GMMG Cars For Sale.........

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 02:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default GMMG Cars For Sale.........

Here's a link....... http://www.daytonapacecars.com/id21.html

GMMG Cars For Sale.........-1975driversbest.jpg
2002 Berger/GMMG Hot Rod Edition #1975 (1 of 36 & only red/black T-Top 6 speed)

GMMG Cars For Sale.........-cetaunityfront.jpg
2002 GMMG CETA Blackbird #4 (1 of 10 CETA BB's)

2000 Firehawk #0008 - Amazing! Check it out

Here's the link...........http://www.daytonapacecars.com/id65.html

Last edited by daytonajim; 03-15-2010 at 05:34 PM. Reason: addition
Old 03-01-2010, 03:29 PM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work

CETA Blackbird
Old 03-01-2010, 08:31 PM
11 Second Club

jim

Did Carl Black/GMMG remove the side molding on the car, replace the rear filler panel around the key hole for the trunk? Also is the rear bumper graphite and not black?

Just curious cause I love these cars and I'm always interested in learning new stuff on the CE Blackbirds
Old 03-03-2010, 08:45 AM
On The Tree

Default CETA Blackbird #4 is just as GMMG built it

Nothing changed or added - just like Matt Murphy built it........

Check out all the photos @......

http://www.daytonapacecars.com/id48.html

This is one of the rarest Blackbird's (CETA BB @ 1 of 10)

GMMG Cars For Sale.........-cetaunityfront.jpg
GMMG Cars For Sale.........-5.jpg

Thanks for asking.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:49 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Z28/2002
jim

Did Carl Black/GMMG remove the side molding on the car, replace the rear filler panel around the key hole for the trunk? Also is the rear bumper graphite and not black?

Just curious cause I love these cars and I'm always interested in learning new stuff on the CE Blackbirds

Yea, Fact is 'someone' made changes to that car after factory delivery somewhere along the line.
No one knows who removed the side molding, ..., no one knows who changed or removed the bird & text from the rear center panel.
They just don't come from GM like that, ..., So yes, GMMG does those mod's.

"Ancient Chinese Secret", ...,

(My apologies Jim, ..., but I've updated my stupid comments!)
(I wonder if there's another yellow one that has been discussed before that aroused many questions, & not this one?)

Last edited by PontiacFan; 03-04-2010 at 05:06 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:51 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by PontiacFan
Yea, Fact is 'someone' made changes to that car after factory delivery somewhere along the line.
No one knows who removed the side molding, ..., no one knows who changed or removed the bird & text from the rear center panel.
They just don't come from GM like that, ...
This car has been discussed before Jim got a hold of it & no one can prove where any of these changes occurred. It's a mystery!

"Ancient Chinese Secret", ...,
I see said the blind man

Old 03-04-2010, 08:51 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by daytonajim

Check out all the photos @......

This is one of the rarest Blackbird's (CETA BB @ 1 of 10)

Attachment 219024
Attachment 219026

Thanks for asking.
call BS

if you look in the pictures it says why is there now rear GMMG badge. site answer was "matt says not all cars got them" but on the webpage there is a vidoe of matt putting the rear GMMG bage on. so someone has removed it
Old 03-04-2010, 12:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a GMMG Camaro, and during the conversion I was at the shop and saw Matt remove the side moldings on my SS. He told me that he does it to make the cars look more streamline and its a touch that some people don't even notice. I have also had many discussions with Matt about the Blackbirds as i have been looking at some in the past. Matt told me that he replaced the rear section behind the tail lights with a new part that does not have the bird around the keyhole. Wanted the blackbird to stand out and not look like a regular trans am, but have subtle differences. So yes the car has been changed from factory specs, but car is now a GMMG special edition car. Same with the rear valence being painted. Just my 2 cents. Hope it helps! The Ceta Balckbird looks good. I don't know about the missing GMMG emblem though?
Old 03-04-2010, 03:29 PM
On The Tree

Default CETA Blackbird #4 Facts....(from the owner)

2002 CETA (Collector Edition Trans Am) Blackbird #4

Thanks for all the feedback. I’ll attempt to answer the questions raised in hopes of ending ALL the discussion. Maybe it will create more discussion.

Either way here are the facts & they are supported by Matt Murphy & others. Discussion just further verifies the authenticity.

There was a lot of buzz about this car before I bought. If anyone would have done their homework they would have realized it’s the REAL DEAL! That’s why I bought it!

