Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Holley Accessory Drive Systems Coming Soon

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 10:12 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 203 Likes on 123 Posts

Default New Holley Accessory Drive Systems Coming Soon

I thought I'd post a couple photos of these coming new Holley accessory drive systems for those who didn't have to opportunity to see them at the LSFest event a few weeks ago.

The LS based system is configured with a low-mount alternator similar to the stock 4th-gen F-body set-up, and the LT based system is configured similarly to the existing Holley LS accessory drive system.

The low-mount Sanden A/C compressor bracket set-up seen in the photo on the LS engine is also coming and will be available separately. This set-up can be installed/operated at the Corvette, F-body or truck offset.

Old 09-29-2016, 10:17 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you guys have any plans for an LSA supercharger drive kit? Swaps seem to be pretty popular nowadays
Old 09-29-2016, 10:25 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Blue89Bird
you guys have any plans for an LSA supercharger drive kit? Swaps seem to be pretty popular nowadays
I haven't heard of anything on the schedule relative to that, but I don't work directly with the guys that develop the accessory drive components, so they may have something slated that I'm not aware of.
Old 09-29-2016, 02:12 PM
Staging Lane

Todd

Will the low mount AC compressor bracket work on the first gen camaro with the holley engine mount system??
Old 09-29-2016, 02:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by GonHuntin
Todd

Will the low mount AC compressor bracket work on the first gen camaro with the holley engine mount system??
I've not had the opportunity to validate the fitment on that application, but I suspect from experience that it will only be compatible at the truck offset position.
Old 09-29-2016, 02:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same question on a first gen Camaro with BRP mounts... Will the low mount a/c work? They set the motor up pretty high. The stock F-body bracket & compressor is very close to fitting.
Old 09-29-2016, 03:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by tracetrimble
Same question on a first gen Camaro with BRP mounts... Will the low mount a/c work? They set the motor up pretty high. The stock F-body bracket & compressor is very close to fitting.
I would guess it would be compatible installed at the truck offset for sure and possibly at the F-body offset as well since the bracket and Sanden compressor are both smaller than the stock F-body A/C components.
Old 09-29-2016, 03:23 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Toddoky
I've not had the opportunity to validate the fitment on that application, but I suspect from experience that it will only be compatible at the truck offset position.
Any chance you will be testing the fit??

Seems like I remember you mentioning in another thread that you thought a 4th gen f-body low mount compressor would fit in a first gen with the holley/hooker mounts if the crossmember was notched?? If that is true, do you think the same would apply with the new mount??

I plan to do my swap in the next month or so and sure would like to see this tested for a definitive answer. I already purchased the high mount bracket kit but would really prefer the low mounted compressor.
Old 09-29-2016, 03:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Any chance you will be testing the fit??

Seems like I remember you mentioning in another thread that you thought a 4th gen f-body low mount compressor would fit in a first gen with the holley/hooker mounts if the crossmember was notched?? If that is true, do you think the same would apply with the new mount??

I plan to do my swap in the next month or so and sure would like to see this tested for a definitive answer. I already purchased the high mount bracket kit but would really prefer the low mounted compressor.
There are no 1st-gen F-bodies that exist in our fleet of test vehicles at the moment, which means test fitting would require acquiring a vehicle and swapping the engine to be able to validate the fitment. I don't see that command coming to me from management, due to the monetary cost of such an exercise and the diversion it would create from existing on-going product development. When such test fitting takes place, in typically happens in combination with some other type of development work a particular vehicle is brought in for. I do possess an F-body compressor and bracket, so at the very least I can do a size comparison between them and the new Holley set-up to give you a report as to how they compare
size-wize. 1st-gens are inherently problematic for running a low-mount A/C without having to notch the subframe, unless you jack the engine height up.
Old 09-29-2016, 08:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

Can I get a measurement from the outer most point of the compressor to the centerline of the balancer? Or do you know off hand if it's 11 3/4" or less, since that's what the others seem to be. I'm looking for something tighter. Thanks.
Old 09-29-2016, 09:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ls1nova71
Can I get a measurement from the outer most point of the compressor to the centerline of the balancer? Or do you know off hand if it's 11 3/4" or less, since that's what the others seem to be. I'm looking for something tighter. Thanks.
I don't know any of the dimensional characteristics off-hand as the design of this project is not something I had involvement with. I'll take some measurements for you tomorrow.
Old 09-30-2016, 11:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 593 Likes on 471 Posts

TODDOKY,
I see ANOTHER front end accessary drive "homerun" from HOLLEY !

