Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice
View Poll Results: What type of street racing does your city do mostly?
Dig races
37.90%
Roll races
62.10%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Dig races or Roll races? What does your city mostly do?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 04:51 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

I enjoy both but after 500rwhp, rolls are easier on parts and they help display the truly faster car (not skilled driver/traction), which to me, is the purpose of the race anyway. Mostly rolls around here.

I'll take both.

The ***** factor comes in when guys refuse to do one or the other. IMHO
Old 05-08-2009, 05:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
I enjoy both but after 500rwhp, rolls are easier on parts and they help display the truly faster car (not skilled driver/traction), which to me, is the purpose of the race anyway. Mostly rolls around here.

I'll take both.

The ***** factor comes in when guys refuse to do one or the other. IMHO
I half way agree. The point of a race to me is to win. May the cause be traction driver power whatever.

I agree on people not doing one. But i refuse to roll anyone who cant at least half way dig.

I hear way to many people going " oh i won, would have won the dig expect tires..." Screw that noise.

"I dont roll, Ya Dig?"
Old 05-08-2009, 11:33 PM
Teching In

Roll racing seems easier on parts. However, I rarely street race.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:27 PM
On The Tree

I just get sick and tired of the asian guys in MS with big single turbos wanting to race my z06 from a 70 roll. And then they brag about how they pulled 2 cars on my STOCK Z06 so when I ask them to give me MY DIG RACE they act offended like How dare I ask for a Dig??? I am a ***** when it comes to racing I get it how I can take it.
Old 05-09-2009, 03:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't mind a dig race at the strip. I don't like a dig race on the street for a few reasons:

1-Usually you want to make it quick, stopping in the middle of the road doing a burnout and all that business that's just more time for a car to come or for a law man to see what your doing.

2- Usually on street tires on the street and it doesn't hook up very well. I can make it hook up but, it sucks having to pedal it that much.

3- Dig races are hard on parts, sure I go to the drag strip and beat on it but if you can do a roll race be easier on parts and not have any of the drawbacks above, that's what I'd rather do.

I'll take what I can get but if your just doing a friendly race with a friend, get nose to nose and wave them on or honk it off or however you want to do it and see who pulls who. As long as its fun who cares.
Old 05-09-2009, 07:15 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by rocksws6
I don't mind a dig race at the strip. I don't like a dig race on the street for a few reasons:

1-Usually you want to make it quick, stopping in the middle of the road doing a burnout and all that business that's just more time for a car to come or for a law man to see what your doing.

2- Usually on street tires on the street and it doesn't hook up very well. I can make it hook up but, it sucks having to pedal it that much.

3- Dig races are hard on parts, sure I go to the drag strip and beat on it but if you can do a roll race be easier on parts and not have any of the drawbacks above, that's what I'd rather do.

I'll take what I can get but if your just doing a friendly race with a friend, get nose to nose and wave them on or honk it off or however you want to do it and see who pulls who. As long as its fun who cares.
1- You have to do the race in the correct place, you CANNOT do a dig race in the city.
2- You are not supposed to use street tires on the street Nitto 555r's or some street Radials hook just fine.
3- +1
Old 05-09-2009, 10:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by rocksws6
I agree. Unless I'm going from a stop light, im not a big fan of running from a dig. too many people live around here to line up on the road any time other than 3AM.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:50 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whenever I go out Im usually in Orlando, and all they do there is roll race! Those guys have never even heard of a dig... its all 40mph+ rolls
Old 05-10-2009, 07:29 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 40ROLL?
Im not concerned aout the driver....im concerned about the cars. Lke I said if I win due to the other guy being a poor driver I feel less satisfaction from the race and hope his skills improve so we can test the cars.
That's exactly how I feel. I hardly ever race anyway, but I don't care if I win against a poor driver it's more which car is truly faster. I'm more into the machine itself and its potential then the race.

With that being said street racing is also illegal and will get your car impounded and you in jail. If you truly want to race you don't have any option that going to a track or go road racing, texas mile, etc.

