Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Georgia tuners

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 06:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Georgia tuners

I realize it's an odd question, but I'm looking for someone that does some tuning (just their own cars or customer cars) with HPTuners. I would really like to come watch you run through the basic tune on a car to see what is involved. Like I said, I know it's an odd request, but I'm thinking of buying the HP software and doing some tuning, but I would like to see if I'm getting in over my head before I spend the money and have somthing I can't use. It would be strickly at your convience.
Thanks
Old 02-22-2007, 07:19 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can use it...anyone can. At first you just make changes that you understand and then you branch out as you learn more. Kind of like the computer...the more you use it, the more you learn and take advantage of.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

where are you located anyway?
Old 02-22-2007, 10:24 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by cablebandit
you can use it...anyone can. At first you just make changes that you understand and then you branch out as you learn more. Kind of like the computer...the more you use it, the more you learn and take advantage of.
Hell if I did that I would end up having to buy another engine.I am surprised that I havn't had to buy another computer yet as much as I screw up with it.
Probably after a year or so I could figure out how to tune but I don't want to wait that long! Jerry is the man,he need's to hold a class "How to tune for Dummy's".
Old 02-22-2007, 10:29 PM
Launching!

hell ill attend that class
Old 02-23-2007, 09:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by brad8266
where are you located anyway?
I live in Dublin GA. That's right in the center of the state. (approx. 75 miles from savannah)
Old 02-23-2007, 10:00 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by HUNTER02SS
Hell if I did that I would end up having to buy another engine.I am surprised that I havn't had to buy another computer yet as much as I screw up with it.
Probably after a year or so I could figure out how to tune but I don't want to wait that long! Jerry is the man,he need's to hold a class "How to tune for Dummy's".

not true. WOT tuning is EASY...i mean easy...its idle and part throttle that takes some learning but those are the places you are least likely to cause any damage Plus if a change doesnt work, you can always go back to the tune that did. I just ordered efilive/roadrunner. With the wideband, it will AUTO tune my ve table and apply it in real time. Roadrunner has some bad *** potential...autotune lots of stuff and every table can be changed real time driving down the road...no stop...change tune..reload tune...see if it works. SUPPOSEDLY it can keep my car running at say 11.5 a/f going down the track...auto correcting as it goes down the track!!! I am going to be selling my hptuners if Greg, Dave or Al dont want to buy it for themselves. It is setup to tune unlimited 00 f-bodys, 00 silverados/trucks and 01 silverado trucks
Old 02-24-2007, 03:08 PM
9 Second Club

I would be interested in buying it under the condition that YOU would spend time on a dyno or something showing me how to use it!!
Old 02-24-2007, 05:03 PM
12 Second Club

hey chris you have a 99 dont you? id be intereseted in getting an unlimited one to split
Old 02-24-2007, 05:20 PM
9 Second Club

Sorry Sean, mine is a 2002 model. But if it would work then sure, I don't mind.
Old 02-24-2007, 05:29 PM
12 Second Club

im not sure if there is an unlimited 98-02 ls1 fbody one, i'll look into it
Old 02-24-2007, 09:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

not true. WOT tuning is EASY...i mean easy...its idle and part throttle that takes some learning but those are the places you are least likely to cause any damage Plus if a change doesnt work, you can always go back to the tune that did. I just ordered efilive/roadrunner. With the wideband, it will AUTO tune my ve table and apply it in real time. Roadrunner has some bad *** potential...autotune lots of stuff and every table can be changed real time driving down the road...no stop...change tune..reload tune...see if it works. SUPPOSEDLY it can keep my car running at say 11.5 a/f going down the track...auto correcting as it goes down the track!!! I am going to be selling my hptuners if Greg, Dave or Al dont want to buy it for themselves. It is setup to tune unlimited 00 f-bodys, 00 silverados/trucks and 01 silverado trucks
WOW!! Auto tuning on the fly??!! Very nice..how much and where does one buy it? Will it do OLSD tuning too?

Jim
Old 02-24-2007, 09:20 PM
On The Tree

I'm interested too.
Old 02-25-2007, 11:02 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by HUNTER02SS

If its a class for dummies, consider me his co-host.
Old 02-25-2007, 11:03 AM
TECH Addict

I just ordered efilive/roadrunner. With the wideband, it will AUTO tune my ve table and apply it in real time. Roadrunner has some bad *** potential...autotune lots of stuff and every table can be changed real time driving down the road...no stop...change tune..reload tune...see if it works. SUPPOSEDLY it can keep my car running at say 11.5 a/f going down the track...auto correcting as it goes down the track!!! I am going to be selling my hptuners if Greg, Dave or Al dont want to buy it for themselves. It is setup to tune unlimited 00 f-bodys, 00 silverados/trucks and 01 silverado trucks

you bitch! You traitor!
Old 02-25-2007, 02:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

isn't that rr thing about 1500 bucks? 750+500+liscences?
Old 02-25-2007, 03:40 PM
9 Second Club

1309.00 for flashscan v1 and roadrunner. comes with 2 efi licenses and unlimited 98 tuning ability. You dont need flashscan V2 if you NEVER intend to do a ls2 vehicle.
I was told it can auto tune OLSD which is the main reason i got it. I got the RR already and waiting on the efilive cable. I cant use it till the motor is running with the new turbo kit though
Old 02-26-2007, 10:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

1309.00 for flashscan v1 and roadrunner. comes with 2 efi licenses and unlimited 98 tuning ability. You dont need flashscan V2 if you NEVER intend to do a ls2 vehicle.
I was told it can auto tune OLSD which is the main reason i got it. I got the RR already and waiting on the efilive cable. I cant use it till the motor is running with the new turbo kit though
Doesn't HPT have auto-tuning on their road map very soon?
Old 02-26-2007, 02:58 PM
9 Second Club

maybe...they can tune some things real time but not everything in the pcm that you have access to.

Quick Reply: Georgia tuners