Old 02-23-2009, 01:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you shoulve responded "5.7 baby" lol what a tool nice kill
Old 02-23-2009, 01:41 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by TRMach1
What were they, parked on the side of the road? That's pure plain and simple. Stone cold dealership stock, I was making bolt-on LT1 fbods look like fools on the street, and on the track.
I'm gunna have to say thats some BS, there are quiet a few Bolt-on LT1's in the 12's. Did your car run 12's from the factory in 'Stone cold dealership stock form'?
Old 02-23-2009, 02:52 PM
On The Tree

Nice kill, My 95 Z28 run a 13.3 on nitto nt555 street tires, babying it out the hole by the previous owner. It is just bolt ons and 373 gears. With drag radials or slicks, and not breaking the rearend i think it could run high 12's.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:15 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bullet95z28
Nice kill, My 95 Z28 run a 13.3 on nitto nt555 street tires, babying it out the hole by the previous owner. It is just bolt ons and 373 gears. With drag radials or slicks, and not breaking the rearend i think it could run high 12's.
there we go! **** i ran a corrected time of 13.0 with a 2.2 60' in my bolt-on baby cam LT1 with a stock slipping tranny.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

if you can look past the drop in k&n filter, my bone stock time was 13.7 w/ a 2.0 60.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
I'm gunna have to say thats some BS, there are quiet a few Bolt-on LT1's in the 12's. Did your car run 12's from the factory in 'Stone cold dealership stock form'?
Damn close! Without trying real hard it went 13.1 on Goodyear Eagles with a full tank of gas.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:56 PM
12 Second Club

Damn close! Without trying real hard it went 13.1 on Goodyear Eagles with a full tank of gas.
well sir you are either a great driver or you've got a slight factory freak.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:00 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by Bullet95z28
there we go! **** i ran a corrected time of 13.0 with a 2.2 60' in my bolt-on baby cam LT1 with a stock slipping tranny.
I think that was the whole point of TRMach1's post, even if there are bolt-on LT1s in the 12s. His car was STOCK and ran a 13.1. Bullet's car was bolt-ons and 3.73s and ran a 13.3. PNY's car was bolt-ons and a small cam and ran a 13.0. Mach 1's are clearly the faster cars stock. So all the people with stock or near stock LT1s that say they beat Mach 1s all the time have their heads up their asses, or are running A4 Machs.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 13lu91rS
a stock lt car would beat him too. i only know this because ive done it.

cobra's and roush's and saleen's haha got a couple of each on the kill list.
I won't even go there.

Originally Posted by IZRED
I know anything can happen on the street. But how is it that a stock LT1 with 275-285 horsepower {depending what year} beat a stock 01 Cobra with 320 horsepower. LT1's weigh basically the same as those year Mustangs. Yes, I know there's the driver mod. But I'm talking about car against car.

Originally Posted by RaggedRides
Dig up some dyno numbers on stock 6-speed LT1s and '99/01 Cobras. You'll find comparable horsepower, but with the LT1 making more torque. Such Mustangs typically dyno about the same power and torque. For what it's worth, F-bodies usually make every bit the power the Corvettes do, but play victim to GM's ratings game. They're 300 horsepower cars.
comparable?...Uh, NO.

Originally Posted by IZRED
I dug up some dyno's, I couldn't find but one on the LT1. It was 253.xx hp./ 281.xx tq. For the 01' Cobra, I found 276.xx hp., 270.xx/ 290.xx tq., and 266.xx hp. Also, the Cobra that had 270.xx hp./ 290 tq. ran a 13.5 @ 105 in the quarter. The best I've ever heard of a LT1 is 13.9x. I had a 97' Z28, the best I had was 14.1. That was with a CAI. A LT1 doesn't look like it stacks up to a01' Cobra to me. And no, I'm not a Ford fanboy. I have a 2002 Camaro SS.

Originally Posted by Fas4d
So I guess by your reasoning the lt1 cars should beat 03-04 Mach 1's also?????
I didn't know lt1 f-bodys where as fast as ls1 f-bodys

Originally Posted by Swift_01_z-28
A stock 01 cobra is a good race for a stock ls1 f-body, I don't care what anyone tries to say, them's the breaks. BTW, good kill op, bet that lt1 runs good.
If you mean good as in driver's race.....on the street, I'll agree under those terms, but not car vs. car best case.

Originally Posted by RaggedRides

There's a pretty good list in the LTX section.

I mentioned how close a 6-speed LT1 and '99/01 Cobra can be on a dyno. Take it for what you may.
Uh....what Dyno's and What correction factor?.....I went through 3 pages and didn't see those mentioned. I did see one M6 that matched cobra's 'dyno racing' numbers. The other was an A4, the third didn't mention tranny. The rest weren't stock.

Originally Posted by ElkySS
.....iv never had any trouble with Mach 1s before my cam
Tread lightly on that one kid.

Originally Posted by mrbigjeep
yeah but we both know lt1's don't run consistent mid 13's like many 99/01 cobras do

Ben Ben Ben............you get a free pass cause I like ya, but I'm no hypocrite. You post ignorance, I'll still say something...it may be nicer, but I'll still say it.

I was wondering if you were going to reply.

Last edited by ponygt65; 02-23-2009 at 05:17 PM.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

well sir you are either a great driver or you've got a slight factory freak.
Uh...13.1s are known in M5s....but, He is a good driver.