Last edited by jasil; 05-10-2009 at 07:34 AM.
Old 05-10-2009, 02:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

I run the race that the car I called out wants. I'm not scared of either and think both are fun as hell. My car being a stalled auto can obviously dig well but I'm never one to turn down a roll. I'd say its 70% roll and 30% dig here. It's really difficult to hook up 600rwhp+ on the street without some prep on the road surface and all the dig spots get shut down within 30 minutes to an hour and only 4-5 races usually happen in that amount of time. We can roll around for hours and get in a number of runs a night. I love all of the bolt on or less auto cars I've seen on here calling roll racing gay and saying dig racing is where it's at.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by killerinparadise
I love all of the bolt on or less auto cars I've seen on here calling roll racing gay and saying dig racing is where it's at.
+1. There are high HP cars that can hook, but for the most part, the guys who say "dig or nothing" are usually within 50 HP of stock and more often than not are automatics.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ballhawkdawk
+1. There are high HP cars that can hook, but for the most part, the guys who say "dig or nothing" are usually within 50 HP of stock and more often than not are automatics.
Maybe big hp cars should

1) find a way to hook
2) Buy an auto
3) not whine when someone wont give you the nascar start

I am an auto. Not within 50 of stock. And im not giving anyone a roll who cant at least attempt a dig. Not my fault you cant hook.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like both roll and dig. Imho rolls are fun I like big mph and rally haulin ***. As far as the skill factor I would say they are equal. The bad thing about roll racing is at 40 mph you hit it and you loose control your ****. But a dig hell you spin let out. Racing is fun nomatter what imho. Hell I manage to loose half my cars on forza 2 to my nephew.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:59 PM
On The Tree

Here in arlington it's mostly from a roll but there are some who dig race................. Me personaly i like the dig better
Old 05-11-2009, 12:34 AM
On The Tree

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by ballhawkdawk
Anyone that wants to have fun isn't gonna go drop their first 3-4K for parts in suspension and tires just to hook up their stock powered car. Not everyone races to get the label of "super serious hard *** street racer guy." I do dig or roll and just launch soft out of a dig. Some of you take this **** way too seriously.
"Roll racing is for guys who can't drive." -The stock A4 LS1 owner
"Dig racing is for cars with no power." -The FWD turbo 4 cylinder owner

Different strokes for different folks... it's all about having fun.
I agree. Launching an M6 is ALOT different than launching an Auto.

Dig racing is great...at the track. I like to see the timeslip after I finish to see what exactly happened on that run. Reaction time has alot to do with who wins a dig race. A mid 14 second car can pull a few carlengths to the 1/8th on a low 13 second car just by reacting fractions of a second faster.

A roll race 1st through 4th gear is usually a good indication of who has the faster car. Guys who race 80-160 are just crazy as hell.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:42 AM
Teching In

I've done mainly roll races. After having a few close calls trying to do dig runs, I've decided to keep digs at the strip.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:43 AM
On The Tree

After reading ALL of this I have decided if you want to see who has a faster car race from a 60 roll and drive it to the moon. If you want to see who is just straight faster run from a dig to the MPH that you trap. I think that if a person knows not how to launch his or her car then no matter what they do it should not be considered a race. Racing is Launching!!! The most important part of a 1/4 mile run is the 60ft.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:44 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dsmfan95
I've done mainly roll races. After having a few close calls trying to do dig runs, I've decided to keep digs at the strip.
This is true, if you do not have a "safe" place to run from a dig like in Orlando then a roll may be your best option. I am just saying that we have set up a 3 wide dig race on I-10 in MS.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:48 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Roger Z06
This is true, if you do not have a "safe" place to run from a dig like in Orlando then a roll may be your best option. I am just saying that we have set up a 3 wide dig race on I-10 in MS.
lol, ive done the same thing in N.O. on 1-10 in the middle of the night before, lol.

Were you at the lakefront meet in new orleans late last month? My good friend talked to you some when you pulled up, he also has a 03' EB z06.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:06 AM
TECH Regular

Screwing around, fun races - rolls - just to see who can pull up top.
Races that mean anything - Digs only.

Quick Reply: Dig races or Roll races? What does your city mostly do?