Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

SS Hood

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 11:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SS Hood

Some of you may have seen my post in the Parts for sale forum. It was deleted since I haven't been a member long enough. I am trying to sell my OEM hood that was barely damaged at all in an accident. Here are a couple of pictures I took.

The Body shop fought to get me a new hood because I argued with them for a good 20 minutes as to why they should replace the entire hood. Luckily, the insurance company gave in to their request to replace it.

Now I have a hood that doesn't need to be sitting around in my garage. It needs to be sitting on a camaro sucking in wind and shoving it into an intake. The hood is very easily repaired according to the body shop. As soon as the new hood arrives and gets painted underneath, the body shop is going to remove the old hood and put it in the box the new hood came in. I will then be ready to sell it.

My problem is that I need to know what it is worth. I don't want to look like a jerk and try to ask too much for it, but at the same time, I want to get the most I can for it. It is an OEM hood, so it's worth more than any aftermarket. Can someone help me out?
Old 03-13-2006, 01:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

More Pictures of the Hood

Asking $450.00 for the hood
Old 03-13-2006, 03:05 PM
Launching!

just my opinion, but that seems like too much. I would say like $300 maybe, that may be easy to fix but then there is painting and what not.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:30 PM
Teching In

Does it come with the hardware or will that be removed?
Old 03-13-2006, 03:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

hell of a price, I would buy it, but I just landed one. look at my sig work in progress. I paid 150 for that one, and it is an easy fix in my opinion, so someone get this it is a sick deal.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by sills1
The hood is very easily repaired according to the body shop.
If its easily repaired, why didn't the body shop fix it? The reason is its fiberglas/polymer and not a easy fix to make it look OEM. Most body shops just replace panels/sheetmetal etc. Few have the knowledge and skills to work sheetmetal and fiberglas the proper way.

I've got a NOS GM/SLP SS hood in the original box. I wouldn't part with it for less then $1700. If someone wants to do a homemade repair on the hood, your price is a steal!
Old 03-13-2006, 04:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sniperfox
Does it come with the hardware or will that be removed?
Hardware is NOT included with the hood. That is going on the new hood that was ordered.

Originally Posted by Sebring 00
If its easily repaired, why didn't the body shop fix it?
They wanted to fix the hood as did the insurance adjuster, but I argued with them for 30 minutes to get a new hood. My argument was that the hood would not bring the car back to pre-collision status. I would know the hood was repaired and that isn't what I had before the accident. After alot of persuading, they finally saw it my way and gave in, especially since the other guy's insurance is paying for it in the long run. My insurance adjuster did the inspection.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by sills1
They wanted to fix the hood as did the insurance adjuster, but I argued with them for 30 minutes to get a new hood.
I admire a man in your situation sticking to his guns and demanding a new hood. Persistence pays off in the long run.

However, how do you know you're getting a OEM GM/SLP hood? They were discontinued over 2 years ago and no longer available even on a warrenty claim.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm not sure that it is OEM, but it's coming from GM so if it doesn't look right and fit perfect, then I'll get another one at the insurance company's expense. Believe me, they do not want to get me going over a poor repair job. As my favorite personal quote says, "I (will) have nothing nice to say"
Old 03-13-2006, 08:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Stick with GM because it fits and paints as OEM. Leave the after market stuff to those that don't care.

The original part # for the hood is 12369963. It wouldn't be on the box, but will be on the hood itself.
Old 03-13-2006, 08:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks Sebring
Old 03-21-2006, 07:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sold!!!

Quick Reply: SS Hood