Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Cheated out of a race with an NSX today...

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 08:26 PM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well you also have to understand the amount of technology and development that went into the car. I mean, fully forged internals and titanium connecting rods in 1991? The price definitely got a bit too high late in the run, but for the cars that it competed with (and beat) back when it came out it was a great deal. I mean, in everything but a straight line that thing made Corvettes look dumb and kept pace with all but the fastest Ferraris on the track. It just stayed out too long.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:34 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ballhawkdawk
The only thing wrong with it is that the performance doesn't justify the price. That's why people dog it so much. If it were priced accordingly and import fanboys didn't get a boner every time "NSX" is mentioned, then no one would give a ****.
But thats just the thing..Back in 2002 the nsx ran 12.9 at 111 mph in road and track.....And from a roll it will put 4 cars on a ls1 camaro...And gave my 99 viper a good run from 70-140 mph loosing by 3 cars..Me and my friend were very surprised that a 290HP car could hang so well with a 450 HP car..They areactually a bit faster than people think..hell in 2002 any car that could hit 12's stock was VERY fast...

As far as the Honda comment..the only honda NSX's are made in Japan for Japan..All american NSX's are made by Acura...Sure acura is just a fancy word for high end honda to you and me but to the average person acura is a pretty good brand just a lil shy of bmw ect.

One thing I hated about my vette or Vipers was when people asked what is it and I said Viper/vette ect. and then they said wow..Kool car who makes it???And I said Chevy or Dodge you could see thembecome a little less impressed...This was especially true with the Vipers..people have herd the term Viper car before and think it's a 150K car...So when they find out it's a dodge ( probally the crappiest american car producer as in "cheap dodge" they become unimpressed quickly..

With the nsx they ask who makes it and I say Acura...Wich is far away from Audi ect. But has a bit more weight than dodge/chevy..

I have never owned a Honda in my life and never will...Everything from my steering wheel to registration says Acura on my nsx..

Unfortunetly some die hard ricers buy an american nsx and change out the steering wheel and decals ect. from Acura to Honda...Disgusting IMHO but to each their own
Old 03-06-2009, 10:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Huh? I understand the rest of your post, but that one eludes me.
that was a joke.....
and saying you will never buy a honda but you own an acura is like me saying I will never buy a gm but I drive a camaro.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:17 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Killemall
But thats just the thing..Back in 2002 the nsx ran 12.9 at 111 mph in road and track.....And from a roll it will put 4 cars on a ls1 camaro...And gave my 99 viper a good run from 70-140 mph loosing by 3 cars..Me and my friend were very surprised that a 290HP car could hang so well with a 450 HP car..They areactually a bit faster than people think..hell in 2002 any car that could hit 12's stock was VERY fast...

As far as the Honda comment..the only honda NSX's are made in Japan for Japan..All american NSX's are made by Acura...Sure acura is just a fancy word for high end honda to you and me but to the average person acura is a pretty good brand just a lil shy of bmw ect.

One thing I hated about my vette or Vipers was when people asked what is it and I said Viper/vette ect. and then they said wow..Kool car who makes it???And I said Chevy or Dodge you could see thembecome a little less impressed...This was especially true with the Vipers..people have herd the term Viper car before and think it's a 150K car...So when they find out it's a dodge ( probally the crappiest american car producer as in "cheap dodge" they become unimpressed quickly..

With the nsx they ask who makes it and I say Acura...Wich is far away from Audi ect. But has a bit more weight than dodge/chevy..

I have never owned a Honda in my life and never will...Everything from my steering wheel to registration says Acura on my nsx..

Unfortunetly some die hard ricers buy an american nsx and change out the steering wheel and decals ect. from Acura to Honda...Disgusting IMHO but to each their own
This is hilarious to me.

Oh no! Somebody doesn't like my car! You want everybody to jerk off to it?

Oh and just because your "fancy" acura isn't badged a honda doesn't make it less of a honda. But if that makes you feel better about yourself that's what cars are for, right?

This post has Pompous written all over it and it's pathetic.

This thread took a gigantic crap on itself.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Well you also have to understand the amount of technology and development that went into the car. I mean, fully forged internals and titanium connecting rods in 1991? The price definitely got a bit too high late in the run, but for the cars that it competed with (and beat) back when it came out it was a great deal. I mean, in everything but a straight line that thing made Corvettes look dumb and kept pace with all but the fastest Ferraris on the track. It just stayed out too long.
*made base model C5s look like a good deal at half the price, and were embarrassed by Z06s...
Old 03-07-2009, 12:52 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
*made base model C5s look like a good deal at half the price, and were embarrassed by Z06s...
Emphasis on "when it came out"
Old 03-07-2009, 01:54 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LSWHO
This is hilarious to me.

Oh no! Somebody doesn't like my car! You want everybody to jerk off to it?

Oh and just because your "fancy" acura isn't badged a honda doesn't make it less of a honda. But if that makes you feel better about yourself that's what cars are for, right?

This post has Pompous written all over it and it's pathetic.

This thread took a gigantic crap on itself.
Hell yea I like rolling in a car that people drool over..Sue me..Im 30 years old and have been married for 11 years and have 5 children and a demanding career that leaves me little time for anything lately..

When I get into my past vette or Vipers or current nsx I feel..I dont know man..Like a kid with all the time in the world..In the Viper/nsx I pull up to a gas station and get a brief glimpse of what a rock star feels like every day...

If thats arrogant or what ever then fine..Because yes I could have easily gotten a twin turbo GTO or Twin Turbo C5 vette for less than the Vette/Vipers/nsx...And had a car that would propell me down the 1320 in 10 seconds at 130 mph...

