Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

What Happen Price Of GTO's?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 05:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt9123
so 282 lbs. Call it 300. Still, I am yet to see a bone stock M6 04 goat run a 13 and DEFINATELY not a low 13, but, I'll believe it when I see it.
And that's in real life at Atlanta Dragway...I go up there all the time and have never seen one. I know that 6.0's are capable of low 13's but i highly doubt the 5.7's are...
visit ls1gto.com for your 04 gtos running bottom 13 needs. plenty of them there.
Old 06-14-2008, 05:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by sappy96
Try going to Silver dollar raceway in reynolds GA.

Hell even look at post #4 here
https://ls1tech.com/forums/pontiac-gto-2004-2006/934379-gto-vs-f-bodies.html
Silver Dollars too far for every weekend.
And that post really doesn't prove anything..anyone can post anything they want on a forum.
For example.
My dog will kick any human in this worlds ***.
There, look at my post, and everyone will believe it? No.
I'll believe it, when I SEE IT. In real life..not on the internet.
I yet to be stand corrected, I'm not doubting that it can happen, I'm just saying i've never seen it.
Old 06-14-2008, 05:23 PM
Teching In

Why the big debate over GTO prices? This is pretty much standard for most cars (350z, Chargers, Mustangs, Fbody's, etc).
The value of Fbody's dropped like a rock when they became about 2-3 years old. I should know. I've owned two Fbody's.

Eventually (after a couple more years) the drop in value will slow down.

To be honest, the 05/06 GTO's (LS2's) will most likey hold their value really well a few years down the road. The GTO was a limited production vehicle (about 15,000 units per year), which makes them a pretty rare sight on the streets.
Old 06-14-2008, 07:01 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dgr00s
if you would trade the potential of a gto for what a camaro has to offer to go "really fast" thats your choice and a confused one at that...
Potential of a GTO??? What am I missing that the GTO potentially has that a Camaro or Firebird doesn't? Leather door panels?

Enlighten me of how confused I am. Please.
Old 06-14-2008, 08:39 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by demonspeed
Potential of a GTO??? What am I missing that the GTO potentially has that a Camaro or Firebird doesn't? Leather door panels?

Enlighten me of how confused I am. Please.
you have one, you should know.
Old 06-14-2008, 08:40 PM
On The Tree

Silver Dollars too far for every weekend.
And that post really doesn't prove anything..anyone can post anything they want on a forum.
For example.
My dog will kick any human in this worlds ***.
There, look at my post, and everyone will believe it? No.
I'll believe it, when I SEE IT. In real life..not on the internet.
I yet to be stand corrected, I'm not doubting that it can happen, I'm just saying i've never seen it.
Well since its an FBOD guy saying it I thought maybe you would believe it.
Anyway have you been up to Road Atlanta?
Old 06-14-2008, 09:00 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Originally Posted by dgr00s
you have one, you should know.
Wittiness isn't proving your point.

But where can I start...

Suspension? It's great on the GTO, isn't it? Leaky struts, blown bushings, sagging springs. I mean, it's normal for cars with less than 10k miles to exhibit those sort of traits, right? So lets call Pedders. Thousands later, and we're on par with what a simple call to Sam Strano would have taken care of for much less. You would have also received much more than a box of bushings.

How about the traction? Those big wide 245's sure to hook... er... well, at least a thinner tire is better in the snow. It's enough worry to fit 275's on a GTO. Any bigger, it's time to cut. How wide are stock Camaro tires? 275. How easy is it to mount 315's on the back? As easy as using the tire machine.

That's a nice rubber band in the middle of the driveshaft on the GTO. Oh wait, it's a 2 peice shaft. Silly me. Well, let's spend some money on that. While we're at it, we'll dump gobs of money on a gear change and diff cover (that alone is a grand), throw in some axles and some beefy stubs. Funny, all I would have to do to a Camaro is not even hit 2 grand to have a bolt in rear that will take endless abuse - and I can keep my stock driveshaft. I mean, I could do that to the GTO, but then I have to fab everything, tub it, etc. Yeah, I think I'd rather be driving than seeing it on jackstands. No thanks.

Hmm, what can we do under the hood? Oh yeah, the same thing any LS1 or LS2 GTO can do! Imagine that!

Am I missing anything?
Old 06-14-2008, 09:03 PM
On The Tree

^^
What that has to do w/ value of the car...

I am sure there were no issues at all the whole F-Body production run.
They are perfect...
Old 06-14-2008, 09:16 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

^^
What that has to do w/ value of the car...

I am sure there were no issues at all the whole F-Body production run.
They are perfect...
dgr00s is saying the F-Body uses "dated technology" compared to the GTO. I simply wonder what technology.

dgr00s also implies that a GTO has more performance potential than that of a F-Body. I simply want to know what potential.
Old 06-14-2008, 11:21 PM
On The Tree

Well if you compare stock blocked cars then the GTO does have more potential. It will cost more for sure but its there.
As far as dated technology idk what he is referring to exactly.
Old 06-14-2008, 11:59 PM
12 Second Club

Well if you compare stock blocked cars then the GTO does have more potential. It will cost more for sure but its there.
243 HEADS
LS6 intake manifold/90mm intake manifold
suspension
the tranny is better....uses some parts from the vette
brakes
gauge cluster
Old 06-15-2008, 12:01 AM
12 Second Club

lol...maybe so.
But they will all still come from the almighty LS1.
true true
Old 06-15-2008, 12:07 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Not entirely true. Let's use your '05 for example.

I'm going to assume that your 12.5 @ 111 is with all the mods listed on your fquick (it doesn't mention if it is or not).

