Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

central and north alabama

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 08:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 91redchevy
I'm gonna try to make it. Most of y'all dont know me but Gib does. I'm from Oneonta too
and I've got a silver 04 GTO. Wouldn't mind hangin with some f-bods.

hey man whats up! So just everyone one knows friday night suppose to be a big race for me. Im racing a 01 Mustang GT with a built motor and a Kenny B. Supercharger boosting 11 pds. It should be a close run. The guy who owns the car is a smartass and claims he has $15,000 in the motor. So im taking mine up there to give it hell even if i brake something it will be worth it!

I sure would like to get up another get together sometime. anyone else interested in it.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:55 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 91redchevy
I'm gonna try to make it. Most of y'all dont know me but Gib does. I'm from Oneonta too
and I've got a silver 04 GTO. Wouldn't mind hangin with some f-bods.
I'm sure I've seen your car around town before, you have exhaust on it? I've seen one silver one in town and I think it had flowmaster exhaust or something on it.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:42 PM
On The Tree

Sweet, I'd like to see you spank some rustang butt. I hope I can better my 13.73@102.
Yeah I did a muffler delete on it.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Bust that Moooootangs butt!!! Yeah I would be interested in getting together again.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:01 AM
10 Second Club

cool by the way i put it to 125 shot and got some MT ET streets. Finally got the kinks worked out of the nitrous last night. Its running better than ever.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by firefightergib
cool by the way i put it to 125 shot and got some MT ET streets. Finally got the kinks worked out of the nitrous last night. Its running better than ever.
You're gonna have an empty bottle by Friday night if you keep spraying it Can't wait for Friday...I've been wanting to see someone outrun this GT for a long time. I'll probably get mine out there and run it, maybe I can launch it a little better than I was (2.4 60 ft's = ) These street tires suck.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I may try and make it.... Ive about got all my issues fixed. I dont really like racing on friday nights though due to the lack of track preperation.

If its the same mustang Im thinking about a buddy of mine only lost to him all motor by a car length and all he had was hearders, lid, gears and thats it. So on the bottle if you can sling some gears and get a good jump on him out of the hole you should take him. Those things are slow as pond water out of the hole, He'll have to run you down...

BTW- the one Im thinking about is white, built motor, blower, body kit, loud as hell.. Not sure where he lives though.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:36 PM
9 Second Club

Fixing problems is a pain in the but... good luck on the ticking hand granade rearend
Old 09-28-2006, 05:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Z'mnypit
I may try and make it.... Ive about got all my issues fixed. I dont really like racing on friday nights though due to the lack of track preperation.

If its the same mustang Im thinking about a buddy of mine only lost to him all motor by a car length and all he had was hearders, lid, gears and thats it. So on the bottle if you can sling some gears and get a good jump on him out of the hole you should take him. Those things are slow as pond water out of the hole, He'll have to run you down...

BTW- the one Im thinking about is white, built motor, blower, body kit, loud as hell.. Not sure where he lives though.

It's got all that except for maybe the body kit. I know its got a cowl hood on it. It use to be loud as hell, but I think he put a quieter exhaust on it. I've heard so much bullshit about this car, but he never would take it to the track. I'm anxious to see what this "built" mustang can do. firefightergib and I went in together and bought a set of cut-outs...I'm almost willing to say it sounds like Borla---- pointed straight at the ground It's actually not as loud outside of the car as I thought it would be, but the drone is terrible on the inside.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:03 PM
Teching In

You guys really need to check out the Friday night Street race October 6th at www.baileytondragstrip.com

Vance
Old 09-30-2006, 01:23 AM
10 Second Club

just a update from tonights big race against the kenny bell mustang: The mustang had a fully built motor, a cobra 6 speed trans, high dollar rear end and 4: 10's, Kenny Bell supercharger boosting 14 pds., i predicted he had $15,000 and he said more than that more like $18,000. Out of all this money, labor, and time this piece didnt run but a 13.45 with a better driver than him driving, himself he didnt go but a 14.0. To say the least he got pissed off and said he car was running wrong and i cheated because he thought i had a 100 shot but i really had a 125 so he did not pay up (DUMBASS MUSTANG PEOPLE). My car done alright wasnt anything special i launched at 2500 and it bogged coming out of the whole because i was using et drags. It ran a 12.44 at 114. So to sum it up i beat his car with a good driver by a full second with only about $800 invested in upgrades. Not to bad of an outcome even though i didnt get paid.

