Can anyone sell me dual 340 intank RACETRONIX pumps?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 05:19 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Can anyone sell me dual 340 intank RACETRONIX pumps?

I tired emailing them and a few others but no response? And I guess they dont use phones over there since they dont accept call

I already have one 340 intank and need another. If someone knows a way I can buy the dual intank set up let me know. I could also ship my tank to have it installed it needed.

Thanks
Old 02-26-2004, 05:22 PM
TECH Resident

Lightbulb

Nobody I know of sells them.

However, some board members have fabricated their own dual pump setups. One I know is on www.blackls1ta.com, Michael Buie's site. I know of others, just not off the top of my head...
Old 02-26-2004, 07:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SStroked 410
I tired emailing them and a few others but no response? And I guess they dont use phones over there since they dont accept call

I already have one 340 intank and need another. If someone knows a way I can buy the dual intank set up let me know. I could also ship my tank to have it installed it needed.

Thanks

I know there out there..somewhere.....I want the same setup too!!!!
Old 02-26-2004, 07:40 PM
FormerVendor

They do not make a dual intake setup only the wire harness. I have done many installs of the duals. Give me a call I can set you up with the pumps cheap.

Nate
Old 02-26-2004, 07:57 PM
TECH Junkie

I emailed racetronix and they said that if they feel like it they can make a PNP dual pump for the 99 and up cars. It is around 500 bucks though.
Old 02-27-2004, 12:23 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Nasty, if you read the threads where I have posted on DP's you would know that we do make them here. I would appreciate it if you would refrain from offering input on Racetronix product or support issues in the future. This is not the first time I have had to contradict you on a Racetronix related thread. I would much rather have you or the customer e-mail Racetronix for this information.

Mike K., it's not a matter of 'feeling like it', it is a matter of having the time to make it. As I have explained on this forum before, the DP system is a custom made-to-order item that is only offered when we can fit it in between regular production. DP systems are very labor intensive to produce and require the customer’s fuel module be sent in order to have the parts fitted. Perhaps in the future we will offer the system in a D-I-Y fashion. Support issues are a major concern as many people changing fuel pumps can barely manage the installation of a single pump system. Originally we were selling DP systems through one of our dealers who was to support the product but this did not work out.

Something to consider is that most people who think they need a DP system in actual fact do not. A single in-tank pump with HW harness, FMFPR and / or BAP can support upwards of 700RWHP. Please refer to this thread for more information: https://ls1tech.com/forums/fueling-injection/127433-those-running-dual-fuel-pumps.html

Jack
Racetronix

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<

Last edited by Racetronix; 02-27-2004 at 12:31 AM.
Old 02-27-2004, 01:36 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Racetronix
Nasty, if you read the threads where I have posted on DP's you would know that we do make them here. I would appreciate it if you would refrain from offering input on Racetronix product or support issues in the future. This is not the first time I have had to contradict you on a Racetronix related thread. I would much rather have you or the customer e-mail Racetronix for this information.

Mike K., it's not a matter of 'feeling like it', it is a matter of having the time to make it. As I have explained on this forum before, the DP system is a custom made-to-order item that is only offered when we can fit it in between regular production. DP systems are very labor intensive to produce and require the customer’s fuel module be sent in order to have the parts fitted. Perhaps in the future we will offer the system in a D-I-Y fashion. Support issues are a major concern as many people changing fuel pumps can barely manage the installation of a single pump system. Originally we were selling DP systems through one of our dealers who was to support the product but this did not work out.

Something to consider is that most people who think they need a DP system in actual fact do not. A single in-tank pump with HW harness, FMFPR and / or BAP can support upwards of 700RWHP. Please refer to this thread for more information: https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127433

Jack
Racetronix

Thanks Jack I did not mean to come off sounding like you guys don't care.
Any news on the 99 and up single pumps?
Old 02-27-2004, 10:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i did it my self not that hard look here
http://www.cofba.org/users/smokinhaw...-pics/fuel.htm
Old 02-27-2004, 11:33 AM
TECH Regular

Something to consider is that most people who think they need a DP system in actual fact do not. A single in-tank pump with HW harness, FMFPR and / or BAP can support upwards of 700RWHP. Please refer to this thread for more information: https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127433

Jack
Racetronix
Jack

I was wondering if you could maybe be able to make me a custom Dual 340 intank if possible? I could send my tank if needed and could you let me know a price? I am in no hurry so if it take you guys a little while thats fine

I am hoping to have around 750+rwhp so I am just trying to be on the safe side
Old 02-27-2004, 12:33 PM
FormerVendor

Thats funny everytime I have called to order your products Someone tells me you don`t offer anything at this time. So I ended up making my own. If you have I would be buying it from you instead I do like your products.

