Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

Looking for a gmmg car!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 01:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 900hpSS
did anyone order there p1 or p2 car new? did you have the option to buy/keep the original engine from the car? i think i heard that from somebody who ordered one once. if so that will tell you if they swaped the motors or not.
Phase 1 Berger SS, Tom Henry SS, Intimidator SS, Hot Rods & Performance Editions use the stock engine, with bolts ons . . . (cliff notes)
All "Production" Intimidators are 381 hp - they stopped prodution shortly after his untimely death - not all are signed.
All 2000 "Production" Berger SS are 375 hp
All 2001 "Production" Berger SS are 380 hp

Phase 2 (First offered in "Production" for model year 2002) Berger SS, Tom Henry SS, Hot Rods & Performance Editions use the stock engine, with a heads, cam & LT package . . . (again cliff notes)

During the standard production of the Berger SS & Tom Henry SS the higher Phases did not exist . . .

Phase 1 ZL1 and Dick Harrell are 400 hp LS6 engine replacements.

Phase 2 ZL1 and Dick Harrell are LS6 with a heads, cam & LT package . . . (again cliff notes)

Phase 3 ZL1 and Dick Harrell are C5R 427.

There are other "sub" Phases, such ar Phase 2x, Phase 2x6 and Phase 2xR . . .

I ordered my Berger from the Dealer as a Phase 2. It is one of 9 "Production" Phase 2 2002 Berger SS.

Any and all GMMG cars can be sent back to be upgraded to alternative "Phases"

Last edited by Xsta Z 28; 12-10-2007 at 02:25 PM.
Old 12-10-2007, 02:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Looking for a gmmg car!!!!!

When I ordered by car, I ordered it as a Phase I because that is all that was available at the time I ordered it. I have a photograph somewhere that Matt had sent me with all the LS6 blocks (engines) in crates. When Matt called me later..................6 months or so down the road and inquired as to if I wanted to upgrade to a Phase II or Phase III, he told me that if I wanted to keep the original LS1 engine, I could. If I wanted it to keep it, there would be a $4,000.00 charge.

I'm just a dumb GMMG car owner and have known Matt personally for several years but from reading this thread..................I guess I don't know very much about my car especially after reading this thread and all the comments of people who do not own one.

One of the very few intelligent comments I've read were Andy's just above mine and like me................he owns a GMMG car. Go figure...................
Old 12-10-2007, 04:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

All I can say is:

J.D. we can be dumb togedder . . . wid r overated cars

I forgot to mention .. . ALL GMMG cars had "Phases" 1 though whatever . . . but the "Phases" were different for each car . . .
Old 12-10-2007, 04:30 PM
Staging Lane

Default zl1

Holy Crap all i was doing was looking for a phase1 zl1 and now i have four pages of fighting . But its real interesting to learn about the cars. There is alot of info here.Please keep a eye out for me i miss my gmmg car and i want a earnharht car ( hard top ) or a phase 1 zl1 thanks for all the replys its been fun.
Old 12-10-2007, 04:47 PM
On The Tree

No fighting here, just a diffrence of opinions. All fun and games.
Old 12-10-2007, 04:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here in this thread I have learned (well knew) that there are the "Have's" and the "Have Not's"...and Clearly Camarosss comes across as a "have not" and is just jealous. I know I am but I am fuiously saving Its also great to just sit here and read a good thread about great cars until someone who thinks that his is the only opinion that matters....whatelse is new? Anyone wanna loan me 150K to get a ZL1, I'll give you 300K in 10 years when the price of a ZL1 will clearly go up!
Old 12-10-2007, 05:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by speedtoyz1
Holy Crap all i was doing was looking for a phase1 zl1 and now i have four pages of fighting . But its real interesting to learn about the cars. There is alot of info here.Please keep a eye out for me i miss my gmmg car and i want a earnharht car ( hard top ) or a phase 1 zl1 thanks for all the replys its been fun.

I do know of a guy that is "considering" selling his Dale Earnhardt Camaro. Extremely low mileage. Will want a premium price as it is worth it. It is a "signed" car (signed by Dale before his death).

If he does make the decision to sell it...............I will keep you in mind.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 02_Phase2_ZL1
When I ordered by car, I ordered it as a Phase I because that is all that was available at the time I ordered it. I have a photograph somewhere that Matt had sent me with all the LS6 blocks (engines) in crates. When Matt called me later..................6 months or so down the road and inquired as to if I wanted to upgrade to a Phase II or Phase III, he told me that if I wanted to keep the original LS1 engine, I could. If I wanted it to keep it, there would be a $4,000.00 charge.

I'm just a dumb GMMG car owner and have known Matt personally for several years but from reading this thread..................I guess I don't know very much about my car especially after reading this thread and all the comments of people who do not own one.