But it wouldnt give me the thrills that I get from the Vipers/nsx..

Life can get pretty repetitive..Having an exotic car helps spice tings up...
Old 03-07-2009, 04:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 98gsr-t<lsx
Out of pure curiosity what is wrong with Honda? Lets forget about the fact that GM is taking all our money and flushing it down the toilet, that they are about to drop Pontiac altogether, that they will not make these performance versions of cars anymore, and they are making less and less corvettes. I mean I realize Honda obviously makes some of the worse cars you could ever buy (despite that between them and Toyota they sell the most) but I mean come on!
nothing is wrong with honda. its just a personal thing. honda makes some fantastic cars. i'd recommend quite a few of them to anyone... just not for me.

Huh? I understand the rest of your post, but that one eludes me.
he was being sarcastic
Old 03-07-2009, 04:54 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by BobDoLe
nothing is wrong with honda. its just a personal thing. honda makes some fantastic cars. i'd recommend quite a few of them to anyone... just not for me.
And that's a great attitude to have. Some cars just aren't for everyone, but you don't cover it up with "Honda/imports sucks!!"
Old 03-07-2009, 08:54 PM
12 Second Club

And that's a great attitude to have. Some cars just aren't for everyone, but you don't cover it up with "Honda/imports sucks!!"
i understand most the thing you say about cars, ive owned a honda ran nitrous through it all the time, it was a good car.
just never like it not being abe to get kick sideways and breaking axles more than most break 10 bolts. i do like to get in on all the argument made bout them on this fourm. guess it makes me a hipacrate..
hell my best friend has a lime green 01 civic with lambo's that i dislike alot but he likes it and im still his friend..lol he even has a bagged sunfire that just cracks me up
Old 03-07-2009, 09:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've always thought the NSX was overpriced. For those of us who aren't rich its all about the bang for the buck, and the NSX fails horrible in that category. Even if I did decide to spend that much on a car it wouldn't be a 290 hp Honda. Just better choices out there. Just my opinion.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:50 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by rocksws6
I've always thought the NSX was overpriced. For those of us who aren't rich its all about the bang for the buck, and the NSX fails horrible in that category. Even if I did decide to spend that much on a car it wouldn't be a 290 hp Honda. JUST BETTER CHOICES OUT THERE. Just my opinion.
ya like a 03 cobra
Old 03-07-2009, 10:47 PM
***Repost Police***

It really all has to do with what you are wanting out of the car as well.
Old 03-08-2009, 12:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rocksws6
I've always thought the NSX was overpriced. For those of us who aren't rich its all about the bang for the buck, and the NSX fails horrible in that category. Even if I did decide to spend that much on a car it wouldn't be a 290 hp Honda. Just better choices out there. Just my opinion.
Originally Posted by IMgettingLS1
ya like a 03 cobra
Not sure if you were agreeing or disagreeing with me but a Cobra isn't exactly in the same price range as a NSX. I was thinking more along the lines of a Z or a Viper or even a M3, all cars in that range I would take over a NSX. Then again I would take a Cobra over a NSX as well. I don't have any use for a NSX. Unless I just wanted to look cool. Right Killemall?

J/K
Old 03-08-2009, 01:22 AM
Teching In

Well just say that then lol.
Old 03-08-2009, 01:42 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Killemall
Hell yea I like rolling in a car that people drool over..Sue me..Im 30 years old and have been married for 11 years and have 5 children and a demanding career that leaves me little time for anything lately..

When I get into my past vette or Vipers or current nsx I feel..I dont know man..Like a kid with all the time in the world..In the Viper/nsx I pull up to a gas station and get a brief glimpse of what a rock star feels like every day...

If thats arrogant or what ever then fine..Because yes I could have easily gotten a twin turbo GTO or Twin Turbo C5 vette for less than the Vette/Vipers/nsx...And had a car that would propell me down the 1320 in 10 seconds at 130 mph...

But it wouldnt give me the thrills that I get from the Vipers/nsx..

Life can get pretty repetitive..Having an exotic car helps spice tings up...
So instead of enjoying your family and watchin your kids grow up, you're wrecking Vipers, and putting your life in danger on the streets for thrills?
Old 03-08-2009, 03:22 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ROWDYZ28
For starters not all people that don't know how to race are *******. Secondly, there's a time and place for roll racing and it serves a purpose in certain situations. Wouldn't life be boring if there was only "ONE" type of racing??? I really feel for you that you are in a area surrounded by "roll racing ****** idiots." Now about your spinning issue...learn to drive your car and maybe you would stand a better chance. Until then, stick to roll racing "******"
Yes there is one type of racing! Its called drag racing.......Do you see rolls at the track?(don't bring the street BS thing into it)! You wanna role, go find a cheap hooker! Sorry been! rant over
Old 03-08-2009, 03:42 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by nick1ta
Yes there is one type of racing! Its called drag racing.......Do you see rolls at the track?(don't bring the street BS thing into it)! You wanna role, go find a cheap hooker! Sorry been! rant over
Nascar?
Old 03-08-2009, 05:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by johnniereb08
So instead of enjoying your family and watchin your kids grow up, you're wrecking Vipers, and putting your life in danger on the streets for thrills?
he probably has a huge life insurance policy.

personally, i know if i ever find myself screaming my final "oh ****!", in the back of my head I'll at least know my stupidity was well hedged.
Old 03-08-2009, 11:18 AM
Teching In

he probably has a huge life insurance policy.

personally, i know if i ever find myself screaming my final "oh ****!", in the back of my head I'll at least know my stupidity was well hedged.
I would hope so...