Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

05 CTS-V vs. 2003 Porsche Carrera and new Charger R/T(slow as balls)

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 11:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 05 CTS-V vs. 2003 Porsche Carrera and new Charger R/T(slow as *****)

Heading home on Dallas North tollway Service road I noticed that I was being "picked on" by a new hemi charger! I shrugged him off as a lil annoying ant as he down shifted like 50 times trying to get me to run(not worth the gas). As I was driving I see a Porsche Carrera pull out in front of us real quick from 1 of the side roads and got up to speed fast enough to hold his lead in front of us but was now going the speed limit! I decided that this is who I wanted to play with so I gave her a lil more gas to catch up.

I noticed that when I sped up this stupid lil Charger sped up and was still on my but like a lil masquetto that just wont leave however I wasnt paying him any attention and got up next to the Carrera who wanted to play a lil car tag because as soon as I got up to him he just took off like a bat out of hell. I was doing about 60 when I got up to him so when he took off I dropped down to 3rd gear (which gave me Lotz of running room by the way) and noticed this damb charger dropped gears to I then rocketed after the porsche and automaticaly stopped his put and put his front bumper at my back tire by about 90mph all while the "lil charger that could" was trying so hard to keep up with us. We then came up to another light with me in the far left lane the Carrera to the right of me and I dont remember if the charger was hehind the porsche or had his own lane because he wasnt really in this race(would have been perfect for a camera car)!!! THe light turned green and we launched with the Porsche jumping out by half a car but I pulled him in by the top of 1st gear had him at my back bumper by mid 2nd gear and about 1 car on him when I shut it down in mid to top 3rd gear... All and all I had lotz of fun running the Porsche... We hit another light and thats when I found out it was a 2003!

P.s. I know that the 1999 Porsche Carrera was 0 to 60 in 4.9 and ran a 1/4 mile time in 13.2 or 13.3 which has me wandering what the times for the 2003 is and if they are the same does that mean taht if I took my car to the track I would be able to run hi 12's or does 1 car mean 13.0 to 13.1??? I have to say this was the funnest race I have had yet!!!!
Old 06-21-2009, 11:32 AM
TECH Addict

Oh and I raced a new Z4 too!!! It seemed very fast but put his front bumper about half a car behind me! Should it have kept up so well or do youll think it was modded! The dude was funny as hell because after I walked him and slowed down he came flying up to me with his sunglasses over his mouth and a look over at me with this look like what the F-CK just happened!! Gave me a smile and zoomed off threw all the traffic that I slowed down for! It was a ricer move but the dude was funny!!!
Old 06-21-2009, 12:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
Heading home on Dallas North tollway Service road I noticed that I was being "picked on" by a new hemi charger! I shrugged him off as a lil annoying ant as he down shifted like 50 times trying to get me to run(not worth the gas). As I was driving I see a Porsche Carrera pull out in front of us real quick from 1 of the side roads and got up to speed fast enough to hold his lead in front of us but was now going the speed limit! I decided that this is who I wanted to play with so I gave her a lil more gas to catch up.

I noticed that when I sped up this stupid lil Charger sped up and was still on my but like a lil masquetto that just wont leave however I wasnt paying him any attention and got up next to the Carrera who wanted to play a lil car tag because as soon as I got up to him he just took off like a bat out of hell. I was doing about 60 when I got up to him so when he took off I dropped down to 3rd gear (which gave me Lotz of running room by the way) and noticed this damb charger dropped gears to I then rocketed after the porsche and automaticaly stopped his put and put his front bumper at my back tire by about 90mph all while the "lil charger that could" was trying so hard to keep up with us. We then came up to another light with me in the far left lane the Carrera to the right of me and I dont remember if the charger was hehind the porsche or had his own lane because he wasnt really in this race(would have been perfect for a camera car)!!! THe light turned green and we launched with the Porsche jumping out by half a car but I pulled him in by the top of 1st gear had him at my back bumper by mid 2nd gear and about 1 car on him when I shut it down in mid to top 3rd gear... All and all I had lotz of fun running the Porsche... We hit another light and thats when I found out it was a 2003!

P.s. I know that the 1999 Porsche Carrera was 0 to 60 in 4.9 and ran a 1/4 mile time in 13.2 or 13.3 which has me wandering what the times for the 2003 is and if they are the same does that mean taht if I took my car to the track I would be able to run hi 12's or does 1 car mean 13.0 to 13.1??? I have to say this was the funnest race I have had yet!!!!
there are some V's around here that have catbacks at the most running 12.70's
Old 06-21-2009, 12:36 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by NiteRiderWS6
there are some V's around here that have catbacks at the most running 12.70's

lol.. I'm hopping Im one of them!!!!
Old 06-21-2009, 01:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

nice kill
Old 06-21-2009, 02:16 PM
TECH Addict

lol.. Thanks! I am amazed with the Z4 of all cars! It may have been that I ran him in his powerban...
Old 06-22-2009, 01:29 PM
Staging Lane

probly keep up with cars running mid to high 12's from a roll 13's from dig

I was playing around with some ******** in a porsche boxter (i know i know) yesterday. He was acting like he was all hot **** weaving in and outa lanes with this wife (or gf) in the car with the top down. I was right behind him at a light and he took off trying to show the guy next to him that he had such a bad *** car. I just stayed right on his bumper the whole time never even close to full throttle. Their expressions were great as I blew by him once he moved over.

