W2W's first group purchase!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 10:24 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default W2W's first group purchase!

Looking for a 402 inch LS2 short block built by one of the best in the business?

In honor of our new crate engine line up we are offering 4 of our new short blocks to you horsepower hungry LS1 tech members.

Built with some of the finest parts available from Callies, Mahle, and our pain staking attention to detail and experience our 402 cubic inch LS2 short block consists of

Callies 4" stroke 4340 forged crank

Callies "Compstar" 6.125" forged connecting rod

Mahle 4" bore 12 cc dished forged piston

Clevite and Federal Mogul bearings

Plasma moly rings

LS2 aluminum engine block

Assembled and ready for your cylinder heads, camshaft, and other supporting parts.

The gp is limited to 4 short blocks first come first serve.

Price on the short block is $4799.00

WITH FREE SHIPPING AND ONE SET OF MLS HEAD GASKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!

With todays fuel costs and shipping price raises this will save you between 300 and 500 dollars with the gaskets.

Feel free to call and order or you can visit our online store and order there.
Here is a link to the short block

http://www.w2wpowertrain.com/pc-76-7...ort-block.aspx

Thanks for reading.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you build a 347? What would that run?
Old 11-17-2005, 11:33 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

stock crank?
Old 11-17-2005, 11:50 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Kev@WheeltoWheel
stock crank?
Well something compareable to all the other forged shortblock from the other sponsors.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:59 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by a98ws6
Well something compareable to all the other forged shortblock from the other sponsors.

Most of the other short blocks in that cubic inch range I see mostly use cheaper parts with a stock crankshaft.

Although they make a fine product we like to use what we consider higher quality parts in our builds so anything we do will tend to cost a little more in the long run and since it strays from the group purchase in this thread a shipping charge would still apply.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Whoever gets these will be some lucky guys... Looks like a killer deal for a W2W built block!
Old 11-17-2005, 02:06 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Thanks for the kind words Toonz.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

What does a boost ready short block cost?
And will there be a introductory sale on those?
Old 11-17-2005, 02:51 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by 96Z28SS
What does a boost ready short block cost?
And will there be a introductory sale on those?
We are still firming up the combination for the boost ready version and it should be available shortly.

It will consist of higher quality parts and possibly billet caps to withstand some power.

I will post any information I have on it here once it is ready.

Thanks for asking.
Old 11-17-2005, 03:17 PM
TECH Resident

Very nice! Now if I can just find $5k I'll be set
Old 11-17-2005, 06:35 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by a98ws6
I second that. I sent you an email a month ago regarding this with no response. I'm looking for one for my supercharger and don't want all the best but something good. A budget 347 forged block.

Please PM me some pricing. I would pick up.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:26 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by WHPLASH
I second that. I sent you an email a month ago regarding this with no response. I'm looking for one for my supercharger and don't want all the best but something good. A budget 347 forged block.

Please PM me some pricing. I would pick up.
Looking back through my emails I don't see anything regarding this. Did I send a reply asking for more information regarding your combination?
Old 11-18-2005, 09:40 AM
9 Second Club

Dont mind paying extra for good parts.... but I would suggest that if you offer a GP with a cost of over 1000$ more then your comp then I would spend more money explaining why the parts are worth more.... ie: capable of safe 900RWHP vs: 700RWHP for the other parts.

Just my 2c from a intrested buyer looking for best bang for buck. That doesnt always mean the cheapest... but it does mean best for the money purchase (Is it worth the extra 1k)
Old 11-18-2005, 10:12 AM
10 Second Club

Nope, no reply. I was on your website and sent a direct email to the address on there. I twas about a month ago.

Here is my email

dkane@bdc-inc.com
Old 11-18-2005, 10:35 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by longrange4u
Dont mind paying extra for good parts.... but I would suggest that if you offer a GP with a cost of over 1000$ more then your comp then I would spend more money explaining why the parts are worth more.... ie: capable of safe 900RWHP vs: 700RWHP for the other parts.

Just my 2c from a intrested buyer looking for best bang for buck. That doesnt always mean the cheapest... but it does mean best for the money purchase (Is it worth the extra 1k)
Point taken.

At a simple glance of the parts in our engines and comparing prices of what others offer the difference in price is evident but I will go farther into depth.

