Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Killed a Civic hatch... BAD

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 10:09 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Killed a Civic hatch... BAD

Ok so we were out at our "car spot" when a Orange and Black Civic hatch pulled in. He told everyone he ONLY raced for money so I asked how much horsepower he was making. He said A LOT! So my friend asked 200? He responded with A LOT! So my friend asked again 250??? And I could tell he was getting mad. So then my friend asked 800??? and he said Yea A LOT!!!! So I asked what all was done and he said Jackson Racing Supercharger with a 150 Shot. So I looked under the hood and he was not lying . So here i am with my stock Z06 and i called him out for a fun race, no money from Naturally like a 60 Roll I put 8-10 cars on him for 60 to 125 ... So when we got back he told me he was not spraying me and he had his 9lb pulley on instead of his 20 So I told him to go get them and bring it out next weekend. He was pretty cool though, he did not make ricer excuses besides the pulley one and he told everyone I annihilated him.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:18 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good kill. You know what motor he had in it?
Old 04-28-2009, 10:23 AM
On The Tree

Some B747 Swap KR76A204 No, not really but everyone said it was seriously built
Old 04-28-2009, 11:03 AM
11 Second Club

If it was seriously built, he would have brought a large turbo, more boost, race gas, and he would have sprayed...I think he is decently built, but its not like those JR superchargers are crazy good or anything... Why would someone come out on 9lbs, if they can run "20"? Plus, idk if those JR blowers can even sustain that amount of boost without serious cooling mods or something..
Old 04-28-2009, 11:32 AM
On The Tree

That is what I was asking him, He said the JR supercharger was way overpowered with the 20lb pulley. So I said "oh so you are shooting a 35 or 50 shot to cool off the Charger?" and he said, "No I am hitting it with a 150 and it keeps it really cold" I was like HOLY ****!!! There's your cooling mod
Old 04-28-2009, 11:36 AM
Staging Lane

Sounds like he's full of it.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:37 AM
11 Second Club

No, there is his rods sticking through his block if he is on pump LOL. Even if it is "built", I don't see a motor lasting long under that kind of pressure.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:35 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Roger Z06
Some B747 Swap KR76A204 No, not really but everyone said it was seriously built
B747... that's a ******* air plane dude LoL
Old 04-28-2009, 01:45 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Punisher GTO
B747... that's a ******* air plane dude LoL
Exactly I thought the sarcasm was obvious.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:14 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by AznMuscle
No, there is his rods sticking through his block if he is on pump LOL. Even if it is "built", I don't see a motor lasting long under that kind of pressure.
EVOs run 19-20psi stock.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
EVOs run 19-20psi stock.
And there are many cases of them blowing up as well.

Whats your point??

Ever heard of an open deck block?? Thats what Hondas use, and they are a very weak design for nitrous or boost.

Just take a look at Honda engine components...rods for example...and you can see why nothing lasts long if you start boosting the motor, they are the size of lawn mower parts.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:11 PM
11 Second Club

That is what I was talking about...yea, you can build a honda for boost, or for spray. But to run both, especially a 150 shot on a boosted motor...that would blow up a honda so fast. 9 lbs is safe on a stock motor, yea....but 20, plus spray. No way without race gas, crazy tune, and the best parts. Even then, **** still could easily go.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:29 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02

Whats your point??
Holy ******* ****. Close minded much? You got his point. EVOs run that much boost stock. Can you show me the number of STOCK EVOs "blowing up" solely because of running 19psi boost pressure? "Many cases" my ******* ***. People run much more boost than that on BIGGER turbos on the stock motor. Boost is a very relative term.

Ever heard of an open deck block?? Thats what Hondas use, and they are a very weak design for nitrous or boost.
Really? Is that the reason why a Honda like the Tony1 built S2000 can make 700whp on the bone stock motor? The cylinders can be sleeved. You talk like there are no Hondas with open decks running big boost and making gobs amount of power. Oh...never mind. You are the expert.

Just take a look at Honda engine components...rods for example...and you can see why nothing lasts long if you start boosting the motor, they are the size of lawn mower parts.

