Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Want Opinions on a 06 GTO - 5,200Miles

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 10:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want Opinions on a 06 GTO - 5,200Miles

So I stumbled across a mint 06 GTO in a salvage yard today and want your guys input/opinion.

The car:
2006 GTO
Red (Torrid Red?)
5,200 miles
Black Leather Interior
6 Speed
Ram Air

It will have a rebuilt title but will be perfect* (details below). Only has slight-moderate damage to one side and all the damage is in one spot. The other side is perfect. No frame, suspension, or drivetrain damage. Even the front and back glass are in perfect shape. Also it will be repaired professionally with all GM parts.

*Details: My stepfather owns a body/mechanical shop and has ran it for close to 30 years with a current staff of around 20 techs/secretaries/etc.. He has rebuilt numerous cars and is very meticulous in his work, as a good Auto Shop owner should be. Also, we just rebuilt a 350Z that a tree fell on and it is perfect.

My question to you is....

What would you guys expect to spend on a car like this?

What would you try to sell it for?

And lastly, is there anyone interested in it?

TIA for the opinions and I hope this is in the right spot.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

resale value on GTOs sucks. asks me how i know.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

LOL... Thanks for the info. That's the kind of stuff I was looking for. Don't want to drop the cash on it, get it perfect and back to "new car" status just to lose my @$$ over it..

What do you think it'd sell for?

What about a GTO that is exactly the same without the "rebuild" title?

I used auto trader and did a search of ones for sell in my area. They started at low 30's and made their way on down. Maybe they just have them listed through the roof on there..
Old 08-09-2008, 09:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

considering you have a bodyshop hookup it might be worth it for you. how much would the damage cost to fix? best i can say is find out book value and subtract damage costs.

im trying to get 22k for mine. wish me luck.
Old 08-09-2008, 09:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
considering you have a bodyshop hookup it might be worth it for you. how much would the damage cost to fix? best i can say is find out book value and subtract damage costs.

Good luck man!!
Details on it?

I asked some locals on another board and they said I'd be lucky to get 15K out of it. I could get all the parts for less than that, but don't know if I could justify my time and work with all of it to cover me. Especially with how many other clean GTO's are for sale. I mean it'd be a hell of a deal over one of those with all the perks (low mileage, fixed to new, etc..) and a lower price, but the "salvage/rebuild" thing scares people.

Sidenote: Just finished a 2003 350Z and it is beautiful. The owner bought it back off of us for a little less than the insurance company gave him for it so he gets his car back and makes a little money. Plus he paid pretty good so we come out alright. It's a win win.. Lol. Wish they were all that way.

Maybe I'll pass this one up and look for something that has a better resale value or that is in more demand.

Anyway, thanks for your response. I really appreciate it.
Old 08-09-2008, 11:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

its a QS 05 M6. lightly modded. it makes 365/361 just under 17k on it with an extended warranty. it has SAP grilles, tint. inserts some other ****. car runs and looks great but as i said resale sucks but its a low mileage car.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:25 AM
Launching!

IF I had known about your sale I would have given you 22k for it. I paid 24k for a car with 28k miles
Old 08-15-2008, 10:47 AM
On The Tree

If the car was really "mint" and didn't have a salvage title, low 20's. Rebuilt to "mint" condition with a rebuilt title, maybe low/mid-teens. The low resale on non-rebuilt cars will really hurt your value.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:18 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS

Good luck, I can't sell my gto either.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:35 AM
Banned

Arrow China junporcelain

China is home to a wide variety of arts and crafts throughout the whole world, such as pottery and porcelain. Only Shenhou city produced Jun porcelain was famed as: It's quality of fetus is sturdy; its mouldmaking is dignified and unsophisticated, graceful and elegant; its colour is gorgeous. It really one of the first leaders in porcelain of the world. Jun Porcelain is originated from Shenhou town, Yuzhou city, HeNan Province, and is one of five famous China Jun Porcelains. Which can be specialized in imperial palace, enjoy the honour of "a piece of art of peerless and unique beauty, its value was priceless" and "the gold is valuable but Jun Porcelain is not".It has a history that more than 1,000 years. It took its name from gu juntai of Yuzhou. It was set for use of emperor by Northern Song Emperor Huizong, imperial porcelain, precious porcelain only for royals. China is a world-famous ancient pottery country, and porcelain has become a symbol of Chinese culture.The five traditional porcelains of Song Dynasty is a symbol of Chinese culture. The Jun porcelain, which is the first of five porcelains, is continuous attracting the porcelain enthusiasts by its great impression and distinct artistic charm. www.junporcelain.net can lead you to the charming Jun porcelain world. Here you will find the information you are interested in and also you can buy them if you like. Easy click, making your life more enjoyable.www.junporcelain.net
Old 08-21-2008, 11:44 AM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

^^^^

Wtf?
Old 08-21-2008, 03:18 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by kungfu888
China is home to a wide variety of arts and crafts throughout the whole world, such as pottery and porcelain. Only Shenhou city produced Jun porcelain was famed as: It's quality of fetus is sturdy; its mouldmaking is dignified and unsophisticated, graceful and elegant; its colour is gorgeous. It really one of the first leaders in porcelain of the world. Jun Porcelain is originated from Shenhou town, Yuzhou city, HeNan Province, and is one of five famous China Jun Porcelains. Which can be specialized in imperial palace, enjoy the honour of "a piece of art of peerless and unique beauty, its value was priceless" and "the gold is valuable but Jun Porcelain is not".It has a history that more than 1,000 years. It took its name from gu juntai of Yuzhou. It was set for use of emperor by Northern Song Emperor Huizong, imperial porcelain, precious porcelain only for royals. China is a world-famous ancient pottery country, and porcelain has become a symbol of Chinese culture.The five traditional porcelains of Song Dynasty is a symbol of Chinese culture. The Jun porcelain, which is the first of five porcelains, is continuous attracting the porcelain enthusiasts by its great impression and distinct artistic charm. www.junporcelain.net can lead you to the charming Jun porcelain world. Here you will find the information you are interested in and also you can buy them if you like. Easy click, making your life more enjoyable.www.junporcelain.net

Quick Reply: Want Opinions on a 06 GTO - 5,200Miles