Strano Performance Lowering Springs-on sale, details inside.

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 02:26 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 140 Likes on 91 Posts

Marienville is Northeast of here about 25 miles.... I'm right off of I-80, Exit 78.
You can come pick them up if you like, since I wouldn't have to ship them a few bucks would be able to come off.

No more testing, all the testing is done, and there is no need for a version 2, but that's a nice try!

My concern is simple.... do you have shocks that can control lowering springs? If you don't, these aren't for you.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 10-11-2006, 03:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Sam for taking the time to talk to me Monday. Sam really knows his stuff guys, he took what I told him about my car and gave me some GREAT advice and cleared a lot of stuff up for me, and didn't try to sell me anything I didn't need! As soon as money permits I will be ordering those Koni SA's from you Sam, I think that will really help me A TON like you said, then it's the sway bar after that!!

Scott Goldsmith
Old 10-18-2006, 12:57 AM
10 Second Club

i have a question.... right now i have eibach pro springs, will these springs raise the car up any?
Old 10-18-2006, 10:37 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Well, by all accounts we've found a true 1.25-1.3" drop so far, which is just what I wanted. Not any of this claimed 1.3 and you end up 1.5-1.75" stuff.

I can't say if your particular car would change height, kind of depends how low it is now.... and no, not all cars are the same even if all the parts are the same.
Old 10-20-2006, 10:48 PM
TECH Resident

Sam,

After installing your springs, will I lose the factory rear lower control arm angle so that I'll have to install lower control arm brackets? Also, what are your recommended alignment settings for daily driving only? Thanks in advance for the info.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:29 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

You don't have to do anything. There are lots of cars lowered without brackets, mine included. You *might* have to, but you can't know that until you see if your car wheehops. Yes, the car will be lower, yes the angle will change. No, LCA brackets not REQUIRED.

Alignment information is in depth, and kept for customer use only I'm afraid. Sorry to do that, but too much of the info I give out is going elsewhere. The info has to be treated like a commodity since pricing is so similar from so many companies. You are buying support as well as product.
Old 10-26-2006, 03:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
You are buying support as well as product.
Awesome , Bump for the Champ
Old 10-28-2006, 06:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone else have more install pics and if so are they on the lower perc setting in the front?
Old 10-30-2006, 10:11 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Dude...

The lower perch is for stock springs only. If you run it with lowering springs you will be slammed into the ground because you get drop from the springs, and then the perch height as well. We'd be talking some 2" lower with my springs, and that's too far for handling or ride.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:47 AM
TECH Addict

Dude...

The lower perch is for stock springs only. If you run it with lowering springs you will be slammed into the ground because you get drop from the springs, and then the perch height as well. We'd be talking some 2" lower with my springs, and that's too far for handling or ride.
Some one replied in another thread how was I suppose to know I never installed them?
Old 10-30-2006, 12:12 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Yours it not a common question. The idea behind the lower perch height is so someone can lower the car slightly without having to change springs. That doesn't change depending on the lowering spring. I can understand you maybe not realizing this, but you have to be careful when you assume something, and it seems to me you assumed you could run a lower perch AND lowering springs, which is a bad, bad idea.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:39 PM
TECH Addict

Yours it not a common question. The idea behind the lower perch height is so someone can lower the car slightly without having to change springs. That doesn't change depending on the lowering spring. I can understand you maybe not realizing this, but you have to be careful when you assume something, and it seems to me you assumed you could run a lower perch AND lowering springs, which is a bad, bad idea.
No I just wanted to know if thats what people were doing I was not sure no one had mentioned anything about it. I thought the lower perch was to lower the height period wether it was a stock spring or some other spring that wasnt low enough for you. Some of the cars with the springs looked lower then others so I wanted to make sure. I could not know about the issue of the spring being too short for the lower perch cause ive never messed with a set of these springs or shocks. Its all good though my question is answered and I like the height of the red TA I have seen.

Last edited by SpdFrk1990; 10-30-2006 at 04:42 PM.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SpdFrk1990
No I just wanted to know if thats what people were doing I was not sure no one had mentioned anything about it. I thought the lower perch was to lower the height period wether it was a stock spring or some other spring that wasnt low enough for you. Some of the cars with the springs looked lower then others so I wanted to make sure. I could not know about the issue of the spring being too short for the lower perch cause ive never messed with a set of these springs or shocks. Its all good though my questioned is answered and I like the height of the red TA I have seen.
Don't worry dude. Sam can come off as abrasive, but there's a reason behind it; he doesn't bullshit people. He tells people what they need to hear rather than what they want to hear to try and make a quick buck. The guy is a suspension mad-man, and you should definitely trust what he says.

ttt for you Sam!
Old 10-30-2006, 04:41 PM
TECH Addict

Ive talked to Sam before on the phone he seems like a good guy and very helpfull.
Old 11-02-2006, 08:36 AM
10 Second Club

Sam,

I see someone posted about how well these worked for drag racing. And I assume knowing you they are designed with road racing in mind. So I'm wondering what you'd think of me swapping out my Eibach Pros for these, & adding some dbl adj HALs up front.

My setup does pretty good now for drag racing, but I'm looking for a little better launch performance - hence the new shocks. And I'm really planning to do an open road race next year....I mean it this time....really.....so as long as I' there I was thinking of adding your springs for better road race handling.

I know, you & others tell me I can't setup a car to do it all, but I'm stubborn.
Old 11-12-2006, 02:46 PM
On The Tree

How do these compare to the Eibach Pro Kit? Ride, handling, etc.?
Old 11-13-2006, 10:57 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Ride is largely determined by the shocks and more the rear spring rates over the fronts.

The rear springs are a bit stiffer than Pro-kits for the LS1, and are also linear and not as low. The result is a better ride as you stay off the bumpstops a bit more, but also the greater spring rate (again, just a bit too much is just bad) and the greater amount of suspension travel to the stops helps soften sharp blows. In front, the springs are similar to a lot of front springs, but 150 pounds more rate than the LS1 Pro-kit. Pro-kits aren't horrible springs, when teamed with good shocks they do pretty well. But they are more appropriate for those looking for the look over the right spring rate. Pro-kits are BETTER than some lowering springs out there, primarily the type that go up and over 200 lbs/in in the rear.

HAL's can't deal with my springs. HAL's are pretty crappy dampers in general, and being drag race oriented aren't meant to handle any kind of spring rate. If you are going to open road-race you don't do it on HAL's, regardless of the springs used. As for how mine drag. Fine. They are 150's in the rear and not slammed. You don't have a ton of spring to hurt weight transfer, and you don't come to a sudden stop in transfer when you slam onto the rear bumpstops either. As a matter of fact if you do your research (or I can tell you), you'll find that my springs aren't nearly as stiff as some, or as low as others. The combination of height and rate is what gives you workable suspension travel.
Old 11-17-2006, 07:14 PM
TECH Resident

from https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes/610398-strano-lowering-springs-my-2002-z28-before-after-pics-56k-not-ok.html

Here's BEFORE:

Here's AFTER:

Big difference, huh?
Old 11-25-2006, 01:12 AM
Teching In

Sam, are there any shocks besides koni (cheaper ones) that work well with your springs for a weekend cruiser, very rare track appearance.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:31 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Revalved Bilstein's @ $530 a set are the minimum that really work properly (because I valve them to do just that).

Quick Reply: Strano Performance Lowering Springs-on sale, details inside.