One week only: Save over $50 on LS1/6 custom programming

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 12:24 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One week only: Save over $50 on LS1/6 custom programming

From now, until the end of July, save big on LS1/6 or Gen III truck engine programming! For $199.99 you can get custom programming delivered to you on our exclusive hand-held programmer, the GT Tuner. No PCM swap necessary, no problems with crank relearn. Click here to find out why GT Tuner is the best way to get custom programming!

This is an unadvertised special on our website, so to get this special price, make sure you mention "LS1/6 special" when you order, and order before 07/31/2007.

Click here to order your custom programming now

(This special price is not valid with any other current specials from Trifecta Performance)

Last edited by VinceTrifecta; 07-23-2007 at 02:27 PM.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

A few questions, how can you get a good base tune with so many different mods? Like take for example my car with mods listed in signature. It's been roughly tuned by the previous owner but could use a little more, runs a little rich, but I don't know how much because i don't have a WB O2. And I sometimes have an issue with it dying with the A/C on. I need the rear o2's tuned out, Cags tuned out, AIR tuned out and my speedo recalibrated. I know the simple stuff can be fixed easily, but what about the tuning when someone does a H/C swap or just a cam swap? Thanks.
Old 07-23-2007, 01:41 PM
FormerVendor

Our base tunes come from our experience tuning different configurations on the dyno.

We have the ability to email you an updated program, if required. Recently, we had a customer that installed a low-restriction exhaust system on their car, and didn't like how much "popping" through the exhaust it exhibited. Naturally, this is a side effect of installing a low-restriction exhaust system, and some people like the extra popping, and some do not.

We emailed this customer an update with additional timing advance in the near-closed and closed throttle tables which resolved the issue.

We'll be the first to admit that the more "exotic" a setup is, the more likely it is that we'll need to make adjustments. That's why we designed the GT Tuner and loan it out to customers - to give us a mechanism for getting mail order tunes dialed in when it is needed.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow that sounds pretty good, in relation to my car since it has already been tuned almost all the way dialed in... can that scanner you loan out actually read the current tune and I send it back and you can re-adjust it and then I could re-flash the computer?
Old 07-23-2007, 02:20 PM
FormerVendor

Yes, our scanner first reads the current programming, and saves it in case it needs to be restored for any reason, then writes the new tune.

If you want to simply tweak the tune you have (and fix the other things you mention), we can do that too, as long as you're comfortable copying files to and from an SD card (which we will supply) with your PC.

Send me some email at vince@trifectaperformance.com and we can discuss further.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok I'll shoot you an email when I get home.
Thanks,
Jon
Old 07-29-2007, 05:31 PM
FormerVendor

Only a few days left to save on custom programming!
Old 08-07-2007, 08:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

this seems to be a pretty good alternative to a full out dynotune which i have to drive 2 1/2 hrs. to get. If we send you a list of mods are you able to figure it all in and whatnot before you send the programmer?
Old 08-07-2007, 10:46 PM
FormerVendor

Yes. If you want to send me email with your mods, I'll take a look and let you know. vince@trifectaperformance.com