Let's compare that to my '01 Z28. 13.0 @ 111.6 with a catback, lid and programmer. Assuming I had the full exhaust like you did (which would make the mods even), that E/T would be ever so close to yours, with another 2-3 mph. My car also had 90k miles at the time.

Does this mean my LS1 would have had more power than your LS2? Nope. It means that the entire package is making better use of the power.

One could argue that the 6.2 L92 in the new Escalade has more power than a 98 Z28, and therefore, have more potential. Potential for what? Just to make more power? That doesn't do it much good when it's in a luxo-barge.

I'm really not trying to be a jerk, just trying to make sense of this whole GTO vs. F-Body phenomenon.

Last edited by demonspeed; 06-15-2008 at 12:21 AM.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:09 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Originally Posted by CABRO
243 HEADS
LS6 intake manifold/90mm intake manifold
suspension
the tranny is better....uses some parts from the vette
brakes
gauge cluster
01-02 has the LS6 manifold. They're $300 bucks if you have a 98-00.

I don't understand this whole "better suspension" thing.

Tranny is better? It's a T56!

Brakes? Do you realize how cheap it is to throw Z06 brakes on a F-body? Furthermore, the GTO needs the better brakes since it's got more heft, sedan suspension and tiny little tires.

Gauge cluster? Now what does that have anything to do with performance?

You guys are missing the fact that I'm not saying a LS2 doesn't make more power (it's a larger engine, duh). It's that the package isn't as "race friendly" as a f-body.

Last edited by demonspeed; 06-15-2008 at 12:17 AM.
Old 06-15-2008, 04:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by gangbang malloy
children children please

now i own two cars
a 69 camaro ( which i know isnt a ls1 but please cope with me )
and a 2005 gto

now i understand the the gto is prolly the most comfortable sports car right now.

ive been in a 2002 SS and my buddys 2005 vette and let me tell you, as a 6ft 2 guy they suck *** on a trip longer than 30 mins lol

now i can transport 4 grown *** adults in my gto no problem from LA to Vegas and back without a single complaint.
thats why our cars weigh more.
as for the price of the cars u can get a very nice camaro ss 02 model for about 9-12k
a nice gto would run from 18-24k

now what alot of people dont realize is all in all i believe they made about 40,000 gtos between 04-06 and about 5,000 or so have been wrecked or destroyed so these cars will be going up in value later on but thats just my opinion.

i love my GTO and its wide tough stance so yeah...
too bad Pontiac didnt leave any room for some tough and wide tires in the rear lol I know that was one of things i hated about my old GTO...other than the fact GM bought it back for being a POS lemon
Old 06-15-2008, 08:14 AM
12 Second Club

01-02 has the LS6 manifold. They're $300 bucks if you have a 98-00.

I don't understand this whole "better suspension" thing.

Tranny is better? It's a T56!

Brakes? Do you realize how cheap it is to throw Z06 brakes on a F-body? Furthermore, the GTO needs the better brakes since it's got more heft, sedan suspension and tiny little tires.

Gauge cluster? Now what does that have anything to do with performance?

You guys are missing the fact that I'm not saying a LS2 doesn't make more power (it's a larger engine, duh). It's that the package isn't as "race friendly" as a f-body.

i thought we were comparing things that came stock on the vehicle

as for the t56 ----The GTO's use a triple cone blocker ring just like the vette. An fbody uses a single cone. The triple cone's are $500 for the set and the fbodys are $169.

gauge cluster- nothing with performance---you asked how was a gto more advanced.......cluster has shift light already in it....just needs to be programed.

this is true about being race friendly......but everyone is like f-bods is the only way to go....when in fact most of them now all sport ls2's or bigger.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:52 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Originally Posted by CABRO
this is true about being race friendly......but everyone is like f-bods is the only way to go....when in fact most of them now all sport ls2's or bigger.
That's my point. I'm not saying the GTO sucks. I'm saying the GTO is not the better platform to build a "race" car. Even stock for stock, the GTO is a different car (that's why I bought mine in the first place).

You can buy a shiftlight for dirt cheap. It doesn't have to be a huge monster one from Autometer either.

Everything you can do to the GTO you can do to the Camaro. You're right, most modified ones are running 6.0's or larger. Which would mean a 6.0 Camaro vs. 6.0 GTO = Camaro.

Comparing the T56 is just like comparing the engines. It's the same thing when it boils down to it. At the end of the day, the F-Body is still better suited for the track.

My ranting is entirely in the wrong thread.
Old 06-15-2008, 05:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 249 Likes on 167 Posts

5.7 Camaro, 5.7 Firebird, 5.7 GTO, 6.0 GTO > 4.6 Mustang

[/End Thread]
Old 06-16-2008, 12:11 AM
12 Second Club

That's my point. I'm not saying the GTO sucks. I'm saying the GTO is not the better platform to build a "race" car. Even stock for stock, the GTO is a different car (that's why I bought mine in the first place).

You can buy a shiftlight for dirt cheap. It doesn't have to be a huge monster one from Autometer either.

Everything you can do to the GTO you can do to the Camaro. You're right, most modified ones are running 6.0's or larger. Which would mean a 6.0 Camaro vs. 6.0 GTO = Camaro.

Comparing the T56 is just like comparing the engines. It's the same thing when it boils down to it. At the end of the day, the F-Body is still better suited for the track.

My ranting is entirely in the wrong thread.

true true!!!

i am just arguing for the sake of arguement.........it all boils down to who has the deeper pocket anyways.......
Old 06-16-2008, 05:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The f-body is the way to go to build a track car and not only for drag racing either but as far as a DD I like my gto because its like a wolf in sheeps clothing. Since I have put the 5.7 badges on it many foolish mustangs have tried to run just to realize that theres a camonly LS2 lurking under the hood.

Quick Reply: What Happen Price Of GTO's?