Single Digit Club Running 9s or quicker? Damn!

old boring small block, 9.41

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 12:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by car_fixer
lol. after you get the 25.5 specs you will look at them and say wtf? i read it and decided to edit out the parts that werent relevant so i could flip back and forth easier, also made a few notes on the pages to point to the page with the pic they are talking about.
Hey i might have found a 4th gen camaro for 500 bucks with a blown head gasket...I am thinking there might be a use for that body..you know skinney tires and maybe a v-6 so i can be in and cool
Hell I have people trying to race me and telling me they are going to be 100 mph faster, with less tire, a smaller motor and everything else and the car hasn't even been built yet.

I tell you some people these days are plain and simple, stupid.

So you're stepping up to a 4th gen?? Are you going to run an LSX, you know if it isn't an LSX it's not going to go fast, and god for bid if you run anything other than stock suspension and a drag radial, then you won't be with the "trend" and you'll have an old school piece of junk like mine

When are you taking your car back to the track now that you have a working ignition system? LOL I bet it'll flip over backwards not that it actually gets spark.

My buddy had a bad connection on an ignition wire and picked up big time on the motor, he sprayed it with a 100 shot, then he found the bad connection and ran it on the motor and we couldn't even spray it since he was now going through the lights at 8,400 in top gear, his motor peaks at 8,200 so spraying it was pointless.

He wants to get rid of his car and build an f-body 4th gen camaro, I'm trying to talk him into keeping his motor (18* sbc) and running a big single turbo in it.

The other thing is it stalls to 6,200 on the brake on the motor, I can't imagine what it stalls to on the spray lol.
Old 05-24-2008, 11:15 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

maybe, i havet heard from the people to see if they still have it.
I dont know what engine i will use yet, but would most likely be an lsx , most likely have a pair of hair driers on it too. I might keep it street legal, run e85 drive it to the track, run some 8's and go home, maybe even turn the air on lol
Old 05-25-2008, 11:53 AM
TECH Addict

maybe, i havet heard from the people to see if they still have it.
I dont know what engine i will use yet, but would most likely be an lsx , most likely have a pair of hair driers on it too. I might keep it street legal, run e85 drive it to the track, run some 8's and go home, maybe even turn the air on lol
That sounds cool, turbo LSX is great, just remember you have to set me out like 15 cars because I'll have a heavy old school BBC and that big tire is going to slow me down a lot
Old 05-25-2008, 08:32 PM
TECH Addict

I saw some nice stuff today, I am going BBC single turbo, blow through
Old 05-25-2008, 10:27 PM
9 Second Club

hell ill set you out half a continent lol
Old 05-26-2008, 10:52 AM
TECH Addict

I don't know after I looked at the new mill I want to build I don't think I'll need much more than a 2 second head start, I want to be getting my time slip by the time you finish

twin 80's on a bbc
Old 05-28-2008, 06:09 PM
TECH Addict

When are you starting your turbo build.............
Old 05-28-2008, 10:50 PM
9 Second Club

not sure...decided to go ahead and change gears though, added back brace and parachute teather point. need to order the bearings and put er back together
Old 05-29-2008, 11:29 PM
TECH Addict

I got my 25.2 booklet today it doesn't say **** about the rear bars which pissed me off. 1/2 *** through together book for 35.00 bucks wtf.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:03 PM
9 Second Club

what part do you mean, the 25.5 book has a few choices on them.....

So changing gears was a mess, they dont just jump in there lol
Old 05-30-2008, 11:49 PM
TECH Addict

LOL I'll never changing gears I am running a 3.xx and when I need more mph I'll turn up the boost

In the 25.2 book it doesn't even show the rear frame or rear bar setups at all, not one single thing. I got it figured out though, got some help on yellowbullet.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:17 AM
9 Second Club

weird slower book gets info, fast guys should know wtf they are doing?

I had to jump through hoops to run a 3.90 gear, I have a drop in 12 bolt center for a nine inch, and it uses std. 12 car gears. strange, who makes the damn thing said a 3.90 gear should fit fine....the only gear sets are for a 3 series carrier, but i got this weird thing that is only set up to use 4 series gears. the difference is like 0.330 or something by the way. so after bolting it all together, one adjuster is bottomed out, and the other is barely in the case....so i take the gear off, start measuring a few things and said screw it its like 10:30 im going home on the way home (almost an hour drive) i think to myself....i dont know who else i would think to...what if i use the brake lathe at the shop to cut that spool.. checked it today at work fit on the spindle, so i mesure the run out in the housing its like 0.002 not bent more like a wave in the face of the spool, so i put it on the brake lathe, set up so i get the same run out. took a light cut off the face of the spool where the gear goes, working fine, wind up taking about 0.010 off there, then i needed the gear side bearing in about 0.250 so i proceded to cut that off the spool ( after making some modifications to the brake lathe while the boss wasnt looking ), then needed to shim the other carrier bearing out some so after about 6 hours i finally have a working center section, now to put it back in the car and see if those street strip gears will hold together lol
Old 06-02-2008, 01:00 AM
TECH Addict

They need to make a dana 60 drop out center section, stronger than the 9" gear, with less power loss, in a light weight housing that thing would be bad ***.

