Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Looking for a race

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 12:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LOHRTBT
Just because it says corvette on it does not make it faster !! JESUS why does everyone think this? I NEVER lost a race to a stock vette in a Stock T/A. NEVER!! SEVERAL times My old man had many diff ones and we would change cars and the outcome was the same. Not to mention the hundreds of others I raced.

The only real diff. is the driver. PERIOD!

no corvettes have a million and a half more hp!!!!
Old 09-08-2007, 12:37 PM
12 Second Club

Whatever, stock for stock in the 1/4 corvette is going to be at least .3 of a second faster. The transmission is different the weight is, and the traction is the biggest difference. I own both and even modded my corvette is still faster. Until you put sticky tires on the Fbod has almost no chance. Yeah they may Dyno close but the vette will out perform all the way around.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:40 PM
12 Second Club

Old 09-08-2007, 12:55 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99T-Top Z28

nice
Old 09-08-2007, 02:33 PM
Teching In

hey man i raced the only LS1 M6 out there its not like there was alot to choose from its either him or the Formula i that is still stuck in my teeth.....TransAm7779 we got both vids and i posted them they should be in my previous post.....hahaha and i had traction control on not cruise control and I just sometimes forget to turn it off not a big deal tell you the truth i that cop freaked me out so i wasnt thinking about it..your car runs good and your not that bad of a driver and trust me these guys on here dont care how bald your tires are man ive been saying that and they give me hell for it haha and another thing on my car is that i have it tuned for 93 octane and all yall have out here is 91 im sure that doesnt make that BIG of a diff but still its better to have a higher grade of octane than a lower grade...i really need to detune that car............and no im not getting pulled 3 cars by any stock LS1 sorry dude i even gave this kid the jump and he wasnt a bad driver...and yes the SS im my book is faster than the vette...proof is at the track
Old 09-08-2007, 02:40 PM
12 Second Club

I sure wish you guys really lived in the South instead of the mid west, like a state away because I would drive that just to wax you in my stock vette!!!
Old 09-08-2007, 03:16 PM
On The Tree

Well, now you got to run a stock Camaro. If that is a drivers race then a stock LS1 vette is going to pull 2 or 3 cars on you easy.

Hey no offence to the corvettes, I personally love them and always have. My dad has a 69' 427 vette. But, I was out running stock ls1 vettes when I was bone stock by about 3 or 4 cars in a 01(A4) and 00(M6) WS6. Mainly because of there gear ratio those 2.73????? (I think they have) are dog ****. If this boy is running with a stock ls1 Camaro and Trans Am he will beat a stock vette no doubt. Now if your talking about a z06 that is a whole different story he will get killed badly.

Jimmy
Old 09-08-2007, 04:25 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 00WS6WHITE
Hey no offence to the corvettes, I personally love them and always have. My dad has a 69' 427 vette. But, I was out running stock ls1 vettes when I was bone stock by about 3 or 4 cars in a 01(A4) and 00(M6) WS6. Mainly because of there gear ratio those 2.73????? (I think they have) are dog ****. If this boy is running with a stock ls1 Camaro and Trans Am he will beat a stock vette no doubt. Now if your talking about a z06 that is a whole different story he will get killed badly.

Jimmy
Must have been an old man driving with traction control on. Bone stock 12.7 quarter 1.98 60ft. with vararam only 12.5 same 60ft. On street tires not DRs just to climb into the ring a camaro or TA for that matter better have headers and tune. The only thing that hurts vettes is not being able to drop the clutch hard...and that can be programmed out once done you won't be hanging with em... Mod for Mod vette will dominate until you go over 480 horse then the vette will lose its traction advantage. If you are running Slicks or DRs maybe a different story I haven't put them on either car yet.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:54 AM
TECH Addict

Mod for Mod vette will dominate until you go over 480 horse then the vette will lose its traction advantage. If you are running Slicks or DRs maybe a different story I haven't put them on either car yet.
haha...ahaha... i forgot how good of traction the F-body got, i'm glad you reminded me. this is obviously one of those guys who owns a vette and thinks it's just THAT MUCH BETTER because his price tags a little bigger and comes with a badge that says CORVETTE. i have to say that i've smoked a few vettes at the track with no problem.. i love corvettes but i would never say it's SUPER FAST!! i would only get it because of how well they ride/handle and all the little extras, and it would be my daily driver well my car sits at home
Old 09-09-2007, 12:58 AM
12 Second Club

Yeah just one of those guys that own both!!
Old 09-09-2007, 01:07 AM
12 Second Club

