Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

Chasing my buddy Greg at Barber HPDE 5-29-11

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 05:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Chasing my buddy Greg at Barber HPDE 5-29-11

That black car is a rocket I tell ya.........

http://youtu.be/IfWQUPf9AP4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfWQU...ature=youtu.be
Old 06-05-2011, 07:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like a fun time! What kind of car was your friend driving?
Old 06-05-2011, 07:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by riceburnerZ28
Looks like a fun time! What kind of car was your friend driving?
99 z28
Old 06-06-2011, 01:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Looks like the pewter car could have used up more of the track.. It looks like hes just not tracking out enough.

You paid for all the track, use it!

Overall, looks like a good session though!
Old 06-06-2011, 02:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Yeh this video really shows a lot. I was worried about keeping my buddy in sight and didn't use most of what I had been taught.

I see my concentration level on what I am supposed to be doing needs to be much higher.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Its all about looking where you need to go..

Look through the apex, look at your braking zone, look at your track out, look at where YOU need to be, not at what is in front of you. By the time you see what the car is doing infront of you (even if he is doing EXACTLY what you need to be doing) just trying to follow their motions will mess you up.. Your timing on turn-in will be off and so on.

Overall, not too bad though.. Just remember to not watch the car in front of you except for not running into the back of him.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:46 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by SVThuh
Its all about looking where you need to go..

Look through the apex, look at your braking zone, look at your track out, look at where YOU need to be, not at what is in front of you. By the time you see what the car is doing infront of you (even if he is doing EXACTLY what you need to be doing) just trying to follow their motions will mess you up.. Your timing on turn-in will be off and so on.

Overall, not too bad though.. Just remember to not watch the car in front of you except for not running into the back of him.
Yeh I seem to have a problem with that, when I am alone I do well, get someone in front of me I make mistakes. When I get a car in front of me my field of vision closes down on me, I get excited and loose where I am supposed to be.

With the new brakes I can go much deeper now, thats hard to learn after not having any brakes. I can also turn in later with the brakes, also hard to learn...the brakes kinda screwed me up lol.

Any criticism is welcome, Mitch I know your out there.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:26 PM
TECH Addict

Only time i pay attention to the vehicle ahead is when i can see there front tires and see there slip angle to know what kind of run I'll have on them (if any) coming out of a corner; also for finding slippery spots on the track that i can avoid

definitely use all the track though. This is HPDE, not a race, don't get caught up in the "I have to beat that guy" mentality..plus you're still new to this
Old 06-07-2011, 03:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by SIK02SS
Only time i pay attention to the vehicle ahead is when i can see there front tires and see there slip angle to know what kind of run I'll have on them (if any) coming out of a corner; also for finding slippery spots on the track that i can avoid

definitely use all the track though. This is HPDE, not a race, don't get caught up in the "I have to beat that guy" mentality..plus you're still new to this
Yeh now that I have done a few events things are slowing down in my mind, not so frantic lol. I will concentrate harder on car placement and looking further up the track.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Sweet video! After participating in one of these for the first time earlier this week, I have a newfound appreciation for the amount of concentration and practice it will take to keep getting better!

Quick Reply: Chasing my buddy Greg at Barber HPDE 5-29-11