Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

American Pit Bulls (BLUE)

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 07:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1999ws6
Cool dogs! I have had 3 total and I currently have a brindle AmStaff. I think it's funny though that eveyone has their own spin on them like blues, reds, gatormouth, gotti etc... I mean if you take 2 blue dogs they will have blue puppies that does not mean that they will be any better than 2 browns. AKC and UKC papers which are the only papers that matter will not say anything about a gatormouth, gotti, blah blah... just that they are pure bread. For instance my brindle male has a 24'' round head so i could claim thet he is somthing extra.
Not really following you on the Gotti thing. My papers on my female say Gotti in it! I know Gotti is just a spin off of Grey Line, but alot of people that breed them know who Juan Gotti is. So, they see she a decendiant(spelling not sure!) of him and they know it is good breed. But, only thing that i have noticed differ about the colors is Blue's bring alittle more money to the table. Unless you have a real famous dog(like Juan Gotti) you will get more for a red or whatever. Not trying to undermind you or anything just alittle curious where your comming from. And thanks for the comment!!!!

P.S. PUPPIES ARE HERE!!!!!!
Old 12-06-2006, 08:25 PM
Staging Lane

You are correct the blues do bring more money nowadays for some reason, back in the late 90's everyone wanted a solid white pit. I myself have never been caught up in the colors of them. A good dog is a good dog no matter the color. If I knew how to attach pics I would show you some pics of my 2 that I have currently.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:19 AM
Staging Lane

00whiteta - On the papers all you can see who the mother and father are but that's it from what I have ever seen. All I'm saying is what the guy above me said. A good pit is a good pit no matter what the color. Colors are just a preference and go in fads. It would be like saying red LS1's are faster than blue LS1's. Most pits I see are not even close to being in breed standards. I prefer to get mine from a show dog line where they have champion blood lines that can be proven. I know these dogs may not be the most "game" but in the end a pit is a pit and they all have great potential.
Old 12-07-2006, 03:15 PM
Staging Lane

Actually 1999ws6 you can send in and get a 7 generation pedigree of your dog from adba for like 60 bucks if you want it. for example here is a ped of my male just to the 3rd generation.

Pedigree: Poston's Winston

Sire: Loposay's Abraham
Dam: Jones' Rage

Grandsireuckworth's Giroux
Granddam:Loposay's Olivia

Grandsire:Loposay's Jacob
Granddam:Jones' Lexsie

GreatGrandsire:Hopkin's Harley
GreatGranddam. Jones' Damage INC

GreatGrandsire:Loposay's Bandit (1xw)
GreatGranddam:B.P.'s Little Bit

GreatGrandsire:Walls & Loposay's Zeke (2xw)
GreatGranddam:Morris' Moonshine

GreatGrandsire:Loposay's Triggerman (1xw)
GreatGranddam:Loposay's Maggie

Last edited by SSinNC; 12-07-2006 at 03:34 PM.
Old 12-07-2006, 04:09 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah I knew that, I'm talking about it not saying all the slang like gatormouth, big bone and all that crap.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:05 PM
On The Tree

Yeah it does my dogs a Purple Ribbon breed. Meaning you can go back 7 generations. My female ped. shows all Grey Line and Gotti. She is like 90% Grey Line and 10% Gotti. My male is like 70% Razoredge and alittle bit of other stuff. You must be talking about just a regular reg. dog. Now, I have the Birth certificate(I guess you can call it) that only shows the parents of my dogs. Which that must be what your talking about. But, if you wasn't trying to breed them and you wanted to reg. them, you can just get that piece of paper your talking about. Your right a pit is a pit. But, when your trying to breed them and make money might as well go with what you can make the most on. That is why i went with Blue's.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:09 PM
On The Tree

SSinNC my best friend has a solid white female and she is a very very pretty dog. He messed up and got her fixed though. He didn't ever think he would breed her.

Jimmy
Old 12-07-2006, 10:12 PM
Staging Lane

beautiful dogs i honestly have hardly seen a mean one my friends got one and its the sweetest dog in the world
Old 12-08-2006, 09:15 AM
Staging Lane

Not trying to be a d--k and I am really enjoying this converstation but if you look up breed standards on an APBT or AmStaff(the show version of a pit) they can not be more than 40% white this is a fact not here say. What you keep refering to is a pedigree were you can look up the family history and people who breed say grey over and over will eventually get an inbreed dog. I understand that Grey is the new Red which was Brindle which was the White and you breed what is the most disirable at the time to make the most money.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:09 AM
12 Second Club

Personally, I think an untrained dog has the potential, but not necessarily, to be more dangerous than a trained dog (not dog-fight trained, but obedience/schutzen) due to the lack of control, everyone should train their dog in obedience at least.

