Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

WS6 how to??????????

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2003, 01:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WS6 how to??????????

I am the 2nd owner of my NBM 00 WS6 T/A. The original owner didn't included the window sticker, when it was traded in(a$$hole). I want to get "collectors" plates and the BMV is going to ask for verification(documentation) of the T/A being a REAL WS6. I obviously have the vin# but I don't know if the vin# designates the T/A as having the WS6 option, does it? I am curious how I can prove that its real. Anyone can buy the emblems, hood, suspension, and wheels/tires. I emailed ASC and left a voice mail messege with Nancy but I haven't heard back yet. Any ther ideas? Can a dealer re-print a window sticker (probably a dumb question)?
Old 05-23-2003, 02:01 PM
TECH Resident

Default Re: WS6 how to??????????

I posted this a while back,
First email cac@pontiac.com, tell them the year, make and Vin# of your car, they will reply back with the born date and ALL option codes and what those codes mean, I was happy with the info.
Second the built # comes from ASC. you can call at 743-246-2772 and ask for a nancy barnett, or email Marketing@ascglobal.com. Now a lot of people have got there info just like I told you from asc. Me I emailed and waited months, nothing ( I know they are busy) I seen a post from 01WS6_4_ME saying if you had a 01 or 02 email or pm him and he would be happy to give the info, he got the entire file from Nancy at some point in the past. you can pm him, or if you already know do a search for him and send him your vin#, yr.
You have already done the asc part, But I got my info as stated, and he is a member of this board.
Pete
Old 05-23-2003, 03:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Try Marty Staub at ASC. He is the one who sent me my info. marty.straub@ascglobal.com

Also look on the door sticker. You would see one of the option codes as WS6 if it is a real WS6.
Old 05-23-2003, 05:25 PM
Teching In

Curious, What criteria does a car have to meet in your state to get a "collectors" plate. In Texas we have the "Antique" plate for cars 25+year. ($50.00 for a 5 year tag and no monthy inspection) and the "Classic" plate. 25+year old cars. $15.00 addition to regular license fee. no special treatment.
Old 05-27-2003, 11:43 AM
Teching In

I want to get "collectors" plates and the BMV is going to ask for verification(documentation) of the T/A being a REAL WS6. I obviously have the vin# but I don't know if the vin# designates the T/A as having the WS6 option, does it?
Send in pictures of the driver’s door sticker showing both the VIN, and the WS6 option code with your application.

Also, according to this website: http://www.state.oh.us/odps/division/bmv/clectors.html, just the fact that it’s a T/A looks like you’ll be OK. If you go to http://www.nadaguides.com/ and click on classic cars/what’s it worth/collectable cars then to the 2000 Pontiac section, it shows the Trans Am in there.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-01-2003, 12:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

i too would like to know more about this "collectors plate" you speak of. what are the requirements/limitations invovled?
Old 06-05-2003, 03:58 PM
TECH Resident

The car can't be your only means of transportation. You must have at least one other full time vehicle in your name. There is no mileage limitation as far as I know, except it can't be the only vehicle you drive. I don't know if every state has a plate similar to this. I think PA has one that for cars that are rarely used.
Old 08-06-2003, 03:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

These collectors plates are in Ohio only as far as I know, i had them on my 87 regal ttype. best thing is there is no emissions test with them. Now i gotta see about getting them for my 98 WS6.

Shawn
Old 09-18-2003, 06:17 PM
12 Second Club

more info please for texas owners
Old 09-19-2003, 09:59 AM
TECH Resident

I just got them for the WS6.... Heres the plate:
"THATS OT" (THATS CUTE)! Its my saying when I see another car that the driver thinks is badass...ie...imports!
Old 09-22-2003, 10:31 AM
TECH Resident

For the owners in Ohio...you can get the " Collector's Plates" form at your local BMV or right from Columbus. The easiest way to complete the form is to make a good legible COLOR copy of your window sticker showing the SS option or WS6 option mail it with the form.

Quick Reply: WS6 how to??????????