The only difference is all them vettes you raced prolly never seen a track...They don't know how to drive their car and are still on RunFlats...The weight difference alone puts the vette ahead...then aerodynamics...A zip tie mod vette is deep in the 12s...Unless you want to say that their are just Factory Freaks...but I really doubt that a factory freak is the term...A factory vette minus runflats is a 12.5 to 12.7 car simple as that...from my experience...If you wanna come to Carolina I will show ya...Show me stock SS running 12.5s...Guys in this thread can't believe they will even hit 12s...I trap 110 how many FBods hitting that stock?
Old 09-09-2007, 01:13 AM
12 Second Club

Oh and I never said it was sooo fast...I said easy 12s...stock....and im sure you have beat on some stock vettes being

99 Trans Am. SLP Lid, SLP MAF, P&P TB, LS6 Intake Manifold, PaceSetter Headers, Horserobber Exhaust, Free Mods, Level 2 Performabuilt Tranny with 3000 Stall and rear end set up + 3.73s, UMI LCS + Relocation Brackets, Eibach ProKit, 18" Z06 Speedlines with 295s in the back 17s in front

I guess that is stock too...If you didn't beat a few vettes at the track I would feel sorry for you
Old 09-09-2007, 02:44 AM
9 Second Club

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey good race sleeperstang sorry u got down talked butt ur ok in my book. Do u know what that camaro rans in 1/4?
Old 09-09-2007, 10:20 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1meantransam
i would only get it because of how well they ride/handle and all the little extras, and it would be my daily driver well my car sits at home
I agree, If I had an f-body to go with my C5 it would sit home all summer just like my 03 regal GS too

p.s. It's 'while'
Old 09-09-2007, 10:25 AM
Staging Lane

just for the record i dont think the ss is faster than the vette
Old 09-09-2007, 01:00 PM
TECH Addict

ok, i've owned both. traded vette back in. i raced those vettes when i was stock AT THE TRACK
Old 09-09-2007, 03:05 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LOHRTBT
Just because it says corvette on it does not make it faster !! JESUS why does everyone think this? I NEVER lost a race to a stock vette in a Stock T/A. NEVER!! SEVERAL times My old man had many diff ones and we would change cars and the outcome was the same. Not to mention the hundreds of others I raced.

The only real diff. is the driver. PERIOD!
I cant believe you even posted that. Stock for stock, same motor in both cars, one weighs almost 300lbs. less. You do the math. Prime example, I have a friend with a 99 FRC, I had a 98 WS6. We started modding, we did all the bolt-ons and his car was faster, I added a cam and barely beat him. He went with the EXACT same cam and was beating me pretty bad, I bought AFR's and a 90/90 setup and started beating him until he added heads, then it was over. His car traps 125-126 mph on motor, my TA would trap 120-121. Your nuts!
Old 09-09-2007, 03:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JETBLACK
I cant believe you even posted that. Stock for stock, same motor in both cars, one weighs almost 300lbs. less. You do the math. Prime example, I have a friend with a 99 FRC, I had a 98 WS6. We started modding, we did all the bolt-ons and his car was faster, I added a cam and barely beat him. He went with the EXACT same cam and was beating me pretty bad, I bought AFR's and a 90/90 setup and started beating him until he added heads, then it was over. His car traps 125-126 mph on motor, my TA would trap 120-121. Your nuts!
x2...
Old 09-09-2007, 03:15 PM
On The Tree

The only difference is all them vettes you raced prolly never seen a track...They don't know how to drive their car and are still on RunFlats...The weight difference alone puts the vette ahead...then aerodynamics...A zip tie mod vette is deep in the 12s...Unless you want to say that their are just Factory Freaks...but I really doubt that a factory freak is the term...A factory vette minus runflats is a 12.5 to 12.7 car simple as that...from my experience...If you wanna come to Carolina I will show ya...Show me stock SS running 12.5s...Guys in this thread can't believe they will even hit 12s...I trap 110 how many FBods hitting that stock?
That sounds right on the money to me. My friend has one with the little rearend, the only mod was he cut out the radiator shroud under the air filter where it could breath and it ran 12.7@111 mph. Stock tires. A4 BTW
Old 09-09-2007, 03:40 PM
TECH Addict

granted weight difference and Aero helps out, it's still not terribly fast stock for stock. i think i may have posted earlier in this thread about a LS1 FBODY running 12.3 in the past, perhaps you're forgetting who you're arguing with but isn't the issue about a mustang, just because you drive a vette it doesn't mean you're on top of the world, i traded the thing in because honestly the only thing i liked about it was smoothe handleing. if you think you're vette is oh so superior why don't you bring it to my area and get burned by a HONDA CIVIC Si with bolt ons and some internals, time for more zip tie mods?... you drive a corvette.were family.stfu and quit arguing with you're own kin