PONTIAC FAN…….. comment……….
No one knows who removed the side molding, I’M SURE GMMG DID THIS. ..., no one knows who changed or removed the bird & text from the rear center panel.
They just don't come from GM like that, ... YES, GMMG CHANGES THE CARS AS PART OF THEIR UPGRADEThis car has been discussed before Jim got a hold of it & no one can prove where any of these changes occurred. It's a mystery! DOES IT REALLY MATTER? I’VE BEEN WORKING TO MAKE THE CAR CORRECT WITH MATT’s HELP.

Matt Murphy visited me last fall, signed some of my cars, and installed some of the missing emblems on CETA Blackbird #4. He verified the car & its 1 of only 10 CETA Blackbird’s. It’s real, well documented & I have all the paperwork (see web site). CETA BB #4 one of the rarest Blackbird’s from GMMG.

Check out the video link with Matt adding some of the missing emblems & signing the car… …….. Spend some time looking things over.

Somewhere along the line (before I bought the car)………. Either GMMG removed some of the emblems as part of their GMMG CETA Blackbird build or someone else removed them. I have no idea but Big Bird WS6 & JMSPEED is correct. I concur with their comments that this was done @ GMMG. WHY? I currently have 7 GMMG Cars in the collection & have owned 4 other GMMG Cars so I feel somewhat knowledgeable (enough to get into trouble!).

BIG BIRD WS6……… comments……
Call BS

if you look in the pictures it says why is there now rear GMMG badge. site answer was "matt says not all cars got them" but on the webpage there is a vidoe of matt putting the rear GMMG bage on. so someone has removed it. MATT TOLD ME THAT IF A CAR CAME BACK TO GMMG FOR A PHASE II OR IIX UPGRADE, THEY GOT THE GMMG BADGE & NOT ALL OF THE CARS HAD THEM TO START WITH. (Kind of hit & miss)specs, but car is now a GMMG special edition car. Same with the rear valence being painted. Just my 2 cents. Hope it helps! The Ceta Balckbird looks good. I don't know about the missing GMMG emblem though? IF YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT THE GMMG EMBLEM BY THE LEFT REAR TAILLIGHT SEE THE VIDEO WITH MATT MURPHY INSTALLING IT.

JMSPEED…….. comments…..
I have a GMMG Camaro, and during the conversion I was at the shop and saw Matt remove the side moldings on my SS. He told me that he does it to make the cars look more streamline and its a touch that some people don't even notice. I have also had many discussions with Matt about the Blackbirds as i have been looking at some in the past. Matt told me that he replaced the rear section behind the tail lights with a new part that does not have the bird around the keyhole. Wanted the blackbird to stand out and not look like a regular trans am, but have subtle differences. So yes the car has been changed from factory.

If you have any more questions please e-mail me @ jimsmt@lakeland.ws or call 715-529-0898. I’ll be happy to discuss the car with you. Jim Smith

Web site……. www.daytonapacecars.com ……. Check out the collection

More info & photos @ www.gmmgregistry.com

Again, thanks for the feedback (good & bad).

Can we put this to bed now? If not show me documentation & photos from GMMG that proves your point.

I continue to look for information on all the GMMG Cars. (work in progress) Check out my web site & let me know if you have any photos or info to contribute.

Have a great day! Jim
GMMG Cars For Sale.........-cetaunity-010.jpg

GMMG Cars For Sale.........-mattmurphy101809-017.jpg

GMMG Cars For Sale.........-mattmurphy101809-018.jpg

GMMG Cars For Sale.........-mattmurphy101809-021.jpg

Last edited by daytonajim; 01-11-2011 at 03:22 PM. Reason: more info
Old 03-04-2010, 04:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Z28/2002
Originally Posted by daytonajim

If ya research & find other photos of the Blackbirds, most of them did have the side molding removed, & the rear filler panel changed to the clean black look. So yes, most likely GMMG did this as part of the package.

http://gmmginc.net/programs/Blackbird/
http://www.firebirdgallery.com/carlblacklot1.htm

It's good to have discussion on the cars, it keeps the interest up there!
(TTT also, ...)
Old 03-04-2010, 05:24 PM
11 Second Club

Good info
Old 03-04-2010, 09:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had Black Bird #3 (3rd production BB ever made and the 5 one total made). I have spoken to Matt about the Black Bird and our Johnny Benson Camaro (and other GMMG cars as well). Matt removed the side moldings and the rear Flaming Chicken. He said he didn't want "Trans Am" to be seen anywhere, so that's why everything was removed. Also, it was my understanding that the GMMG emblems were installed later on. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: GMMG Cars For Sale.........