Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Cam/6.0L T/A vs Bolt On 99 Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 08:38 AM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver

Not much really. Although ask yourself that question of what the cobros would think if a ls did that and tried to pass it off as bolt ons....
You are bolt ons and nothing but bolt ons with your motor swapped hackfish right?
Old 05-04-2016, 08:42 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The point is it don't run properly dumbass.

You can't be stupid enough to argue running e85 and no tune......but maybe you are.

Drlsx 1
Cobros 0

I've been ope about the ls6.....you guys are being shady. Just that easy to see the difference.

Yup

Not much really. Although ask yourself that question of what the cobros would think if a ls did that and tried to pass it off as bolt ons.

Yup....it's terrible slow. That's why yall cry so much about it.
I think somewhere along the line most frequenters in here have lost a little respect for each other. I appreciate your car and the work you've put into it but the attitude you have twoards mod motors is one sided. That's why you get a lot of the responses you do.
Old 05-04-2016, 08:44 AM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

The point is it don't run properly dumbass.

You can't be stupid enough to argue running e85 and no tune......but maybe you are.
Holy crap dude, go back and read what I've said in the other thread. I not once argued running e85 without proper tuning was ok. I specifically said the exact opposite, that it's not ideal and isn't proper. But regardless it will still run, just not right.

Not much really. Although ask yourself that question of what the cobros would think if a ls did that and tried to pass it off as bolt ons.
They'd be hypocritical dumbasses indeed. I mean, bitching about degreed stock cams is about as dumb as bitching about the whole rocker arm b.s.
Old 05-04-2016, 08:45 AM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Anything that isn't LS, is junk.
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

That Cobra is turd. And the owner lied. Tsk tsk tsk
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by R6cowboy
Degreeing stock cams would be taking advantage of the capabilities of stock components and optimizing them. Do you not learn anything from hammer and hio?
You're on fire today.
Old 05-04-2016, 08:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
Where did he lie?
Old 05-04-2016, 08:48 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DrLsx
R6cowgirl, why are you swinging off this slowbra dude's nuts so hard? Both him and his butt buddy Its Stock lied about the car's mods, to try and look cool on the internet. Or are you one of their real life butt buddies too? Flippin' tool.
Awe, trying real hard to make yourself feel better after looking like an idiot. Nice try, grown man with a teenage mentality.
Old 05-04-2016, 08:50 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
You're on fire today.
He said stock cobra heads, but didn't specify stock '03/04 cobra heads. He played it like a lot of the LS swingers do. That's a no-no.
Old 05-04-2016, 08:54 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
He didn't quite lie per se, he just didn't specify the year of the stock cobra heads. This same thing is seen all the time from all crowds.
Old 05-04-2016, 08:54 AM
Banned

Awe, trying real hard to make yourself feel better after looking like an idiot. Nice try, grown man with a teenage mentality.
Lol I'm not the one who lies about mods online. Talk about looking like an idiot. You mad that I blew the whistle on your friend's BS? Poor fella.
Old 05-04-2016, 08:56 AM
Banned

He didn't quite lie per se, he just didn't specify the year of the stock cobra heads. This same thing is seen all the time from all crowds.
Stock means stock, dumbass. Did 99 cobras come with heads that weren't even made yet? It's Stock lied the most. He hid at least 4 different mods. ModularMan only lied about 2...that we know of.
Old 05-04-2016, 08:57 AM
On The Tree

Go look it up....i could tell but you seem to stupid to listen to anything else i say so no need for me to bother.
The only reason you have a clue as to what gear ratio the 03-04 Cobra t56 had stock, is because I corrected you in that other thread. Then you just didn't respond again because you aren't able to admit when you are wrong.

Originally Posted by ModularMan
Well I'm the owner of the "Bolt-on 99 Cobra". This is why I like running modular motors, because everyone that doesn't has no clue about them or how hard they can run when done right. "corysmach1" knows of the car and is on the right track. The car is seriously and honestly a stock shortblock, stock heads, stock cams. Stock 96-98 cams degreed of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLSw7o2nXEA

Please follow the link. In the vid the car weighs 3420 WITH me in it. Has stock shocks and struts. Also in the vid it doesn't have the EWP (Electric Water Pump).

Car now should weigh 3300 with me in it. The only power mod since the vid is the EWP.
Nice driving!

Heads and cams are bolt ons now? My car would yank that h/c/i, gutted, 4.56 geared, race gassed slobra easily.

You're mad that I exposed your obvious bullshit.
The screen shot you posted showed 4.30 gears. Now you are saying 4.56. Do you not trust your own resources? Or just pick and choose what mods you want him to have because it looks better for you?

Lol swing and a miss!

Hio doesn't go around saying he has stock heads and stock cams like this cobra tool. It's a bolt on ls6 inside a catfish.
Claiming to have a "bolt-on LS6" implies that the heads and "cams" are stock LS6 heads and "cams".

You should probably go back and read the Cobra owners first post. (I quoted it above so it shouldn't be too hard for you to find) He says "stock short block, stock heads, stock cams. Stock 96-98 cams degreed of course." Singling out the short block, stock heads and stock cams individually is the hint that you didn't catch. If he really intended to claim the car had stock heads and cams that it had from the factory, he would have just said stock long block.

Btw, Hammer does the same **** when he "discloses all his mods". You seem to be okay with him doing it though. lol what a hypocrite.

Originally Posted by islander033
You are bolt ons and nothing but bolt ons with your motor swapped hackfish right?
Oh Snap!
Old 05-04-2016, 09:00 AM
Banned

The screen shot of the video I posted is over a year old. So I'm sure he upgraded his gears since then. And Lord knows what else..

And he didn't single anything out. I can read just fine, Justin. All it was is another Furd guy trying to hide mods.

All hammer says is bolt ons. Completely different. Keep swinging though.
Old 05-04-2016, 09:00 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
He has a cobra, so yes, stock cobra heads and stock cobra cams
But a diffrent stock head on a ls1 with a cam = h/c?
Old 05-04-2016, 09:02 AM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Hio, Hammer, Jake: Slow
Everyone else: Fast
Old 05-04-2016, 09:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

He said stock cobra heads, but didn't specify stock '03/04 cobra heads. He played it like a lot of the LS swingers do. That's a no-no.
Yep, same bull **** #TeamDug on here pulls.

They just don't like it when somebody else does the same thing as them and beats them at their own lawyer mentality.
Old 05-04-2016, 09:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 408-99-f
But a diffrent stock head on a ls1 with a cam = h/c?
Depends. 243's, yes. They didn't come on an ls1.

Modified cylinder heads with rockers and valve train and **** like that is also head work.
Old 05-04-2016, 09:06 AM
TECH Resident

Lol I'm not the one who lies about mods online. Talk about looking like an idiot. You mad that I blew the whistle on your friend's BS? Poor fella.
Btw, I honestly don't know the guy whatsoever and will not favor him over anyone else.

Last edited by R6cowboy; 05-04-2016 at 09:11 AM.
Old 05-04-2016, 09:19 AM
On The Tree

The screen shot of the video I posted is over a year old. So I'm sure he upgraded his gears since then. And Lord knows what else..

And he didn't single anything out. I can read just fine, Justin. All it was is another Furd guy trying to hide mods.

All hammer says is bolt ons. Completely different. Keep swinging though.
Really? All he ever says is "bolt ons"?

And Cobra guy separated each with a comma, so he did label each individually. You're just mad that he fooled you with his tricky words. Similar to what Hammer does.

Quick Reply: Cam/6.0L T/A vs Bolt On 99 Cobra