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
I think that was the whole point of TRMach1's post, even if there are bolt-on LT1s in the 12s. His car was STOCK and ran a 13.1. Bullet's car was bolt-ons and 3.73s and ran a 13.3. PNY's car was bolt-ons and a small cam and ran a 13.0. Mach 1's are clearly the faster cars stock. So all the people with stock or near stock LT1s that say they beat Mach 1s all the time have their heads up their asses, or are running A4 Machs.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 96ta
you shoulve responded "5.7 baby" lol what a tool nice kill
NO ****.

I mean....5.4, what a fuggin moron. There was a craigslist ad locally for an 01 cobra and it listed a 5.4 as the motor. There was an anonymous follow up post bashing the dealership. LOL
Old 02-23-2009, 05:22 PM
11 Second Club

why should i "tread lightly?" im just stating that iv never been beat by a mach 1. dont have to go all ford nuthuggin an ****. at this point im not really worried about the majority of them and wouldnt hesitate to race one i saw on the street. they could very well be faster than my car stock, but we will never no now.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:22 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
ohh i totally agree stock for stock the Mach 1 should completely destroy the LT1, but with bolt-on's they are a good race for near stock Mach 1.

and for the record, im almost positive if my tranny wasn't slipping and i could hook worth beans, i'd be in the high 12's easy, Bolt on A4.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:25 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ponygt65
Ben Ben Ben............you get a free pass cause I like ya, but I'm no hypocrite. You post ignorance, I'll still say something...it may be nicer, but I'll still say it.
haha thanks.

Originally Posted by ponygt65
Uh...13.1s are known in M5s....but, He is a good driver.
again i'll admitt my ignorance in a way, but then again we could say then that LS1's are known for high 12's and i hate saying that. I was going along the lines of i dont think the average driver in a Mach 1 would pull a 13.1 very regularily.

good to learn about the enemy thou

Thanks
Old 02-23-2009, 05:28 PM
***Repost Police***

ANY driver should be able to run low-mid 13s in a 5spd Mach 1.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

why should i "tread lightly?" im just stating that iv never been beat by a mach 1. dont have to go all ford nuthuggin an ****. at this point im not really worried about the majority of them and wouldnt hesitate to race one i saw on the street. they could very well be faster than my car stock, but we will never no now.
Cause you're showing ignorance. Go all ford 'nuthuggin' 'an ****'?..... You're a lame *** for that comment alone.

Of course you're not worried, you're full bolt on and cammed. Of course, if you 'weren't worried' try being a man and go from a dig and none of this wussy "MY 10 bolt's going to break" after talking ****. YOu wanna be humble that's cool, but come on....seriously you're talking crap with a cammed, bolt on LT1 against a stock mach and won't go from a dig against any car?...

ANd Great job bragging on killing a new owner there Cool Guy. I hate arrogance no matter what they're driving but your attitude doesnt' seem to be all the better.
ohh i totally agree stock for stock the Mach 1 should completely destroy the LT1, but with bolt-on's they are a good race for near stock Mach 1.

and for the record, im almost positive if my tranny wasn't slipping and i could hook worth beans, i'd be in the high 12's easy, Bolt on A4.
bolt on.....dude, you have a cam....even if a baby cam...still power there. Actually, I would love to race you in my "OLD" dsg mach (I put that old in there just 4 you). LOL
Old 02-23-2009, 05:36 PM
11 Second Club

im not talking **** about anything. ur the one gettin all defensive. i never said all mach1s are slow, or anything of the nature. they can be a decent race at times.

if you read the whole post, it was the guy in the cobra talking ****, not me. pnyklr-ta isnt talking any **** either. why is it every time a mustang gets beat in the kill section, you have to jump in and defend it?
Old 02-23-2009, 05:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

haha thanks.

again i'll admitt my ignorance in a way, but then again we could say then that LS1's are known for high 12's and i hate saying that. I was going along the lines of i dont think the average driver in a Mach 1 would pull a 13.1 very regularily.

good to learn about the enemy thou

Thanks

high 12s is more common in an M6 LS Fbod that's for sure...I'll admit that first. But, we talkin' bout bolt on LTs FOO~!...

how's the GF thing going........
Old 02-23-2009, 05:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

im not talking **** about anything. ur the one gettin all defensive. i never said all mach1s are slow, or anything of the nature. they can be a decent race at times.

if you read the whole post, it was the guy in the cobra talking ****, not me. pnyklr-ta isnt talking any **** either. why is it every time a mustang gets beat in the kill section, you have to jump in and defend it?
I jump **** on anyone that posts ignorance REGARDLESS Of brand. If you had paid enough attention to my posts on this site, then you would have known that. I mean, I 'jump in and defend it' right?

As for pnyklr-ta (BEN).....I consider him a friend of mine and I'm just f'ing with him...again, if you read my posts you'd have seen that.

Regards to my comments to you, your context seemed that machs are no problem simply because you might have beaten one or two...you have given no details to any of those cars or races aside from 'I've had no problems before my cam'. Even if you had, one or two is certainly not the norm.

And I agree the cobra guy was arrogant and ignorant. I mean WHTF rev's, talks crap and doesn't want to race?..A TOOL!. And you said why...he came from a civic background.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:11 PM
11 Second Club

sry i dont follow you around ls1tech just so i know how to talk to you. i dont keep count of how many of what car i race. i race anything i think would be a good race (or just to embarrass a tool or a ricer)

Quick Reply: LT1 vs Cobra