This is exactly what I was hoping for from HOLLEY. I'm glad you all decided to do this. I love the looks of gen4 f-body and Vette FEAD s.

We will see a flood of these swaps coming now someone developed a nice kit that addresses the p/s.

Last edited by Jimbo1367; 03-13-2017 at 02:21 AM.
Old 09-30-2016, 12:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Jimbo1367
TODDOKY,
I see ANOTHER front end accessary drive "homerun" from HOLLEY !

This is exactly what I was hoping for from HOLLEY. I'm glad you'll decided to do this. I love the looks of gen4 fbody and Bette FEAD s.

We will see a flood of these swaps coming now someone developed a nice kit that addresses the p/s.
Thanks Jimbo, the development of the low-mount alternator drive has been needed for sometime as the current Holley set-up is not ideally compatible with all of the LS swap applications we're making systems for. We're not done yet with accessory drives for the LS and we'll have something else to offer in addition to this one next year in the Spring. As far as the LT is concerned, we have a 302-2 type pan for them in process with another couple of designers at Holley and I'm 50% done with the design of a set of engine mounting brackets and long-tube headers for the 1st-gen F-body application. Other LT swap applications will fall in line behind that project.
Old 09-30-2016, 03:31 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Toddoky
There are no 1st-gen F-bodies that exist in our fleet of test vehicles at the moment, which means test fitting would require acquiring a vehicle and swapping the engine to be able to validate the fitment. I don't see that command coming to me from management, due to the monetary cost of such an exercise and the diversion it would create from existing on-going product development. When such test fitting takes place, in typically happens in combination with some other type of development work a particular vehicle is brought in for. I do possess an F-body compressor and bracket, so at the very least I can do a size comparison between them and the new Holley set-up to give you a report as to how they compare
size-wize. 1st-gens are inherently problematic for running a low-mount A/C without having to notch the subframe, unless you jack the engine height up.
Thanks for the answer Todd. I don't mind notching my subframe, in fact, I plan to notch the driver's side for 4 gen low mount alternator mount clearance.

Please do post a comparison between the 4th gen a/c bracket and compressor and the new Holley setup. Photos would help too.
Old 09-30-2016, 03:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Thanks for the answer Todd. I don't mind notching my subframe, in fact, I plan to notch the driver's side for 4 gen low mount alternator mount clearance.

Please do post a comparison between the 4th gen a/c bracket and compressor and the new Holley setup. Photos would help too.
I'll get to it sometime next week and will post photos with the results.
Old 09-30-2016, 08:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 465 Likes on 351 Posts

Needed a solution about 4 months ago -- came up with this. Needed to keep the accessories on mine as close to the motor as possible. Corvette crank pulley. Alan Groves low-A/C mount. Cadillac CTS-V power steering mount w/remote reservoir pump. ICT Billet low-mount alternator. Keeps everything as tight/low as possible. Good to know there's an integrated solution from Holley for others going forward.

Old 10-07-2016, 08:51 PM
Staging Lane

Hey Todd did you get a chance to take the measurements and maybe shoot some photos of the new parts??
Old 10-07-2016, 10:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Hey Todd did you get a chance to take the measurements and maybe shoot some photos of the new parts??
No, the opportunity did not present itself.
Old 10-09-2016, 07:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts

Any more info on that low mount AC bracket? Is is for sure only compatible with truck spacing?

Does the low mount alt on corvette spacing require clearancing of the block like other low mount kits?
Old 10-09-2016, 08:07 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 465 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by Pocket

Does the low mount alt on corvette spacing require clearancing of the block like other low mount kits?
Not sure who you're asking -- mine was all bolt on with no cutting/clearancing required. New LS3 crate and a Remy 145A alt for an Escalade.

Quick Reply: New Holley Accessory Drive Systems Coming Soon