Last edited by 05silverV; 06-22-2009 at 01:37 PM.
Old 06-22-2009, 03:33 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 05silverV
probly keep up with cars running mid to high 12's from a roll 13's from dig

I was playing around with some ******** in a porsche boxter (i know i know) yesterday. He was acting like he was all hot **** weaving in and outa lanes with this wife (or gf) in the car with the top down. I was right behind him at a light and he took off trying to show the guy next to him that he had such a bad *** car. I just stayed right on his bumper the whole time never even close to full throttle. Their expressions were great as I blew by him once he moved over.

HAHAHAHA.... Boxters blow chunks!!! Thats some funny shiat!!! I love the looks that people give when they get dusted because they really have noooo idea about cars other then the name that they buy!!

example - 'Oh I drive a Porsche!!! I'll kick your *** in a race'. then they want to buy a cadi once they get blown out the water... Only issue is they go buy a catera
Old 06-22-2009, 03:55 PM
TECH Addict

by the way I got rear ended yesterday!!! here is the link

https://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-...night-wtf.html
Old 06-26-2009, 02:02 PM
TECH Addict

I've been noticing that all the charger r/t guys think that they have the fastest **** on the block! Then they get all butt hurt when they get smoked! Even worse is the **** talking they do which leads up to the *** whoopin.. Oh I got a hemi! Oh the Hemi will put you out! Oh you cant beat me!!! I got a hemi!!! WTF is wrong with these people??? Dude you have a hemi! Dude you weigh almost 4500 pounds! Dude more then 50% of your weight is above your tires! Dude you just got smoked by an LSX!!! sorry but I've been seeing ALOT of kills on these clowns on alot of forums lately....
Old 06-26-2009, 03:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

you and your damn races... we still need to run!!! someday sometime somewhere lol
Old 07-01-2009, 02:32 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 02ws666
you and your damn races... we still need to run!!! someday sometime somewhere lol

lol... Nick, give me about 2 or 3 more weeks for the V to get out of the shop and you got it... Atleast ya'll get a rest from all my kill/deaths for the next few weeks...
Old 07-02-2009, 11:27 PM
Launching!

very nice man
Old 07-04-2009, 06:29 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TheTugBoat
very nice man
Man Tug! Were you been at? havent heard from you in a minute!
Old 07-07-2009, 01:33 PM
Launching!

been stupid busy with the move from lanc back to philly, trying to get a job, etc. Did you know the economy is really bad right now and its impossible to get a job???
Old 07-07-2009, 11:53 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
I've been noticing that all the charger r/t guys think that they have the fastest **** on the block! Then they get all butt hurt when they get smoked! Even worse is the **** talking they do which leads up to the *** whoopin.. Oh I got a hemi! Oh the Hemi will put you out! Oh you cant beat me!!! I got a hemi!!! WTF is wrong with these people??? Dude you have a hemi! Dude you weigh almost 4500 pounds! Dude more then 50% of your weight is above your tires! Dude you just got smoked by an LSX!!! sorry but I've been seeing ALOT of kills on these clowns on alot of forums lately....
You think that is bad, my dad and I had one of these tools rev at us in his C6 Z06 a few weeks ago. Talk about a good laugh.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:21 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TheTugBoat
been stupid busy with the move from lanc back to philly, trying to get a job, etc. Did you know the economy is really bad right now and its impossible to get a job???

hows the job hunting going? I hope you get everything worked out! Your a good dude! I know things will work its self out for you! So hows Phili? Any good kill stories yet? lol
Old 07-13-2009, 04:25 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by JamRWS6
You think that is bad, my dad and I had one of these tools rev at us in his C6 Z06 a few weeks ago. Talk about a good laugh.
lol... they never learn! I would love to get a Z06
Old 07-18-2009, 07:00 PM
TECH Regular

I was merging on the freeway yesterday and a cts v was on my tail. We lined up and took off from 50mph and I had a car length on him until we slowed for traffic. My nittos were spinning from third to fourth because of the cold pavement- never had that happen before at such speeds. Fun times.
Old 07-19-2009, 01:31 PM
Banned

Nice kill, i offten see alot of porsches on the highway but they never want to play.. 90 % of the time the guy driving it is 95 yrs old.....
lol