Size is not everything. Yes, their internals are smaller but they are very efficient and can make decent power on little boost. B16 motor has made >700whp on stock internals and it's rods are much smaller than that of a 4G63. I have not seen any 4G63 make that much power on the stock internals so your argument is fallacious. With someone who is competent in setup and tuning, alot can be done on very little.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by diambo4life
Holy ******* ****. Close minded much? You got his point. EVOs run that much boost stock. Can you show me the number of STOCK EVOs "blowing up" solely because of running 19psi boost pressure? "Many cases" my ******* ***. People run much more boost than that on BIGGER turbos on the stock motor. Boost is a very relative term.
Here you go, plenty of stock motors:

http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-eng...n-engines.html

Really? Is that the reason why a Honda like the Tony1 built S2000 can make 700whp on the bone stock motor? The cylinders can be sleeved. You talk like there are no Hondas with open decks running big boost and making gobs amount of power. Oh...never mind. You are the expert.
Sleeving has absolutely nothing to do with it. Honda engines are sleeved from the factory - they have to be, the blocks are made of aluminum. The fact that there is nothing surrounding the sleeve except for coolant is the problem, cylinder is just floating in the block. Strong?? Hell no.

As for anyone that boosts a high compression, non-forged, supposedly "bone stock" 4 cylinder to 700HP, I guess they must have money to burn to dump all that cash into an engine thats inevitably going to blow up.

Size is not everything. Yes, their internals are smaller but they are very efficient and can make decent power on little boost. B16 motor has made >700whp on stock internals and it's rods are much smaller than that of a 4G63. I have not seen any 4G63 make that much power on the stock internals so your argument is fallacious. With someone who is competent in setup and tuning, alot can be done on very little.
Efficiency has NOTHING to do with it. Its just like the principle of the 7.5" rear in F-bodies - sure its efficient, but its not strong enough for the power no matter what you do to it. Eventually you reach a components stress limit and it comes apart - thats what happens when you try and go fast with a small engine. Things break. As for 700WHP "stock internal" B16s, sounds like nothing more than a ricer's tall tale. Its impossible to make that much power and have it last for any amount of time. In fact, I can't see it making that kindof power on stock internals, period. Tiny, weak, non-forged internals on an open deck block in a 1.6L...boost is a recipe for disaster.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:54 PM
12 Second Club

Whats your point??

Originally Posted by AznMuscle
That is what I was talking about...yea, you can build a honda for boost, or for spray. But to run both, especially a 150 shot on a boosted motor...that would blow up a honda so fast. 9 lbs is safe on a stock motor, yea....but 20, plus spray. No way without race gas, crazy tune, and the best parts. Even then, **** still could easily go.
X2
Old 04-28-2009, 07:27 PM
Teching In

id love to see any 700 hp 4 banger last as long as a 700 hp ls1 aint gonan happen
Old 04-28-2009, 08:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by kevink89
id love to see any 700 hp 4 banger last as long as a 700 hp ls1 aint gonan happen
Exactly. Some people just lack common sense.

If a performance designed, deep skirted, 6 bolt main V8 with a nodular iron crank and hyperutectic pistons is on borrowed time at 700HP, how the hell is an open deck, 2 bolt main, economy car 4 cylinder going to take it??

Its not. Its common sense, but ricers seem to lack that for some reason.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:46 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by kevink89
That isn't the issue.
Exactly. Some people just lack common sense.

If a performance designed, deep skirted, 6 bolt main V8 with a nodular iron crank and hyperutectic pistons is on borrowed time at 700HP, how the hell is an open deck, 2 bolt main, economy car 4 cylinder going to take it??

Its not. Its common sense, but ricers seem to lack that for some reason.
Do you have "EVO" programmed into some sort of forum alert system? I don't think I've ever seen an EVO thread that you weren't in, unless you were banned at the time.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Irunelevens

Do you have "EVO" programmed into some sort of forum alert system? I don't think I've ever seen an EVO thread that you weren't in, unless you were banned at the time.
Thats funny, because last I looked the title of the thread was "Killed a Civic hatch..."

And being that theres a Honda involved, we all know you will be in the thread to defend them.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:15 PM
***Repost Police***

I'm in 75% of the threads in this section... it just happens to all be that the vast majority of these threads are about Hondas or Mustangs.