Thanks Nate

Thanks Nate

Jack
Racetronix
Old 02-27-2004, 02:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Jack

I was wondering if you could maybe be able to make me a custom Dual 340 intank if possible? I could send my tank if needed and could you let me know a price? I am in no hurry so if it take you guys a little while thats fine

I am hoping to have around 750+rwhp so I am just trying to be on the safe side
What year car do you have? If you have a 98' car making your own dual setup is not that difficult really as it doesn't have a fuel bucket that everything has to fit into - it's pretty easy. If this is the case check out BlackLS1TA's dual Walbro setup by doing a search. Another option is that you could aquire a 98' metal tank with a 98' sending unit and just make your own dual setup.

I will back Jack up on this also as I actually have a custom dual Racetronix setup for the 99 and up cars - which has the second pump set up to come on through a manual toggle switch, but you can use a hobbs switch if you want it to be boost referenced for FI. It's a nice setup with a full harness. You don't need to send your tank in, you just take out your stock sending unit and send it to them and they will in turn return your modified sending unit back with the dual pumps and a harness. It is custom though, so who knows if they have time for this or not, keep trying to get a hold of them. So far I personally have found the Racetronix support to be very helpful and prompt.
Old 02-27-2004, 04:09 PM
TECH Regular

this is for a 2001 SS

if you were able to get one why is it so hard for others like myself to get one? I tried to email you guys at racetronix but not 1 response????????????/
Old 02-27-2004, 04:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

this is for a 2001 SS

if you were able to get one why is it so hard for others like myself to get one? I tried to email you guys at racetronix but not 1 response????????????/
ARE was helping out as a go between with Racetronix for awhile with the custom setup, but I don't think that is the case any more. The one I have I purchased used through a board member, but I think he initially ordered it through ARE. Not for sure, but that's what I think.

If you are desperate and can't wait, if you have some decent shade tree mechanic skills and some time you can build a dual setup yourself.... it is kind of a pain, but it can be done. Check in the fuel system forum and do a search on "dual Walbro 340's." Couple of guys built their own systems and posted it up. The main problem is getting both pumps into the fuel bucket, but with some ingenuity it can be done. You can't really let the tank get very empty (lower than 3/4) with this setup however, as the fuel bucket will not really function anymore like it was designed to do pulling fuel from the bottom of the tank into the bucket.

Another option for you could be to get an aluminum race tank from speed inc. that has a sump built into it and then just go with a large external pump like an Aeromotive and new fuel lines. That kind of a setup can support 1000+ HP.
Old 02-27-2004, 07:16 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by JF WS6
Another option for you could be to get an aluminum race tank from speed inc. that has a sump built into it and then just go with a large external pump like an Aeromotive and new fuel lines. That kind of a setup can support 1000+ HP.
thanks thats good to know.

about how much for that set up from speed inc?

I dont ever plan to get to 1000hp but I plan to run a 300 shot later on and that should be around 800rwhp

also I like to take a trip once in a while to Reno (300 miles) would I have any problems? What I mean is can that tank hold as many gallons as a stock one?
Old 02-27-2004, 08:17 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Nate, I can not recall ever talking with you on the phone about DP's or anything else for that matter. Racetronix product is only sold through authorized dealers or select items via our web page. I have a list of 250+ dealers that would like to get on board with Racetronix but most are small operations which only a need a couple products here or there or only order when they have a sale. Racetronix is trying to keep its focus on design and manufacturing. To be able to cater to 250+ dealers would cut into our resources / productivity and increase our cost of doing business. To solve this problem Racetronix is working on setting up a warehouse distributor in the US who will stock the full Racetronix product line. This WD will be able to better support small to medium size dealers and at the same time offer other manufacturer's products, credit terms, 1st tier product support etc. Hopefully this will be implemented within the next two months. Once our WD is setup Racetronix will be in a better position to release many dormant/existing and some new products . Racetronix will maintain our current list of dealers listed on our web page. Some of these dealers specialize in niche markets which is important for product development and customer support.