But the problem is, not only does the dog have to be properly trained, it needs a good handler, because if placed in the wrong hands, then it can be dangerous. My dog's line are all Schutzen Lvl 3 trained (high level obedience/tracking/attack), and they were the nicests dogs I've ever seen, and I was never in fear being around them, but also because the owners have been long time trainers/breeders of German-Bloodline Shepherds.

The problem we have with Pits nowadays is that we have the wrong people getting their hands on dogs that have an awesome potential. Pits are great dogs, and very protective, but we often see them in the hands of those who don't want to lovingly raise a great dog, but instead to use it as a weapon...

This is a great eye-opener for those who fall for the Pit Bull stereotype. People blame the dogs, when for the vast majority, the owners should be the ones at fault, and I wish the owners of some of the dogs shown here were euthanized:
http://gprime.net/flash.php/thepitbullproblem

00WHITETA - Beautiful dogs, you have a great line there! Post pics of the pups once you have them

BTW... I wrote this while reading the initial posts of the thread, just now saw the 2nd page, after posting
Old 12-08-2006, 12:55 PM
Staging Lane

not to highjack but Dre01ss I'm really liking yur ride.
Old 12-08-2006, 04:54 PM
Staging Lane

Actually American Pitbull Terriers are Not very good protectors, because most if raised by a responsible owner will be very friendly with strangers that they have never even met Just their looks make them a deterent(SP?). But it is true there are some apbt that if given the opportunity would kill a grown person in a heartbeat, these are the ones we need to cull out of the breeding programs. just my .02
Old 12-08-2006, 06:59 PM
On The Tree

You could be correct about the inbreeding, but that had to of been along time ago! If you look at it that away then all dogs are inbred no matter what. Because they had to come from something! And from what I hear that is how they made the color blue anyways was from inbreeding them. Also, are you saying the dog can only be 40% white and the other 60% be a differ color?(Didn't really follow you on that one!)

Jimmy
Old 12-08-2006, 07:05 PM
On The Tree

The pups are here just my brother hasn't brought the camera back over with him yet! They are all blue 1 has a thick white streak on her face and a white callor around her neck. 2 have thin white streak on there face. I have 9 female's 1 male(I'm pretty sure the male is sold though.) If interested plz pm me.

Jimmy
Old 12-08-2006, 07:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron@Vengeance
My mother actually breeds American StaffordShire Terriers (AKC version of APBT).... I have two of my own... How smart/loving these dogs are blows my mind... Peoples ingorance toward them also blows my mind

www.Riversedgeblues.com

www.RiversEdgeAmstaffs.com
a friend of mine has one of these but it is dumb as ****. however, it is one of the most loving and loyal dogs ive ever seen. btw, its scared of the dark
Old 12-08-2006, 07:17 PM
TECH Regular

I'd buy one just so it can eat my roommates pug
Old 12-08-2006, 07:55 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BigT2002
I'd buy one just so it can eat my roommates pug

Ill tell you what my parents live in california. That is where i bought my female from, so they where taking care of her for alittle bit before she got shipped out here. My parents have some pugs. And there female (I swear is a killer pug) beat up my pit. But, she also was only like 8 weeks old!!!! But, I just figured I would share that with ya i think its funny.
Old 12-10-2006, 08:22 AM
Launching!

dreo1ss i like the video. it is so true. i hve 2 blue pits and the female will have pups around christmas. these breeds do require a owner with a strong hand and big heart.
how much for the pups. u never said
Old 12-10-2006, 01:31 PM
On The Tree

They range from $950 to $1250. Just all depends on the pick.

Jimmy
Old 12-11-2006, 02:38 PM
Staging Lane

00whiteta - yes the other color can be anything breed standards just stat that they can not be more than 40% white to be considered full blooded. I have 2 books at the house that I have been reading. I try to stay as informed as I can so that when people talking negative about my mean old pitbull I can make them look like an idiot when I start talking facts. I will say that this breed is not for everyone. They need a strong willed owner for sure. They will start trying you at about 2yrs old which is normally when you really find out what kind of dog you have.

Quick Reply: American Pit Bulls (BLUE)