What should i do about these?? Arrived home to find at door..

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2003, 07:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What should i do about these?? Arrived home to find at door..

The BMR i dunno, didn't open it. The SLP ZEXEL take off, there are slivers
of metal and dirt in it and a big nick on it! is this normal???? I'm not so sure bout putting it in my car's rear end. What would you do??
Well take a look at the box!! I DIDN'T OPEN THE ZEXEL AT ALL. I just stuffed
my nikon in close up mode to show you what my eyes see?

BMR part:

ZEXEL TAKE OFF:

Old 11-10-2003, 07:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

email the pics to who ever you bought them from.
tell them to send a pick up tag to pick them back up and to send you some new ones
Old 11-10-2003, 09:36 PM

I know where they came from.. I can recognize that packing slip anywhere

Its looks alright. The fuzzy stuff is cardboard. Call the palce you bought it from and see what they say about it. Im sure theyll take care of ya! The long BMR box doesnt look like anything wrong. Its just empty space thats smashed. Have to open to be for sure.
Old 11-10-2003, 11:19 PM
Banned

Call UPS immediately! 800-PICK-UPS. You can open them, but DO NOT discard the boxes. This is a standard when receiving any damaged shipment from any company. UPS will start the process of us being able to exchange any parts that are damged -- I agree with Carl, it looks like the BMR part is prob. OK, you just need to initiate the claim so we can get things going if it turns out something is damaged. Also, if they weren't packaged in TR boxes, we shipped them in the original mfg's packaging - I'll have my guys check the rest of the posi units in stock to see how they are packaged and give them a heads up on those. I'll take a closer look at your pics, but the posi looks OK...remember they are "take off's" and most of them have a little grime left on them that causes grit to stick to them in shipping - Also, the bearing is what has a nick on it, and you should be replacing that when you do your install. I've seen that type of thing on these before in the ones we take directly off the shelf for install.

Angie
Old 11-11-2003, 07:47 AM
TECH Addict

oh ok. i didn't realize the take off's had dirt. My bad. THE SLP STICKER seal is intact on the box. It looks like they (SLP) used have a packaging material and left the other item dangling around.

I will call UPS before lunch to have them inspect these items.

I didn't want to call out anyones names, just get some advice. UPS SUCKS BUTT. They should not have even left a package in that condition. DO NOT PASS GO, RETURN TO SENDER, lol.

Trust me "drop ships" from RATECH (not your company order) or should i say "DROP KICKS" were in effect too. lol.
Old 11-11-2003, 07:56 AM

UPS has been damaging alot of stuff lately. Ive seen a whole bunch of stuff ending up pretty bad. They broke my Dad's $600 DVD player and its been in "claims" for about 4-6 months now

Im switching to FedEx for now on.
Old 11-11-2003, 09:10 AM
Banned

Unfortunately, with UPS, we do have some damaged packages. We used Fedex a while back and had a HUGE problem with them just losing the packages. At least UPS will get it there. With Fedex they were just falling off of the face of the earth. With our shipping volume, UPS is also usually good about dealing with our claims expediously. Fedex was always taking forever to pay for claims and give us info. All in all, UPS really is a better choice for us. The guaranteed delivery times, ability for us to e-mail tracking numbers from our system, etc. really make it work well for us. (I will speak with our account rep about the damages, though.)

Angie
Old 11-11-2003, 10:31 PM
On The Tree

Angie, you guys are first rate. Luckily up here in the swamp, it's so small of a community that the UPS man knows all of us enthusiasts on post, so he takes good care of us also.
Old 11-12-2003, 12:30 AM
TECH Addict

Please don't switch to Fed-Ex, they really suck. I had so much trouble getting my Hooker ORY from them, it wasn't even funny. I had to go to their closest HQ because I was told by a rep that my package was there and when I got there, it magically dissapeared! I ended up taking two trips to their place (unacceptable) which is about a 35-40 minute drive from my house to Fed-Ex. And then had another incident similar to the first one a few months later. UPS is the way to go, I get my mods on or before the scheduled date 9 out of 10 times.
Old 11-13-2003, 09:36 PM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Fedex has lost a couple of things of mine but they are a LOT cheaper than UPS. Guess you get what you pay for...
Old 11-17-2003, 12:09 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not a big fan of Fed Ex either. Ordered a part next day overnight and got it three days later. They delieverd it to the wrong address and the home ower was nice enough to deliever to my house himself at 9:30 in the evening !! Thats the second time I've had trouble with Fed Ex and I'll never use them again !!

Quick Reply: What should i do about these?? Arrived home to find at door..