Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

fuel system for 99-02 plastic tank

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 01:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default fuel system for 99-02 plastic tank

Whats everyone using for a fuel system on these non baffled plastic tanks for HPDE and AutoX? I know Racetronix supplies the 255l drop in pump for the bucket but I have that and my tuner is saying I'm still not getting enough fuel during WOT. I have a heads/cam LS2 installed at the moment but plan on going FI and I'll really need to bump up the fuel supply when I do that. Any ideas?
Old 07-06-2017, 07:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Injectors maxed out? Maybe call Racetronix and speak with them about options? I feel a 255 seems to cover a wide range of setups. I wouldn't think a HCI LS2 would max out a 255. I could be very wrong though.

Is the car not getting fuel at WOT on the dyno or during cornering?
Old 07-06-2017, 11:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by smitty2919
Injectors maxed out? Maybe call Racetronix and speak with them about options? I feel a 255 seems to cover a wide range of setups. I wouldn't think a HCI LS2 would max out a 255. I could be very wrong though.

I have remote tuning service from a sponsor here and he says he can compensate for the loss of fuel on the top end but it "throws up red flags"... Anyways we've tried testing with speed density tunes with the same lean out result on the top end. I do plan on going forced induction later on with this engine so I'll need to fuel headroom.

I'm piecing together a system with a second venturi boost pump with a walbro 450lph pump at the moment. Hopefully I can get the factory venturi to work along with the second. I'll post up my results when I'm done.
Old 07-07-2017, 05:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by smitty2919

You run out of fuel relatively early with E85 and a Racetronix. I figure if I run into that I'll run an external pump in addition to the Racetronix just to keep the bucket functionality.
Old 07-07-2017, 06:12 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 238 Likes on 184 Posts

You wont find a larger pump (yet) that uses the jet pump system than the 255. For road racing that is a nice setup to have. With stock fuel lines the racetronix will support 600 na hp. looking for less than 12.3 afr will bring that down, and running e85 will not make 600 na on it. For boost, youll want the dual 255 kit. We have the whole kit with pumps and harness for $429 BUT the stock fpr inline wont work so youll need to address that somehow. We can help with that also with the racetronix complete fuel system ($575) comes with boost ref fpr also. That will handle up to roughly 800 at the wheels. above that the dual 340 will do 1k.
Few options avail for ya.
Old 07-07-2017, 09:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tech@WS6store
You wont find a larger pump (yet) that uses the jet pump system than the 255. For road racing that is a nice setup to have. With stock fuel lines the racetronix will support 600 na hp. looking for less than 12.3 afr will bring that down, and running e85 will not make 600 na on it. For boost, youll want the dual 255 kit. We have the whole kit with pumps and harness for $429 BUT the stock fpr inline wont work so youll need to address that somehow. We can help with that also with the racetronix complete fuel system ($575) comes with boost ref fpr also. That will handle up to roughly 800 at the wheels. above that the dual 340 will do 1k.
Few options avail for ya.
Thanks for the reply, I bought my Racetronix 255l pump from you guys but I'm getting AFR of around 14+ on the top end. I'm in the process of piecing together the modified system with 2 venturi pumps to fill the bucket with the walbro 450l pump which I heard is more about 420lph ish. I did purchase the higher amp bulkhead connector from racetronix directly since I didn't see it listed on your website... I also purchased the racetronix external FPR and might run that if the factory one can't keep up. I probably will end up buying the racetronix kit from you guys soon though.
Old 07-08-2017, 12:27 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

There is no doubt the stock fpr wont keep up.
Its not made for E85 either.
The 450lph pump needs more power, and we carry the in tank harness for them. a single 450 with a constant 12+v would keep a pretty fat afr fed or e85 but its pretty taxing. Running duals evens out the load BUT you dont use the gm style bulkhead anymore.
Old 07-08-2017, 01:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

There is no doubt the stock fpr wont keep up.
Its not made for E85 either.
The 450lph pump needs more power, and we carry the in tank harness for them. a single 450 with a constant 12+v would keep a pretty fat afr fed or e85 but its pretty taxing. Running duals evens out the load BUT you dont use the gm style bulkhead anymore.
I have no plans on running E85, I do plan on low boost (no more than 8psi) in the future. If my factory FPR doesn't keep up I'll install the aftermarket FPR.

Man if you carry the higher amp bulkhead connector you need to list it on your website... unless its not under racetronix as the manufacture. The only place I could find it was racetronix website... and my order is still just sitting there paid for and not shipped since Tuesday.
Old 07-08-2017, 01:24 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

We sell everything racetronix sells as well...but they keep adding more parts and its hard to keep up PLUS we are transitioning to a brand new site AND taking care of all the pricing updates and new product offerings it can be hard to catch everything. We will add both bulkheads on the site asap though. I do know they were on back order for a bit...so that may be why it hasnt updated with info. They do come in every new racetronix hotwire kit as well if that helps any.
We have sold prob 5 individual bulkheads this year, most of the time the customer has no idea what its called or we get tech calls that finally lead to that issue. They are a good piece, they just take some adapting to work if you dont have the new harness etc to work with them.
Old 07-08-2017, 01:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

We sell everything racetronix sells as well...but they keep adding more parts and its hard to keep up PLUS we are transitioning to a brand new site AND taking care of all the pricing updates and new product offerings it can be hard to catch everything. We will add both bulkheads on the site asap though. I do know they were on back order for a bit...so that may be why it hasnt updated with info. They do come in every new racetronix hotwire kit as well if that helps any.
We have sold prob 5 individual bulkheads this year, most of the time the customer has no idea what its called or we get tech calls that finally lead to that issue. They are a good piece, they just take some adapting to work if you dont have the new harness etc to work with them.
Good to know, I should have called you guys up first... I'll try to contact Racetronix Monday and see if I can cancel the order and just place it with you instead. I've had my wiring kit for a while now, but my new AC delco pump came with the adapter and I've already soldered in the new connector. Thanks for you help.
Old 07-09-2017, 08:20 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Added to site here
Old 07-10-2017, 01:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Added to site here
Ha sweet! I sent racetronix an email to get my order canceled... hopefully it gets canceled before they ship. Anyways expect a call from me

Quick Reply: fuel system for 99-02 plastic tank