PIMP SLAP MUSTANGS!!!!
Old 09-30-2006, 01:43 AM
On The Tree

just a update from tonights big race against the kenny bell mustang: The mustang had a fully built motor, a cobra 6 speed trans, high dollar rear end and 4: 10's, Kenny Bell supercharger boosting 14 pds., i predicted he had $15,000 and he said more than that more like $18,000. Out of all this money, labor, and time this piece didnt run but a 13.45 with a better driver than him driving, himself he didnt go but a 14.0. To say the least he got pissed off and said he car was running wrong and i cheated because he thought i had a 100 shot but i really had a 125 so he did not pay up (DUMBASS MUSTANG PEOPLE). My car done alright wasnt anything special i launched at 2500 and it bogged coming out of the whole because i was using et drags. It ran a 12.44 at 114. So to sum it up i beat his car with a good driver by a full second with only about $800 invested in upgrades. Not to bad of an outcome even though i didnt get paid.

PIMP SLAP MUSTANGS!!!!
And what's sad is that my stock trans-am went a 13.8 spinning tonight which outruns his time with him driving. Had a great time, but it sucked when one of the lanes got screwed up. I wish we had that race on video Vann, you would have LOVED to have seen this. You should have come down and got a good laugh too.
Old 09-30-2006, 01:45 AM
9 Second Club

i got a cresent wrench for people that dont pay
Old 10-01-2006, 12:37 AM
10 Second Club

PIMP SLAP MUSTANGS!!!!
Dude thats awesome. I talked to John today and he told me. Congrats! With a little weight reduction, more rpm out of the hole and you could run a 11.90! Glad you got your issues straightend out. Was you able to do a good burnout with those et drags? Maybe time to invest in "line lock". YOu should have busted his *** all motor!

Im still willing to bet you only ran that time because of that "tune" JK with ya...

Later!
Old 10-01-2006, 10:50 AM
On The Tree

I couldn't believe how sorry his stang was running with what he had done. It was great
seeing you hand it to him. The best I could muster was a 13.80 spinning bad. I think it
was a combination of track prep and I really need some stickier tires to get mine to the
ground. Maybe I can get my 13.50 before too long. See you guys later.
Old 10-01-2006, 11:35 AM
10 Second Club

Well all need to plan to go up there one sunday. ITs alot better/less crowded
Old 10-01-2006, 12:53 PM
10 Second Club

Well all need to plan to go up there one sunday. ITs alot better/less crowded
Hey Vann im interested in going to the dyno this week to see if we can mustard out a little more power. I was going to check to see if you would mined going and what day would be good for you.
Old 10-01-2006, 02:08 PM
9 Second Club

Hey I would be game to do that and see if i can put down 400 HP lol
Old 10-01-2006, 07:19 PM
10 Second Club

Hey Vann im interested in going to the dyno this week to see if we can mustard out a little more power. I was going to check to see if you would mined going and what day would be good for you.
Well this week Im working hueytown everday after I get off work, then one day this week Im suppose to sign the papers on my house so this week is kinda hectic for me. Maybe net week would be better.
Old 10-01-2006, 08:02 PM
10 Second Club

Well this week Im working hueytown everday after I get off work, then one day this week Im suppose to sign the papers on my house so this week is kinda hectic for me. Maybe net week would be better.
ok that will work. just let me know when you want to and ill call and get a time to go. Thanks man i appreciate it. The mustang says he wants to run me again in a couple of weeks because it wasnt "running right" the other day. So im going to try to get gears and put subframe connectors on it so it doesnt twist. Do you still have those 3.73's. You want to trade or do anythign with'em. thanks. Later. Josh

Quick Reply: central and north alabama