Today I worked on my buddys 72 nova with a 406 18* motor, I put travel limiters on the front, we wire tied the brake bolts, we adjusted the preload on the ladder bars and setup the length and adjusted the hight on the shocks, the one ladder bar was longer and it had a lot of preload, the car had a little rear steer so we will see how it helped going back to a good baseline setting also took out some pinion angle, it was at -4 we set it at - 2.5

Polished some rims, put a new sticker on the window for a guy who helps sponsor him Team Enterprises. So we'll be racing this friday saturday and sunday at fomoso, outside of bakersfield, ca
Old 06-03-2008, 09:04 PM
9 Second Club

hey your sig is getting funnier....
as long as he lets you drive the car it ok lol
they do make a 9.5 inch ring gear setup for the 9 inch, but getting gears is like impossible lol, the difference between the 12 bolt setup i have and a true 9, 3% thats all . if this setup grenades i will probably go to a true 9 inch center section
Old 06-04-2008, 05:14 PM
TECH Addict

hey your sig is getting funnier....
as long as he lets you drive the car it ok lol
they do make a 9.5 inch ring gear setup for the 9 inch, but getting gears is like impossible lol, the difference between the 12 bolt setup i have and a true 9, 3% thats all . if this setup grenades i will probably go to a true 9 inch center section
With you "Installing" the gears that won't take long

No one can or can't let me drive the car, it's my car!!! I'll take a new photo, btw the front stock end weights a lot I chopped it all off and let it just drop on the ground, after I removed the k-member of course lol.

Update photos or die, we're going to Famoso this weekend I'll take some photos of my buddy's car and hopefully my other friend's boss is going, he has a bad *** TT BBC 6 second car that gets with the program.

Here is a 6.79 vid, right lane.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QPL6BrL83cQ

Last edited by RAGENZ28; 06-04-2008 at 05:21 PM.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:07 PM
9 Second Club

i ment the other car you were working on besides your...duh
there is alot of history at famoso, i would love to run there..except it is a little far lol
Old 06-04-2008, 11:23 PM
TECH Addict

We go for the west coast hot rod events, my friend is sponsored by one of the west coast hot rod originators, he'd let me drive it but I'd feel too bad if it crashed or blew up, so I'll let him.

It would go faster with me. We scaled the car tonight and it's 2945 pounds with him in it. He is a BIG guy 326 pounds. The car came in at 2614 52/48.

Check this out, a little secret go fast stuff, this blower is next to a 98mm turbo.
Attached Thumbnails old boring small block, 9.41-p1000508.jpg  
Old 06-05-2008, 09:09 PM
9 Second Club

love the sig. i could use that turbo too.....
must be nice to have a sponsor lol
Old 06-05-2008, 10:28 PM
TECH Addict

love the sig. i could use that turbo too.....
must be nice to have a sponsor lol
That's a 98mm, the other one is my buddys 136mm blower. I am going twin 80's because I'm a sissy Who knows I may buy his old blower if the price is right, he's gone 8.30's in a car that's at least 700 pounds more than mine will weigh.

Just about ready to start my cage, from what you can see it is going to be a full tube frame lol.
Attached Thumbnails old boring small block, 9.41-p1000514.jpg  
Old 06-06-2008, 11:30 PM
9 Second Club

well, that makes it easier than building a ship in a bottle lol.
a 98 will do more than what i need, i just need about 10 psi, i would like to use smaller twins so it will spool easier

Went to the track , got through 4 rounds, and every body was saying look out for that green mustang, so i asked what is it...every body said he is spraying 300 hp, and it runs 5.30 all day, so i got him for the 4th round, i think there were 4 cars left. I turned up the nitrous all the way dropped the tires to about 8 psi .....with his gauge lol..he got me by about a car.....but the rear stayed together, not good at all for 1/8 like i was running.

Quick Reply: old boring small block, 9.41