Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Let's get back to the new orleans greasy talk!! 101

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 07:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lilicedout24
ok a what about dart 225 heads that brick has? i thought you don't run those heads on a stock bottom end car??? with that big of a head that leaves room for one to believe that either compression has been lowered with the oversized head for a nos application or a larger bottom end.
You can run dart 225 on any LS motor. You just can't run alot of lift. I had a set on my last car and it worked fine.
And on a big motor u will have to do alot of work to make them flow enoff to feed cubes
You can run the darts on any LS motor, jut can't go with a cam over 625 lift unless u cut thedarts.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:04 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1fastxz
You can run dart 225 on any LS motor. You just can't run alot of lift. I had a set on my last car and it worked fine.
And on a big motor u will have to do alot of work to make them flow enoff to feed cubes
You can run the darts on any LS motor, jut can't go with a cam over 625 lift unless u cut thedarts.
yeah thats right he got the heads from you so you would know.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yep I would being that I was a tech for GM and use to build LS1 motors back in the day....
Old 02-09-2009, 09:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok a what about dart 225 heads that brick has? i thought you don't run those heads on a stock bottom end car??? with that big of a head that leaves room for one to believe that either compression has been lowered with the oversized head for a nos application or a larger bottom end.
Im not saying anything about what brick has on his car. You can but it is best not to for a street aplication. Your camshaft also has alot to do with it as well. Pete i know you like the big bump sticks so you know what heads id tell you to put on. You have seen my car run so it should speak for itself. You wana get down to it come see us we will hook you up with a good deal on heads.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:36 PM
10 Second Club

Yep I would being that I was a tech for GM and use to build LS1 motors back in the day....
gotta be nick
Old 02-09-2009, 10:29 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ls1pwrdss
Im not saying anything about what brick has on his car. You can but it is best not to for a street aplication. Your camshaft also has alot to do with it as well. Pete i know you like the big bump sticks so you know what heads id tell you to put on. You have seen my car run so it should speak for itself. You wana get down to it come see us we will hook you up with a good deal on heads.
well i have etp 215 in stock right now. i have nothing hide anymore. i have 1 foot out the race game at the moment,but i was really happy with my set up i just need a ls1 short block.Now on the other hand i no longer have a moser or a nitrious kit.
To be honest i had more fun driving kenny car raceing for free then i ever had raceing for money.if i don't find a cheap short block by friday ill just pay harrahan to fix mine.
So i won't be as fast as i was,but i am now going six speed and have fun.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

yeah thats right he got the heads from you so you would know.
you would have to ask brick were he got his parts, I sold my heads a long time ago
Old 02-10-2009, 01:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ls1pwrdss
gotta be nick
Yea its me
been out the game for a minute, but i back now having a little fun
So i hear you car is a little quick?
Old 02-10-2009, 07:55 AM
11 Second Club

you would have to ask brick were he got his parts, I sold my heads a long time ago
nah its ok, he told he got them from you. im not cleo lol.just like you picked up nitrious parts from him lol i could care less about your set up or his.
im thinking bout getting back out here.ill just wait and see how this month plays out.my ms4 sale didn't go threw so i still have heads and cam just need juice intake and a short block anyone have one laying around pm me no matter what size....
Old 02-10-2009, 07:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

Nick, u ain't never out of the game, it's in ya for life.....kinda like the 1st time u heard a 4L60 chirp 3rd
Old 02-10-2009, 09:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JUNK
Nick, u ain't never out of the game, it's in ya for life.....kinda like the 1st time u heard a 4L60 chirp 3rd
you right, i meant just getting back to playing with a car
Old 02-10-2009, 09:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

nah its ok, he told he got them from you. im not cleo lol.just like you picked up nitrious parts from him lol i could care less about your set up or his.
im thinking bout getting back out here.ill just wait and see how this month plays out.my ms4 sale didn't go threw so i still have heads and cam just need juice intake and a short block anyone have one laying around pm me no matter what size....
i looked at a kit brick was selling, but didnt buy it.
So when you going to put that car back together so i can get that motor race?
Old 02-10-2009, 02:48 PM
TECH Regular