I might have a short term solution to the F-99+ DP demand problem which hopefully will not come back to bit me in the a$$. A while back I sold a DP harness & hardware to a LS1TECH member named James. James from what I have been told has had good success with the installation and improved pump performance. I am entertaining the idea of offering a kit which includes the pumps, pump coupler, filter socks, PnP DP harness, Hobb's pressure switch assembly and assorted hardware. We do not have the time to make a detailed manual right now so it would be assumed that anybody buying this kit would have the required skill and tools to deal with the modification of the fuel module in order to fit the pumps and the installation of the PnP harness.

Does this interest you SStroked 410?

>WEB SITE<
Old 02-27-2004, 09:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

I might have a short term solution to the F-99+ DP demand problem which hopefully will not come back to bit me in the a$$. A while back I sold a DP harness & hardware to a LS1TECH member named James. James from what I have been told has had good success with the installation and improved pump performance. I am entertaining the idea of offering a kit which includes the pumps, pump coupler, filter socks, PnP DP harness, Hobb's pressure switch assembly and assorted hardware. We do not have the time to make a detailed manual right now so it would be assumed that anybody buying this kit would have the required skill and tools to deal with the modification of the fuel module in order to fit the pumps and the installation of the PnP harness.

Jack,

I think this would actually go over pretty well with a lot of people on this board and others since they can't get this setup preassembled. The addition of the DP harness would definately be helpful to many people as the wiring frequently is the biggest PIA with building a DIY DP setup. If one person did a write up with pictures (LS1howto style) on installing your DP kit idea that would take care of having to make a manual.

I think it sounds like a great idea!
Old 02-27-2004, 09:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks thats good to know.

about how much for that set up from speed inc?

I dont ever plan to get to 1000hp but I plan to run a 300 shot later on and that should be around 800rwhp

also I like to take a trip once in a while to Reno (300 miles) would I have any problems? What I mean is can that tank hold as many gallons as a stock one?
Speed Inc. has an entire race fuel system you can purchase that has everything you need if you are interested. It's around $1300 total with the drag fuel tank.

Here's the link: http://www.ls1speed.com/catagory.cfm?catagory=fuel

Speed Inc Race Fuel System Kit - 2
900HP Race Fuel System includes:

-Aluminum Sumped Race tank
-Bosch 420L 900+HP pump
-Billet Filter w/stainless element
-Billet Fuel Pressure regulator (boost ready)
-Billet LS1 or LT1 rails
-Autometer 0-100 Fuel pressure gauge
-All necessary braided lines and fittings

Includes everything needed from start-to-finish

-For Aeromotive Comp Eliminator pump, add $100
Old 02-28-2004, 12:09 PM
TECH Regular

[/font]
that sounds pretty good, I installed my walbro 340 with the help of a friend and it wasnt too bad. I dont think this would much harder but I could be wrong?

So how much are we talking?

. You can't really let the tank get very empty (lower than 3/4) with this setup
why is this? Damn I dont want to always have to worry about if I am on a lil cruise or whatever and I cant ever let it get lower then 3/4 tank

also what would be better to have the dual pumps on all the time or have it come on with a switch? I like idea of it always being on since I got to mess with my n20, bottle heater, and electric cut outs switches. I just would hate to forget to put the pump on with a 250 shot and then.....
Old 02-28-2004, 12:42 PM
TECH Resident

I would consider perhaps wiring up the second pump via relay to your n2o arming solenoid, so it won't go on until you are ready to rock.
Old 02-28-2004, 12:49 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by ChevyThunder17
I would consider perhaps wiring up the second pump via relay to your n2o arming solenoid, so it won't go on until you are ready to rock.
The second pump is usually wired to come on with the N2O activation switch.

>WEB SITE<

Quick Reply: Can anyone sell me dual 340 intank RACETRONIX pumps?