Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Street Racing Police Sting!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 10:48 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Woot headed to the auction!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 11-25-2008, 01:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by z2fast8
guys quit bitching street racing is illegal PERIOD. yea i've done it but if i get cought i cant complain. the law is the law.
so do you agree with every law in the books? so let people vent man
Old 11-25-2008, 03:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by z2fast8
guys quit bitching street racing is illegal PERIOD. yea i've done it but if i get cought i cant complain. the law is the law.
STFU

Let some ************ try to take my ****... Try to catch me... I got one finger in the air for ya...
Old 11-25-2008, 07:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by TT90Coupe
STFU

Let some ************ try to take my ****... Try to catch me... I got one finger in the air for ya...
worse they make the crime the worse people are gonna run.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:14 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is not Russia, **** those cops, dont think street racing is a good idea but thats crossing the line, take me to jail, put me on probation put destroyingpersonal property is just too much.....its like if i started smoking crack in my house and they gave me a ticket and cruched my house for smoking in it......cops need to **** off and make a track available for enthusiast, but nobody wants to make more tracks because of the noise they make.....they did the same thing in san diego california too.....
Old 11-25-2008, 07:24 PM
TECH Junkie

http://www.norfolk.com/2006/03/state...racing-norfolk

Looks familiar.... happened in Norfolk Va in 2006....Some of the people who were charged and had their cars impounded got let off when they went to court though.. Crazy thing was the only reason I wasnt there was because of a fluke and I just randomly decided I was tired and wanted to stay home..

I wonder who owned the GTO that got impounded..?
Old 11-25-2008, 07:47 PM
Teching In

dude, that fat cop tried racing me yesterday in his cruiser.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:09 AM
Teching In

Damn, that sucks ***** to hear... honestly, I think they prove very little, it just makes people involved even less respectful of the law. I've been arrested for speeding, and as soon as I got out, I wanted to speed even more out of spite...
Old 11-26-2008, 09:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no one ever answer the guys question as to what happens if you are just there watching the races?
Old 11-26-2008, 02:25 PM
TECH Regular

easy dont get caught ! keep your self in a place to run your ball's off. you got that right bro, take my **** if you can catch me . i take my tag off before i go do stupid **** and ride with a bill of sale. so if i get pulled over between where i am and where i am going i'm good. god forbid they give it a try when i'm on my bike cause i can outrun the radio and the bird. keep your smarts and be safe !!!!!!!
Old 11-26-2008, 02:30 PM
TECH Regular

if anyone hears when they are going to sell the cars let me know. id like to have the blazerss gto and cobra . bring them back and race whoever wants to give them a shot.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:05 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Zak Attack
Woot headed to the auction!!!!!!!!!!!1
X1...Fastest Eaton Cobra+Cobra's recent drop in price+cops who dont know that much about fast cars=Fast '04 Cobra for $10,000

Seriously thou. EVERYONE knows street racing is against the law. You do it and get caught there is a huge chance you will be puninshed. You all need to stop bitching about it. BTW I street race all the time (search the threads I've started if you dnt beleave me) but I know if I get caught there is a chance of me getting arrested and my car getting impounded.

A few months ago LA state troopers busted up our spot (where local cops didnt care if we raced) and they set up a road block and gave out 71 street racing tickets. I happen to ride with a friend out there who happened to get a flat as soon as we got there so we changed it then left, cops showed up 10 minutes later.

Last edited by R W B; 11-26-2008 at 03:12 PM.
Old 11-26-2008, 07:55 PM
Launching!

First off as far as the cobra......These cops DO know what they are talking about. They bring in mechanics to go through all the cars to discover what parts are stock and what arent. As of right now they told the guy with the cobra if he wanted it back he could give them like 60GRRRRRRR and he could have it...ummmmmm *** THAT....

As far as the i will just run...Well this wasnt just cops pulling people over. It was a 2 month operation. They didnt pull over anyone...They had under cover officers come to where everyone hangs out, they have confidential informants, they set up video cameras on all of the popular race spots and just waited for the information to compile. They then approached the Judge, showed the evidence, and got warrents for all of the cars that they had visual proof of racing. They ran the tags, and either showed up at the peoples house, or called them and said what was up. From all of the angles it looks to be a pretty well done operation on behalf of the police.

Im hopeful that my buddy with the cobra can get his car back because his car is a full street car, he drives it around legal. But when he goes to the track he throws in the bottle, takes off the cats, throws on the slicks, and busts ***. We are talking about a car that runs 10.08 on a stock car with a ported blower, IRS, and spray.....dude can drive his tail off. But he has tons of proof to show his LEGAL racing history with the car.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by the_merv
When I used to go out and race, the cops would just show up, break us all up, and we would go to a different spot. None of them really gave any tickets.

I guess we had it good where we were at.
Gotta love fourche
Old 11-27-2008, 08:59 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 98legendws6
Im not sure how many of you on here might be from North Carolina. But just so everyone knows the NC highway patrol is having a field day busting street racers.......In the High Point, NC area they impounded 31 cars this weekend. They have been gathering evedence for months with tons of video and undercover officers...The fastest Eaton Blower Cobra in the country is one of the cars that got taken...Just wanted to warn everyone...
Who has the fastest Eaton Cobra now and what does it run in the 1/4? I know back in the day Jon Thomas had the fastest at 10.07 but thats probably nothing now.
Old 11-27-2008, 10:21 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 98legendws6
First off as far as the cobra......These cops DO know what they are talking about. They bring in mechanics to go through all the cars to discover what parts are stock and what arent.
What the **** ever. I doubt most mechanics would have any idea what they were looking at, aside from basic bolt-ons. Unless they got Brian Spilner working as the undercover.
Old 11-27-2008, 11:54 AM
Launching!

Unfuckin believable! Total B.s here, confiscating cars and arresting people for street racing in the middle of a recession. This is what tax payers are wanting the law enforcement to do with our dollars instead of focusing on REAL crime and dui's. If you are some pediphile or drunk you get a slap on the wrist and maybe a temporary impound, but go street rrace you get the book thrown at you and your personal property taken, God bless America. I'm sorry for you East coasters but I would NEVER live near that crap and for the record I use to work at Juvenile hall in California as a corrections officer (not a cop) but some of the stuff I've seen in law enforcement is unreal and this is why so many people are defiant of the law. end rant/
Old 11-27-2008, 12:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by the_merv
When I used to go out and race, the cops would just show up, break us all up, and we would go to a different spot. None of them really gave any tickets.

I guess we had it good where we were at.
The cops at my undisclosed location tell us to take it out to the country. As long as we stay outta town they focus on the real problems. Drug dealers, crackheads, drunk drivers!!
Old 11-27-2008, 10:54 PM
TECH Regular

i live in a small town we still run like hell when we see a cop. we also dont hang out in parking lot's looking for race's . we set them up then do the damn thing and leave.
Old 11-28-2008, 10:11 AM
Staging Lane

thats bs. they did the same thing here about 2 years ago. had the video camera yada yada...they had me from what they said...but i took it to court with a lawyer because they couldnt prove it was me driving, or that it was actually my car the went past the finish line..so i just got the same slap on the wrist as everyone else...

Quick Reply: Street Racing Police Sting!!!!!!