does anyone have a timing tuner for sale..willing to buy!!!
Old 02-10-2009, 04:39 PM
TECH Regular

i looked at a kit brick was selling, but didnt buy it.
So when you going to put that car back together so i can get that motor race?
this pete im on kenny labtop. give a few weeks im looking into a vette at the moment ill be back out to play soon. but you will need to get you some juice. i rather get beat with all i got then half stepping. and that keeps people from starting mess after race. no more flag man for me either ill race off the lights now different set of rules. hey ill try you in kenny car give me 2 and the hit soon as it dry up.and we all know im not a good shifter
Old 02-10-2009, 08:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

the thing that is funny to me. for some reson if no one can bet me on the motor. why do you think you can bet me on the spray? do you really think my car will slow down on the spray? sorry to let everyone but SPRAYING A 150-200 SHOT ON A CAR WILL WORK THE SAME ON EVERY CAR IF YOU HAVE IT SET UP RIGHT.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:45 PM
TECH Regular

Talking

the thing that is funny to me. for some reson if no one can bet me on the motor. why do you think you can bet me on the spray? do you really think my car will slow down on the spray? sorry to let everyone but SPRAYING A 150-200 SHOT ON A CAR WILL WORK THE SAME ON EVERY CAR IF YOU HAVE IT SET UP RIGHT.
(this pete)i would like to agree with that statement,but i can't i have seen some people put a 150 on there cars and it worked like a 50 shot cough cough not saying any names. i know you can switch your tuning at the blink of an eye and thats a good thing. raceing you would have put me to my limits as a challenge to myself. reason i said would have because my motor is shot at the moment but i am in progress of getting it fixed. when i do feel like i can stick these gears you won't have toask me to race ill be asking you!!
Old 02-10-2009, 09:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

well being that I have been in the race game for sometime, and was one of the first people in the state to have a camro to run in the 10.6x back in 2000-2003
with a lot of spray back then. ON A STOCK MOTOR
So if you think you can build a car on spary better then me, i would really like to see that.
I ran more spray on a stock motor then anyone around or in the country for some time.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:15 PM
10 Second Club

Yea its me
been out the game for a minute, but i back now having a little fun
So i hear you car is a little quick?
Yeah its a little quick its not the blue ss thats for damm sure
Old 02-10-2009, 10:25 PM
11 Second Club

Talking

well being that I have been in the race game for sometime, and was one of the first people in the state to have a camro to run in the 10.6x back in 2000-2003
with a lot of spray back then. ON A STOCK MOTOR
So if you think you can build a car on spary better then me, i would really like to see that.
I ran more spray on a stock motor then anyone around or in the country for some time.
its kool we all know you not a rookie at this. just don't count me out just so fast. i can't build them or even talk technical with you. You might just be the moto i need to get off my *** and start raceing again. i have got a few emails and pms on short blocks so i can get back out here. ill think i'll just put my Ms4 to the side and come out with a serious all motor set up max effort and still have a stock bottom end with out the arp bolts etc... and full susp.
and see what i can do. i see everyones on the motor cough cough so can't beat em join em
Old 02-10-2009, 11:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

i see everyones on the motor cough cough so can't beat em join em
you sure like to cough alot. who you think is not on the motor? or u just think a motor car cant be fast?
theres a lot of people that seem to believe you can install a nitrous under a
LSx intake that can't be seen. just to let you and a lot of disbelievers learn something about these motors.
There isen't room to plumb a wet kit that will distribute fuel and nitrous under the intake because of the vally cover thats under the intake. If you know how a dry kit works, you need the nitrous to pass through the Mass Air Flow Meter to bump up fuel to the motor.
theres only a few ways you can fun a wet kit. All are easy to find.