Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette filter/regulator?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 07:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Corvette filter/regulator?

Anyone see a problem using the corvette style filter regulator for a stand alone fuel system?
Old 09-23-2016, 06:00 AM
Launching!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I've been running that setup on my Camaro swap for several years.

FWIW, I've been a best ET of 10.65 and mph of 131.88 on a 100 dry shot, and using the Vette filter/regulator the fuel pressure has been rock solid throughout the pass. So apparently it's flowing enough for me at this time. Not sure how the dry shot affects that, but with Holley EFI it's a piece of cake to set up and use. 42lb injectors.
Old 09-23-2016, 08:09 PM
TECH Resident

I have a Holley blue pump and regulator as that was the original plan with a front mount tank. I really hate listening to them pumps so the plan now I think is to use a stock fbody pump, corvette filter regulator in the t top well and use the evap line to get it up front.
Old 09-26-2016, 08:57 AM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by tug686spd
Anyone see a problem using the corvette style filter regulator for a stand alone fuel system?
How are you going to adjust fuel pressure for tuning?
Old 09-26-2016, 07:18 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by LSX Power Tuning
How are you going to adjust fuel pressure for tuning?
Correct me if im wrong but assumed it would be pretty steady between 55-60 psi. So I shouldnt have to much trouble getting a/f ratios where I want with jetting, I'm pretty new to nitrous but not new to tuning a carb where jet changes are needed to corect afr's. I havent assembled my whole kit yet but again I assumed I could get jets to compenste up/down a couple sizes instead of just 50/100/150.... shot sizes.

Besides there are kits designed for this fuel pressure and the tune are spot on right out of the box right? Trying to keep the clutter under the hood to a minimum. Its so nice with all the room. If I could buy the Puck outright and install myself I would. That way I could keep all hoses/noids/wiring out of the way. Thanks for the help and appreciate the feedback.
Old 09-26-2016, 07:31 PM
FormerVendor

Its doable without changing fuel pressure if you have enough jets. On standalone systems we get it really close with the jets and adjust the fuel pressure to fine tune if needed. We can also adjust the fuel pressure for weather changes vs constantly trying to change jets.
Old 09-26-2016, 09:15 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by LSX Power Tuning
Its doable without changing fuel pressure if you have enough jets. On standalone systems we get it really close with the jets and adjust the fuel pressure to fine tune if needed. We can also adjust the fuel pressure for weather changes vs constantly trying to change jets.
Very good points. I guess the big benefit to me with the vette filter/reg is the simplicity. Since I have parts to go either way high or low pressure, which do you think opens up the best window for turning? Thanks again, appreciate the feedback.

This is a street car so not after every hundreth every pass.
Old 09-27-2016, 09:13 AM
FormerVendor

We like to use low pressure because the jets are bigger and thats what we are used (race cars) to but either will work. We probably tune more street cars high pressure and more race cars low pressure.
Old 09-27-2016, 11:32 AM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by tug686spd
Correct me if im wrong but assumed it would be pretty steady between 55-60 psi. So I shouldnt have to much trouble getting a/f ratios where I want with jetting, I'm pretty new to nitrous but not new to tuning a carb where jet changes are needed to corect afr's. I havent assembled my whole kit yet but again I assumed I could get jets to compenste up/down a couple sizes instead of just 50/100/150.... shot sizes.

Besides there are kits designed for this fuel pressure and the tune are spot on right out of the box right? Trying to keep the clutter under the hood to a minimum. Its so nice with all the room. If I could buy the Puck outright and install myself I would. That way I could keep all hoses/noids/wiring out of the way. Thanks for the help and appreciate the feedback.
If you don't want to send the intake manifold in to get the Puck installed, you could always get rid of that spacer and replace it with one of these bad boys:

Old 09-27-2016, 12:09 PM
TECH Resident

I'm well aware of the Stinger and even machined down a 1" spacer to 3/4" for when I was fitting the velocity stack to the scoop. I have contacted you guys about both already but work on the car has been going slow. Had some tranny/converter issues but shes back together with a fresh tranny and new converter now waiting on the next test n tune. If I had a kit on it I know I'd be hitting it so I want to get it straitened out before I get one. Heres a half assed build thread https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...arts-pile.html

Ps. Nitrous Outlet you guys were very helpful with posting the instructions for the Harris Speed Works Microedge as well as helping us get the remaining fittings and lines we needed. Thank you

Quick Reply: Corvette filter/regulator?