Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Northwest Alabama

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 01:44 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Me and slowbird can hook you up on the install
Old 12-15-2011, 05:50 PM
Teching In

There are some pics of my car in my profile under albums if anyone wants to see it.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by charlie97z28
The trans in mine is still a 119,000 mile original
We had the problems with slowbirds so far knock on wood mines ok be my luck now that I said it the thing will prolly grenade next time I hit it lol
well hell,you got to keep reminding slowbird its a auto hes out there doin 6k neutral drops so he can get his car to spin
na i dont how yal had so much bad luck with billys builds.id never take a trans to any one else,my brother has had his landers 700r4 in his 388 stoker with 200 shot for like7 years and its still take a ****** beating and never gave a problem.

what ever happend to shaks 2000hp mustang street car?is like bigfoot,people talk about it but its never been seen
Old 12-19-2011, 10:32 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Location?

Charlie where is your and slobirds shop at? I may have a little work as well, if I cant get a little time to work on mine.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:02 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 30th6
well hell,you got to keep reminding slowbird its a auto hes out there doin 6k neutral drops so he can get his car to spin
na i dont how yal had so much bad luck with billys builds.id never take a trans to any one else,my brother has had his landers 700r4 in his 388 stoker with 200 shot for like7 years and its still take a ****** beating and never gave a problem.

what ever happend to shaks 2000hp mustang street car?is like bigfoot,people talk about it but its never been seen
I don't know about big foot but I've seen the car and put a windshield in it. I'm still not sure where the groceries go in it but I guess u could take it to wallmart
Old 12-20-2011, 09:11 PM
On The Tree

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by Bama99z
Charlie where is your and slobirds shop at? I may have a little work as well, if I cant get a little time to work on mine.
I'm workin on moving into my new shop tll prolly be after the first of the year before I get moved in but it ain't a speed shop or anything jus my on personal shop jus thought as much as I'm working and building on my on stuff help some people out
With there stuff they can't or don't want to do thereselves and make a little money on the side to fund my trans am build
Old 12-22-2011, 09:29 AM
Teching In

I have always had good luck with Billys trannys. I wouldn't let anyone else build mine either. He has never built me a 4l60e but he has built me several 350 turbos and 700 r4. He will be freshening up the 4l60e that going in the 69 camaro with the ls1. Maybe you just had bad luck. Trust me it happens to us all. Seems like you have had the same luck on trannys as I am having with these damn turbos on my camaro lol
Old 12-23-2011, 05:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

All this billy landers love in here for some reason. My cousin freddy builds the transmissions that go in Steve Stacks monte carlo racecar. It's went 6.0's at Huntsville before on an M and H drag radial. Woulda went faster with an LS1 but he's not into fuel injection.

Heard there was some racin at 62 last weekend????? Yall's cellphones don't work no more??? Lost my number???.......Or did the miss. mafia clean house and yall are scared to say what really happened???
Old 12-24-2011, 04:50 PM
On The Tree

I got a call but didn't go out there
Old 12-24-2011, 05:00 PM
On The Tree

I got a call but didn't go out there
Old 12-28-2011, 02:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

who all raced? i lost my phone so i lost all yals number pm me your number so i can call and talk ****.lol
Old 12-31-2011, 06:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

well i didnt make it to summertown,i was about to load it up on the trailor yesterday,i was out in my feild making the last few adjustments and i was off camber on a hill and was pulling the lf tire up a tree.i gave it a little gas and the ******* throttle hungi push the brakes through the dam floor but it was in 4 low and of course it pulled through the brakes.so i flipped it twice,scared the **** out of me because i didnt have any controll over what was happening.luckly i just buckeled the seat belt and my exo cage held up.it didnt hurt the body but bent the hell out of the rear shackels,pulled the autozone shitty motor mounts apart so the belt hit the ps pumpand chewed it all to hell.i was gonna fix it and still go but no one has a belt till tommarow
.i def need some 5 point harnesses im sore as hell today and all beat up from smacking the role bars.pretty bumbed ive been workin on this thing for like 6 months and been stayin up to like 2 am all week and didnt make the ride.
on the upside my duel fuel propane kit showed up today...
Old 01-02-2012, 07:05 PM
Teching In

Yada yada yada......
Old 01-02-2012, 08:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well i didnt make it to summertown,i was about to load it up on the trailor yesterday,i was out in my feild making the last few adjustments and i was off camber on a hill and was pulling the lf tire up a tree.i gave it a little gas and the ******* throttle hungi push the brakes through the dam floor but it was in 4 low and of course it pulled through the brakes.so i flipped it twice,scared the **** out of me because i didnt have any controll over what was happening.luckly i just buckeled the seat belt and my exo cage held up.it didnt hurt the body but bent the hell out of the rear shackels,pulled the autozone shitty motor mounts apart so the belt hit the ps pumpand chewed it all to hell.i was gonna fix it and still go but no one has a belt till tommarow
.i def need some 5 point harnesses im sore as hell today and all beat up from smacking the role bars.pretty bumbed ive been workin on this thing for like 6 months and been stayin up to like 2 am all week and didnt make the ride.
on the upside my duel fuel propane kit showed up today...
While its not funny you hurt your rig, i do find it funny picturing you freakin out when you realize your world is about to get flipped upside down. Hahahaha did you holler and scream or did you not have time?
Old 01-02-2012, 09:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 6SSPEED
While its not funny you hurt your rig, i do find it funny picturing you freakin out when you realize your world is about to get flipped upside down. Hahahaha did you holler and scream or did you not have time?
na turtle (justin moore) was out there and said all he heard was the motor rev and all the chains coming out of the back.i didnt realy have time to scream i said o **** and put a deathgrip on the stearing wheel.i figured out why the throttle hung when i flex the body doesent move and the fram does a little and it pulls the throttle cable away from the throlle bracket,the cable pulled all the way out of the throttle bracket and hung the gas about 1/4 throttle.it was a violent flip it sent me into a barrel role off a pretty steep hill.
i start my new job in the morning ,i hope i like it better than that shithole i was workin at.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i start my new job in the morning ,i hope i like it better than that shithole i was workin at.
You quit Service Master??? Where you workin at now?
Old 01-03-2012, 04:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

petus,im work in the tool room.so far its good i have my own office and once i get trained there wont be anybody breathing down my neck.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:15 PM
Teching In

First off Jared it is Shane Stacks and he runs in the 4's on radials lol I am looking for a FAST fuel injection system for my car or Holley. If anyone runs across harnesses, tb, injectors and such let me know. I am tired of dealing with this carb stuff. I can change intake to fit sbc.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

i put the duel fuel propane on tonight,works awsome,now when i flip it again it wont go dead
Old 01-11-2012, 03:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i put the duel fuel propane on tonight,works awsome,now when i flip it again it wont go dead
Why not just ls1 swap it then spray it. WOOOOOOOPAAAAAAA

Quick Reply: Northwest Alabama