Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Ravelco Anti-Theft Device is Designed to Thwart Those Who Want Your Car to Be Theirs

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2016, 11:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ravelco Anti-Theft Device is Designed to Thwart Those Who Want Your Car to Be Theirs

Ravelco Anti-Theft Device is Designed to Thwart Those Who Want Your Car to Be Theirs

If you live in a rough neighborhood or have to park the Camaro you've poured a fortune into in a shady part of town more often than you'd like to, take a look at this.

Read the rest on the LS1Tech.com homepage. >>
Old 03-12-2016, 01:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

Eh, nothing different than the starter kills that you find in aftermarket alarms. Which are kind of useless on,modern cars what with immobilizers being in every new car nowadays.

Besides, nowadays you want stuff that deters theft and protects the contents of the car.
Old 03-12-2016, 09:38 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 188 Likes on 142 Posts

This looks like a strange spam attempt (since that link is to an article on LS1Tech).

Many of your other posts are like this as well. If you work for IB, your name should be highlighted a different color.

Plus, this tech is old and was discussed on here years ago.
Old 03-15-2016, 11:24 AM
Launching!

Our cars already have immobilizers, so adding another one is not what I would choose to do. If you want to add abilities that our cars don't have, I suggest GPS tracking, or at the least, an alarm with an LED.

Believe it or not, the LED is the largest part of theft deterrent. The other thing to remember, is that no alarm in the world would stop a tow truck. No such thing as the perfect deterrent.
Old 03-15-2016, 12:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Just break a tab off of the fuel pump relay and plug it in.... No start Just have a good one for when you are ready to roll
Old 03-15-2016, 01:22 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 188 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Blownbayou
Just break a tab off of the fuel pump relay and plug it in.... No start Just have a good one for when you are ready to roll
Hidden switch would be easier/better to use.
Old 03-15-2016, 01:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

easier for sure, but why not hide in plain site
Old 03-15-2016, 02:04 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 278 Likes on 242 Posts

I had a 3rd generation Camaro where I hid the kill switch as part of the headlight switch. I never used the option to turn the **** all the way until it clicked to turn on the interior lights so I hijacked that wire on the back of the switch to control the fuel pump relay. When I parked the car, I would just turn the headlight **** all the way until it clicked and that would disable the relay... a kill switch hidden in plain sight.
Old 03-15-2016, 02:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Blownbayou
Good one....easier yet, pull the 10amp "cluster" fuse (driver side dash fuse box) and put it in your pocket. Car want roll over or anything.
Old 03-15-2016, 10:51 PM
TECH Addict

Imoblizing a car won't stop thieves, especially ones with tow trucks, gotta go air ride and lay it on the ground so it is physically immobile even if the wheels could roll, stops guys from getting jacks under the car, so they can't jack the wheels, or you know get a GARAGE, that helps too, but if crime really is that bad, I suggest MOVING.
Old 03-16-2016, 11:08 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
I had a 3rd generation Camaro where I hid the kill switch as part of the headlight switch. I never used the option to turn the **** all the way until it clicked to turn on the interior lights so I hijacked that wire on the back of the switch to control the fuel pump relay. When I parked the car, I would just turn the headlight **** all the way until it clicked and that would disable the relay... a kill switch hidden in plain sight.
That is an excellent idea! I've always like the idea of hidden starter kill switches. Did one for a coworker, where you had to push the cigarette lighter in before you could start the car. It did shut down the socket, so no lighter or charging function....

Quick Reply: Ravelco Anti-Theft Device is Designed to Thwart Those Who Want Your Car to Be Theirs