During developent before we even consider dyno testing parts go through a inspection process which consists of inspecting and measuring a prospective product against our our criteria. Once we find a part that fits our criteria it is then tested on our dynos against another set of criteria. During our dyno testing we make many many pulls to determine max hp ability, and longevity projections. If it comes to a point that a part may break we have the part inspected to determine a reason for failure. As an example we have a Chinese type rod which broke during our development and are awaiting results as to why failure occured.

This is done with every part we use for every engine combination we put together from our high horsepower race applications to our crate engine line up.

With that said we inspected several crankshafts within many price ranges for our crate engines. The Callies crankshaft which retails somewhere in the 1500 dollar range met our standards as the cheapest crankshaft we wanted to use. Just this part alone can justify the increased cost compared to others.

In simplest form our process allows us to find the cheapest parts to obtain our goal and offer a high level of quality which we deem paramount to maintain a respected name as well as provide our customers something they can have confidence in.

With that said when purchasing an engine from us you can know we have spent many hours of testing and development on our dime to make sure you will have a worry free combination as long as it is installed correctly and the tune is up to snuff. Our engine builders are top notch and build with a surgical precise attention to detail that is hard to rival.

Our LS2 402 N/A inch crate is advertised to handle 800 hp at the flywheel.

Most know that many people have made more power without failure with these part combinations which is due to experience and tuning.

Our testing and development program as well as our staff here has allowed us to set the bar in the LS based engine world considering we are responsible for the fastest LS based forced induction engine and the fastest LS based N/A engine in drag racing today.

If you have anymore questions feel free to ask.

Last edited by Kev@WheeltoWheel; 11-18-2005 at 10:43 AM.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:37 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by WHPLASH
Nope, no reply. I was on your website and sent a direct email to the address on there. I twas about a month ago.

Here is my email

dkane@bdc-inc.com

I'm on it.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Kev@WheeltoWheel
Point taken.

At a simple glance of the parts in our engines and comparing prices of what others offer the difference in price is evident but I will go farther into depth.

During developent before we even consider dyno testing parts go through a inspection process which consists of inspecting and measuring a prospective product against our our criteria. Once we find a part that fits our criteria it is then tested on our dynos against another set of criteria. During our dyno testing we make many many pulls to determine max hp ability, and longevity projections. If it comes to a point that a part may break we have the part inspected to determine a reason for failure. As an example we have a Chinese type rod which broke during our development and are awaiting results as to why failure occured.

This is done with every part we use for every engine combination we put together from our high horsepower race applications to our crate engine line up.

With that said we inspected several crankshafts within many price ranges for our crate engines. The Callies crankshaft which retails somewhere in the 1500 dollar range met our standards as the cheapest crankshaft we wanted to use. Just this part alone can justify the increased cost compared to others.

In simplest form our process allows us to find the cheapest parts to obtain our goal and offer a high level of quality which we deem paramount to maintain a respected name as well as provide our customers something they can have confidence in.

With that said when purchasing an engine from us you can know we have spent many hours of testing and development on our dime to make sure you will have a worry free combination as long as it is installed correctly and the tune is up to snuff. Our engine builders are top notch and build with a surgical precise attention to detail that is hard to rival.

Our LS2 402 N/A inch crate is advertised to handle 800 hp at the flywheel.

Most know that many people have made more power without failure with these part combinations which is due to experience and tuning.

Our testing and development program as well as our staff here has allowed us to set the bar in the LS based engine world considering we are responsible for the fastest LS based forced induction engine and the fastest LS based N/A engine in drag racing today.

If you have anymore questions feel free to ask.

Damn Kev what a reply.
I was told to use only two places in MI when my shortblock that APE messed up was discovered. W2W was one of them.
That right there is what i like to see and know about a company im going to spent that kind of $$ with.

Kyle
Old 11-21-2005, 02:36 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
Damn Kev what a reply.
I was told to use only two places in MI when my shortblock that APE messed up was discovered. W2W was one of them.
That right there is what i like to see and know about a company im going to spent that kind of $$ with.

Kyle

Thanks Kyle.

Performance vehicles on a decent level during this time are quite an investment for sure not to mention the companies we look to for service.

I believe attention to detail is what nets the highest possible result. Our devlopment and testing allows added confidence in what we offer considering we are finding parts we like to use opposed from word around the campfire and we know they will work.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:48 PM
Staging Lane

Any deal for us guys that live in state and can drive over and pick it up...I certainly don't need the free shipping, how about a free install?
Old 11-22-2005, 08:37 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by topperge
Any deal for us guys that live in state and can drive over and pick it up...I certainly don't need the free shipping, how about a free install?

PM sent