Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Great night last night! My Trans-Am vs. ACR dumdumdumdumdum, G8 GT, Audi S4,& modded 1.8T Jetta

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 12:54 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great night last night! My Trans-Am vs. ACR dumdumdumdumdum, G8 GT, Audi S4,& modded 1.8T Jetta

Well last night was an AWESOME night to say the least. Started out as a basic boring night with nothing much going on as usual. Decided to meet up with a friend of mine with a Mazda Speed 3. We meet up at the local McDonalds lol just to talk and stuff. Stayed there for a good hour or so before alot of shady people started showing up so we left and went down to the Weis grocery store parking lot. (Didn't want any police to come knowing some of those shady people had drugs and such) So we only stayed at the Weis lot for a few minutes and were about to call it a night. A friend with an Imprezza left, then the Speed 3 was leaving. As he was sitting at the light an orange dumdumdumdumdum drove by. The Speed 3 quickly made a right turn and chased the dumdumdumdumdum down. He calls me up a few mins later and says "Matt, come back to McDonalds quick." So I jump into my 01 Trans-Am WS6 and go back to McDonalds. The crowd cleared out and it was just the Speed 3, my T/A, and another friends car, and the dumdumdumdumdum. Now we notice it has ACR stickers by the doors and ACR seats in it. We go in and start talking to the owner of it, mostly the guy with the Speed 3 was talking to him. Asking him if he wanted to run and what not. The guy with the dumdumdumdumdum was heading home to NJ after snowboarding here in the Poconos and was going on the highway anyway. The Speed 3 driver was just saying "come on is just a station wagon." The guy with the dumdumdumdumdum was pretty cocky saying "Yeah I'll race but its going to be no contest, im gonna win." Now this pissed me off, you know him being soo cocky about his Neon. So I said "how do you feel about a bolt-on LS1 Trans-Am?" He kinda just shrugged his shoulders, smiled, and said we'll see.

So fast foward a few mins and we are all on the highway. The guy with the Speed 3 wanted him first, and told me if he starts loosing bad, he was just gonna move over and give me a go at him. So they race, the Speed 3 pulls him by maybe a length or so, they go again. Same result. Now I get a shot at him, we line up, honk, and go, and it wasen't pretty for the dumdumdumdumdum. I pull him pretty badly, so we line up again, I give him the jump and quicky reel him in and pass him. Me and the Mazda Speed then get off the next exit which happens to be Main Street in Stroudsburg. We talk a little and he heads home. I decided to get some gas, so I get $25 of premium at $2.13 a gallon for Shell V-Power which I was quite happy about, and even happier $25 near filled my tank. So then I go to the Wawa down the road just to see if someone I knew was there. As we were leaving we see an MKV GTI sitting there, blacked out lights and exhaust and what not. We start talking to the kids asking if they wanna run at all, and they get excited and tell us to head over to Perkins down the road. So we head over.

As we pull into the Perkins lot its packed with nice cars (not riced). A G8 GT, gutted MKIV Jetta with FMIC, GTI's, Hondas, etc. They kids with the MKV GTI said they were all on a cruise from NJ and ended up there. They were really cool kids, not bashing anything, joking around, having fun. They told me the guy with the Jetta w/ FMIC would deff. race, and the G8 GT. So we talk for a good 45 mins waiting for them to get done eatting. They come out, we decide I will race the G8 first, and then the Jetta. Next thing you know a silver Audi S4 rolls into the lot with 2 kids in it asking if anyone wants to race. I revv my car a bit and the others tell them to follow as we are about to go out right then.

We get onto the highway, the G8 next to me. I look in my mirror and see nothing but blue HID lights, yellow lights, etc. Looked sooo bad ***. Me and the G8 hit the straight away, honk, and go. I pull him by a few lengths and we slow back down, I wave for him to go. He goes and I catch him and pass him. We then make a U-Turn at a light to head back down the other side of the straight away. I wave for the next car, the S4 pulls up. We honked and took off, I pull him pretty good. I slow down and he flies past...car sounded sick! He slows down then too and we go again with the same results; the LS1 pulling. I then wave for the next car, the gutted MKIV Jetta with FMIC pulls up, we honk and I beat him pretty badly. We then rolled back into the Shell station next to Perkins and talk for a while. Everyone was really cool, no soar losers, no bashing, no nothing. They ask to see my car to see if I was only running what I told them. I gladly do and show them all I have done. (mods in sig) I then decide to call it a night as its around 1:30 A.M. The S4 then wanted to go again since he was heading the same way. We go again with the same results, me ahead everytime.

This was one of the best nights I've ever had, noone really around here has anything decent to race. I don't race often, but sometimes for fun. Just thought I'd share my story and although its long I hope you enjoy!
Old 12-06-2008, 01:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nice runs man, 4/4. While about 2 months ago $2.13/gal would have been awesome, its down to $1.55/gal around here! So awesome...except for its 7degrees and I havent driven my car in about a month and a half.

And while the cars in that parkinglot may not have been shitball rice...they are still ricers! Except for the G8.
Old 12-06-2008, 01:33 PM

Sounds like a fun time! Good job on all the kills!
Old 12-06-2008, 01:41 PM
TECH Regular

nice 4/4 doesnt get better then that
Old 12-06-2008, 02:01 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah I was sooo happy after 4/4 kills. I honestly didn't care if I won or loss, it was all for fun. Also yeah it was 15 degrees out or something rediculous like that, my car is going away very shortly, as soon as I pick up my winter beater in a few days.

Also the cars honestly weren't riced at all, well except a few of the Hondas lol. The S4 was very clean. And although I normally don't like VW's, the Jetta was pretty nice too. The G8 was sick though.

EDIT: Also every race I had 3 people in the car with me.

Last edited by 01 Trans-Am WS6; 12-06-2008 at 03:15 PM.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:55 PM
12 Second Club

Anyone know of any NJ auto forums? The kids told us some names, but I don't recall them..
Old 12-06-2008, 11:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sounds like a blast to me. Good kills.
Old 12-07-2008, 01:00 AM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

damn, I cant even get a kill a month and you get 4 in a day!!!!
Old 12-07-2008, 03:41 PM
Launching!

what color was the g8?
Old 12-07-2008, 04:42 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by hugger1975
damn, I cant even get a kill a month and you get 4 in a day!!!!
Believe me, in the past week I have gotten more races on the street then I have in pretty much the entire time I had the car. Day to day I always get NOTHING.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:43 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by TheTugBoat
what color was the g8?
G8 was dark grey I believe.