One of the very few intelligent comments I've read were Andy's just above mine and like me................he owns a GMMG car. Go figure...................
Do you have any pictures of your car with out the phase 1 engine in it?
Old 12-10-2007, 05:31 PM
Staging Lane

Default Looking For A Gmmg Car

I haven't logged on in a while and look what I've been missing!!!! I thought the whole reason for this thread was to help Speedtoyz find a GMMG car! I might be able to help. I have to sell one of my cars to help pay for a house renovation and to help pay for my new GMMG Dick Harrell that's on order. . My questions to everyone here is which one should I sell? I have a pristine '97 SSLT4 (#54) with 620 original miles. It has the Houndstooth Interior and Level III suspension and comes with tons of documentation. The second car is a GMMG Dale Earnhardt Intimidator SS, car #7 with 200 original miles. And yes, it's signed by Big E himself. It is, I believe, the only Intimidator delivered to Berger and spent some time in the Floyd Garrett Muscle Car Museum in TN. Tons of documentation also. I would like everyone's opionion on which one I should sell and why before I decide. Now back to the fighting!
Old 12-10-2007, 05:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by EvilBLK02TA
Here in this thread I have learned (well knew) that there are the "Have's" and the "Have Not's"...and Clearly Camarosss comes across as a "have not" and is just jealous. I know I am but I am fuiously saving Its also great to just sit here and read a good thread about great cars until someone who thinks that his is the only opinion that matters....whatelse is new? Anyone wanna loan me 150K to get a ZL1, I'll give you 300K in 10 years when the price of a ZL1 will clearly go up!
Not claiming to be a expert on anything. I don't care who owns what. What I'm trying to figure out is..... was there really a engine change in the phase 2 cars from the factory installed engine when clearly the ls1 and ls6 is the same block. And why is a Berger, Tom Henry,ect. ect. is less of a car than a ZL. These cars got the same treatment as the ZL. If theres a phase 3 Berger and a phase 3 ZL (both with a upgrade from a stage 1 or 2) sitting beside each other, why is the ZL worth more? It does'nt make sence to me.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by camarosss
Do you have any pictures of your car with out the phase 1 engine in it?
No...................I don't.

I am guessing (speculating) that you are doubting as to whether the engine was replaced or not.

I KNOW IT WAS BECAUSE I TRUST MATT MURPHY, RON GOWEN AND MIKE CARAHAN WHO WORKED ON MY CAR AT GMMG. If they say they replaced the engine with a new LS6 engine, I believe them. I have known these guys for a long time and have absolutely no reason to mistrust them ! ! ! ! They have too much to loose (if they didn't do absolutely what they told everyone who bought one of these cars what they would do) ! ! !

And Jordan.....................did you know that it was you I was talking about above (about the guy with the Dale Earnhardt Camaro, signed and low mileage)
Old 12-10-2007, 06:02 PM
Staging Lane

Yes I did J.D.! I thought I would do a little self advertising in the middle of this quagmire. My advice to all is to.... Anyway, good to hear from you and I'm sure I'll keep you posted on the DH as things progress.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:23 PM
On The Tree

ok SPEEDTOYZ here is your chance for a DE car.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:27 PM
Staging Lane

Default #7

Originally Posted by SSLTFOUR
I haven't logged on in a while and look what I've been missing!!!! I thought the whole reason for this thread was to help Speedtoyz find a GMMG car! I might be able to help. I have to sell one of my cars to help pay for a house renovation and to help pay for my new GMMG Dick Harrell that's on order. . My questions to everyone here is which one should I sell? I have a pristine '97 SSLT4 (#54) with 620 original miles. It has the Houndstooth Interior and Level III suspension and comes with tons of documentation. The second car is a GMMG Dale Earnhardt Intimidator SS, car #7 with 200 original miles. And yes, it's signed by Big E himself. It is, I believe, the only Intimidator delivered to Berger and spent some time in the Floyd Garrett Muscle Car Museum in TN. Tons of documentation also. I would like everyone's opionion on which one I should sell and why before I decide. Now back to the fighting!
Cool i would like to here the price on the #7 car but maybe not on the forum (don't want to get into any more fights here on the thread) Maybe you could send me an email (aborn99@gmail.com) with the info and a few pictures?
Old 12-10-2007, 06:29 PM
On The Tree

No...................I don't.

I am guessing (speculating) that you are doubting as to whether the engine was replaced or not.

I KNOW IT WAS BECAUSE I TRUST MATT MURPHY, RON GOWEN AND MIKE CARAHAN WHO WORKED ON MY CAR AT GMMG. If they say they replaced the engine with a new LS6 engine, I believe them. I have known these guys for a long time and have absolutely no reason to mistrust them ! ! ! ! They have too much to loose (if they didn't do absolutely what they told everyone who bought one of these cars what they would do) ! ! !

And Jordan.....................did you know that it was you I was talking about above (about the guy with the Dale Earnhardt Camaro, signed and low mileage)
Hand shakes mean nothing these days, I don't care if he's your brother..... you need proof!
Old 12-10-2007, 06:31 PM
Staging Lane

Default dei

Originally Posted by ZL1 #14
ok SPEEDTOYZ here is your chance for a DE car.
Now if i have the I will get it
Old 12-10-2007, 06:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by camarosss
Hand shakes mean nothing these days, I don't care if he's your brother..... you need proof!

Maybe hand shakes don't mean anything to you.................they do to me.

I don't need proof. You are the only one asking for proof. It doesn't matter to me anyway because again....................mine isn't for sale. I'm sure if I wanted to sell it I could and could get more than what I paid for it however, I'm happy with it and don't want to sell it.

Maybe one day you will get to a place in your life where you understand.
Old 12-10-2007, 07:09 PM
Staging Lane

I do know of a guy that is "considering" selling his Dale Earnhardt Camaro. Extremely low mileage. Will want a premium price as it is worth it. It is a "signed" car (signed by Dale before his death).

If he does make the decision to sell it...............I will keep you in mind.
Thanks please do i have had a few emails on some other cars forsale.Im starting to get some action now
Old 12-10-2007, 07:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

speedtoyz1..............Check your Email!
Old 12-10-2007, 07:30 PM
12 Second Club

very interesting stuff. always be a fan of the gmmg cars keep us posted speedtoyz

Quick Reply: Looking for a gmmg car!!!!!