Bogart PRICE INCREASE FORTHCOMING!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 12:26 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry
What does a Welded Floyd look like? Not finding it on his site.

Bottom left side in the P1 section.

For folks whom need pricing, you need to e-mail us using our e-mail link listed below my sig or in the "information" tab on our site which asks specific questions I need to know so I can build the wheels correctly for your car. Remember, we do not have part numbers, wheels are custom built for specific applications. Prices vary according to how we have to build them.

Steve
Old 01-22-2006, 12:27 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry
What does a Welded Floyd look like? Not finding it on his site.
On the SJM Site, go to Bogarts, go to P1, then scroll down, the bottom left column is the WF.
Old 01-22-2006, 02:23 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by CAT3
On the SJM Site, go to Bogarts, go to P1, then scroll down, the bottom left column is the WF.
Found them. Blind in one eye and can't see out of the other. I had a problem viewing the pic. They seem to jump around on me. I get one viewing and another comes along. Oh well, maybe it's my computer. Good looking wheels by the way. Wish I had a set!
Old 01-26-2006, 10:49 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by steve10
Regarding your comment of manufacturing low-end wheels, we do which I have stated earlier. If you like grinding calipers and using spacers, then we have a wheel for you...its far from what I'd recommend though, but it is available.
So what you are saying is that you dont manufacture a low end wheel?? Im sorry, but if you are going to manufacture a low end wheel... at least make it so it works.

All a lot of these guys are asking for, is a wheel that will work on MOST f-bodys... and a wheel that requires caliper grinding and spacers is NOT a wheel that works on most f-bodys. Make one that can simply be bolt on... and not a complete custom design, and I think two things will happen...

1. Most of the people here would STFU.

2. Sales would rise for the company due to the majority of the middle class people being able to buy a wheel from you that can be directly bolted on... without changes to the car, and without a custom design.

My .02 from an outsider stand point, with no biased opinion.
Old 01-28-2006, 12:47 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 30AnvZ28
So what you are saying is that you dont manufacture a low end wheel?? Im sorry, but if you are going to manufacture a low end wheel... at least make it so it works.

All a lot of these guys are asking for, is a wheel that will work on MOST f-bodys... and a wheel that requires caliper grinding and spacers is NOT a wheel that works on most f-bodys. Make one that can simply be bolt on... and not a complete custom design, and I think two things will happen...

1. Most of the people here would STFU.

2. Sales would rise for the company due to the majority of the middle class people being able to buy a wheel from you that can be directly bolted on... without changes to the car, and without a custom design.

My .02 from an outsider stand point, with no biased opinion.
I was just about to type the same exact thing. Why can you produce a lower quality wheel with the correct offset for fbodys? That would sell like crazy. Makes perfect sense to me. You would still have your high quality/polished wheels for the people that wanted the extra flash at the track. To me I'm not at the track to look good. I'm there to go fast. I'll put my street wheels/tires on if I want to look good.
Old 01-28-2006, 01:35 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 00silverz28
I was just about to type the same exact thing. Why can you produce a lower quality wheel with the correct offset for fbodys? That would sell like crazy. Makes perfect sense to me. You would still have your high quality/polished wheels for the people that wanted the extra flash at the track. To me I'm not at the track to look good. I'm there to go fast. I'll put my street wheels/tires on if I want to look good.
At this time re-developing a design that works very well for many applications it not in the future...unfortunately; it doesn't work well for the late model F-bodies BUT it works very well for other applications. Think about this, if we were to redesign our economy line of wheels for the F-body, isn't that still producing something totally custom for the late model F-body?

I personally focus on late model F-body designs...many are a direct result of folks like you on LS1tech from your feedback, we do listen. The one late design Floyds was even named after an LS1tech member!

We already have a wheel that is designed for the late model F-body. If you’re going to the track to go fast as you stated, want a direct bolt-on wheel which is the lightest on the market, then our P1 wheels would reap you the best benefit...if weight is most important as well as performance, we have the wheels for you. The benefits of using them over economy style wheels such as a prostar is there...it is not just an esthetic gain. There is a cost involved in producing the best products.
We cannot unfortunately meet everyone’s wallet. If you want the best, we are here. We take pride in the high-quality products produced and have made a name and reputation from creating outstanding wheels. The demand of our products have increased over the years, keeping up with the demand is a constant challenge.

I thank you all for your continued support,

Steve
Old 01-28-2006, 01:46 PM
TECH Resident

Well I just don't see why you can't develop a mass produced wheel with the correct off set to fit an fbody without having to grind the calipers. There is a demand for a reasonably priced wheel that fits correctly but nobody seems to want to produce it. I think it make good business sense to do it but I don't own the business so my opinion means nothing.
Old 01-28-2006, 02:07 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 00silverz28
Well I just don't see why you can't develop a mass produced wheel with the correct off set to fit an fbody without having to grind the calipers. There is a demand for a reasonably priced wheel that fits correctly but nobody seems to want to produce it. I think it make good business sense to do it but I don't own the business so my opinion means nothing.

Your opinion is VERY important. It is hard to justify the drastic tooling change as well as complete redesign of a wheel and keep the price down. It costs quite a bit of money to create a new design, perform FEA testing, live tests, as well as design modifications necessary.

Remember, we need to produce a product that is safe for the consumer. This takes quite a bit of testing and development. We cannot just create a new mold like a hood and sell it without testing. I hope you as well as others can understand the constraint we are working with.

Steve

Quick Reply: Bogart PRICE INCREASE FORTHCOMING!!!!