Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice
View Poll Results: Do you go WOT on a highway street-race when the roads clear enough ahead of you?
YES! I want to hear the awesomeness of my car as I destroy the other guy.
83.33%
No, fear of traction.
2.78%
No, fear of loud exhaust.
0%
No, fear of loud exhaust and traction.
2.78%
STREET RACINGS DANGEROUS! Think of the tickets!
11.11%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Missed 2 Vettes, but got a prick M3 instead

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 08:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Missed 2 Vettes, but got a ***** M3 instead

It's been a long day, waking up at 6 (usually get up at 9) for a 3hour morning class and then having a physics exam and a bio exam. So leaving campus at around 6, I'm pretty tired obviously after classes/cramming/exams, I'm looking forward to a nice drive home.
I get onto a street right before an on ramp to the highway. As I'm rolling up, I see a tricked out yellow C6 about three cars up. He seemed to be driving pretty aggressively so I wanted to catch up to him to see what he'd do. I see him roll out when it turns green, but he took the other exit to the left and I wasn't in the mood for missing my exit and chasing after him. So I continue in the far right lane to the split to the on ramp (it's not really an on ramp, but where the highway starts). When it turns into two lanes, I want to cut into the left cause there was a CRV driving like a granny infront, but a bigass van is in the left lane with his right signal on. I made room for him and waited like 30 seconds, he didn't budge. So I rammed the gas and tailed the CRV and jumped ahead of the van out of frustration. As soon as I did that, I looked in the rear-view as I always do looking out for the po-po. Instead I see this silver bimmer do my exact move and starts riding my tail. I was driving normally because two slow cars were blocking both lanes. So I waited for the MDX infront of me to move up enough for me to cut right. I made my move and sped up back to my normal cruise speed. About 5 seconds later I see the bimmer do the same and is gunning to my rear, to cut the MDX and speed off. I didn't like his attitude so I put the shifter to 3 and rammed to 3/4s throttle. I put a car between us, but he is catching up slightly, probably at WOT. Both lanes were clear ahead for about a 1/4mile till an onramp. I see him creeping up thinking he's getting the best of me. With about half a length inbetween, I say screw it and waste him. I push to 7/8s throttle and start pulling him. Since I had cars coming up from an onramp, I shut it down at ~120 with 3-4 lengths on him and brakkkkke for cars turning into my lane. I didn't cut over to the left cause the ***** did a ricer flyby (saw it was an M3)and went ahead cutting off cars in traffic. I never go 100% on the throttle because I don't trust my tires/potholes and I think the car attracts too much attension at WOT. Satisfied, I just cruised normally all the way home. Until I saw another C6 (silver) cruising in my rearview later on. He wasn't fooling around, but I tried to slow down for him to get next to me, but he just hung back.

Oh, and I saw a big accident involving two Mustangs, a Saab, and one other car on the way to school. My guess is the Stangs were racing. The cars were pretty well damaged. One was a 'vert.

Summary: Rolled out of school to see a yellow C6 only instead he took another exit. As I took my exit, ***** BMW tries to get up on me, so I floor it on him was waste him, ending with him ricer flybying. Saw a silver C6 later on, but he wasn't game.

Last edited by KnightmareCS; 03-19-2009 at 08:51 PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:04 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

C6's suck
Old 03-19-2009, 09:07 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
C6's suck
lol i don't see anything wrong with them.
i suck with online sarcasm, btw.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:15 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by KnightmareCS
lol i don't see anything wrong with them.
i suck with online sarcasm, btw.
They are usually driven by old guys (50+) or women and they never race. I am pretty sarcastic at times too btw, nothing personal.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:18 PM
Staging Lane

that's true 95% of the time, but the ones who are game should be fun.
no offense taken haha. if i'm responding quick, it's cause i have email notification and I respond on commercials for bullrun.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

They are usually driven by old guys (50+) or women and they never race. I am pretty sarcastic at times too btw, nothing personal.
but thats good, isnt it?

you know that its not beat to **** when you buy it used
Old 03-19-2009, 09:43 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by black_phoenix
but thats good, isnt it?

you know that its not beat to **** when you buy it used
good point, but i don't see many young 2nd owners on the road
Old 03-19-2009, 10:08 PM
Teching In

good point, but i don't see many young 2nd owners on the road
And a lot of old people are stingy on the pricing...
Old 03-19-2009, 10:21 PM
Staging Lane

The old dudes driven z0's are cool to run cause they usually have the grin and are almost always game to for a run. Yeah c6 folks or even the normal c5 people are stuck up jackass's to me. Nice rip on the M3 even though i love those beamers most of them are driven by ******.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:29 PM
Teching In

Well, I saw a grey haired dude driving a c6 today.. going the other direction. I did not get a good look at it bc he was second at the light going to other way. So, I setup to hang a U turn. After getting caught up to him I see its a c6-z06 (after we clear traffic by slow acceleration to 80+). I dont even kid myself into thinking I have any reason to press it anymore.

