got a chance to line up with an Ls2 goat in my Lt1, my mods are LT's,true duals 2.5'' and CAI. it was prolly my most fun race EVER in the end i beat him by 1.5 cars..the top end charge on that sucker was awesome he was coming and there was not a thing i could do about it! fortunately for me the 1/4 was over.
Old 06-18-2008 | 03:09 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 96lt1m6
First and Foremost i am not here to bash or attempt to bash the goat,it is a real comfortable sports car with plenty power!

I finally got a chance to line up with an Ls2 goat in my Lt1, my mods are LT's,true duals 2.5'' and CAI. it was prolly my most fun race EVER in the end i beat him by 1.5 cars..the top end charge on that sucker was awesome he was coming and there was not a thing i could do about it! fortunately for me the 1/4 was over.
oh the humanity, we are losing to LT1s now. I think there is 1 GTO that drives around the country racing people and getting their *** handed to them again and again.

Quick Reply: gto vs f-bodies