I imagine this old guy still knew what that right pedal was for...

Actually, it was about 5 mins after a quick run with an Eagle Talon that the guy said made 430 at the tires and had 23psi. He barely began to pull on me in 4th.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:30 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by FrkEBz06
The old dudes driven z0's are cool to run cause they usually have the grin and are almost always game to for a run. Yeah c6 folks or even the normal c5 people are stuck up jackass's to me. Nice rip on the M3 even though i love those beamers most of them are driven by ******.
hah, you're right about old dudes in z06s. they're game, but i'm not sure about the grin part. the guy in the Z i raced wasn't really mr. happy. he just stared straight ahead the whole time.
thanks lol. they're nice cars, wouldn't mind my dad getting an old e38. i think they're mostly driven by rich kids who think they're hot ****. but the one i raced seemed like an older dude. not old old, but not a kid.

Originally Posted by 89rs400&335
Well, I saw a grey haired dude driving a c6 today.. going the other direction. I did not get a good look at it bc he was second at the light going to other way. So, I setup to hang a U turn. After getting caught up to him I see its a c6-z06 (after we clear traffic by slow acceleration to 80+). I dont even kid myself into thinking I have any reason to press it anymore.

I imagine this old guy still knew what that right pedal was for...
very nice that you caught upto him after hanging a Uey, don't really see people catch up that quick. one question though, you ran slowly till 80+ and shut down?

Last edited by KnightmareCS; 03-19-2009 at 10:36 PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:36 PM
Teching In

hah, you're right about old dudes in z06s. they're game, but i'm not sure about the grin part. the guy in the Z i raced wasn't really mr. happy. he just stared straight ahead the whole time.
thanks lol. they're nice cars, wouldn't mind my dad getting an old e38. i think they're mostly driven by rich kids who think they're hot ****. but the one i raced seemed like an older dude. not old old, but not a kid.
Ah, the E38 is a 7 series. The E36 is the 92-99 3series and the E39 is the 1998-2002 5 series.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:37 PM
Staging Lane

Ah, the E38 is a 7 series. The E36 is the 92-99 3series and the E38 is the 1998-2002 5 series.
yep, i know that. i was just saying bmw in general are nice cars
Old 03-19-2009, 10:38 PM
Teching In

very nice that you caught upto him after hanging a Uey, don't really see people catch up that quick. one question though, you ran slowly till 80+ and shut down?
Actually, I just paced him about 1.5 cars back as we began to get some clear road. I figured if he wanted to play he would slow down a little. I didn't think it would be good for a 6cyl against an c6 even an LS2 going from 80+. I at least wanted to go from something a little slower. From behind I noticed how wide the tires were and did not feel real good. As I came up to the drivers door I saw the z06... and figured he was certainly in a better position than I.

Typo on my part, I should have said an E39 was the 5 series.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:42 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah some of em are stingy grumps. Most of the m3s around here are driven by the super cocky "im the baddest badass of the badass's" attitude guys around 25yrs age. There funny to **** off cause all they'll do is talk ****. hahahaha
Old 03-19-2009, 10:49 PM
Staging Lane

Actually, I just paced him about 1.5 cars back as we began to get some clear road. I figured if he wanted to play he would slow down a little. I didn't think it would be good for a 6cyl against an c6 even an LS2 going from 80+. I at least wanted to go from something a little slower. From behind I noticed how wide the tires were and did not feel real good. As I came up to the drivers door I saw the z06... and figured he was certainly in a better position than I.

Typo on my part, I should have said an E39 was the 5 series.
lol he was probably in a rush or just really focused on the road. i just realized you have a bmw
no offense meant from my comments before

Originally Posted by FrkEBz06
Yeah some of em are stingy grumps. Most of the m3s around here are driven by the super cocky "im the baddest badass of the badass's" attitude guys around 25yrs age. There funny to **** off cause all they'll do is talk ****. hahahaha
yuppp, always great screwing with them. especially when it's from a short and skinny teen
Old 03-19-2009, 10:56 PM
Teching In

lol he was probably in a rush or just really focused on the road. i just realized you have a bmw
no offense meant from my comments before
n/p
Old 03-20-2009, 07:12 AM
Banned

I have noticed this too, the guys in the zo6's are just about always down to run. But the regular c5 c6's know they are slow and dont even bother...
Old 03-20-2009, 08:32 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

C6's suck
x2. I've wasted the only non-Z06 C6s I've ever run, LS2 and LS3. Talk about a shitty car for the price.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:26 AM
Staging Lane

i wouldn't say they're shitty, thats a little too far. they'll still kill any f-body on a road course and many other "twisties" cars. don't rag on it for it's straight line performance. remember, it's not a muscle car, more of a sports car

and to all the people saying they go WOT, you guys got some nads