Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Killed by a 4.6

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 01:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blk99sleekbeak
I realize this but i dont think he should have pulled the way he did.i mean we were door to door in first and second and when he hits third he just pulls off.kinnda wierd.ive ridden in a couple bolt on mach 1s and my bro used to have a 98 cobra with cai and 3.73's and mustangs just dont pull that hard above 100mph like he did.theres no way he wasnt spraying or was bsing about being non p.i.i figured he would have the advantage in first and second then i would make up some groud in third ands fourth but that car didnt really seem to wake up until third
98 cobra's and machs should pull nicely 100+....if they are tuned/setup correctly.

difference of opinion maybe.
and it had cams.not just bolt ons.also tuned my modular performance,in alabama i think
cams mean **** in this instance..trust me.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:40 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ponygt65
98 cobra's and machs should pull nicely 100+....if they are tuned/setup correctly.

difference of opinion maybe.

cams mean **** in this instance..trust me.
Machs pull great 100+ until you drop anchor... errr I mean shift into 5th
Old 06-23-2009, 01:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i always thought they kinda fell on thier face towards the top of third,compared to a ls1 car atleast.maybe i should just accept defeat from this measly non p.i car
Old 06-23-2009, 03:14 PM
11 Second Club

Ya dude, he either lied about his mods or he sprayed you. SN95 cars are usually jokes until they have TONS of money poured into them. Just finish your bolt ons, get a tune, and some 4.10s. You wont have to worry about ANY bolt on mustang, except for a Cobra. Cant really say anything about exaggerating a set up hell me and my buddies are NOTORIOUS for "stock" cars. That is just part of it.

BTW its "Modular Powerhouse" and its in GA.
Old 06-23-2009, 03:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Z28usmc
Machs pull great 100+ until you drop anchor... errr I mean shift into 5th
Now THAT, I agree with.
i always thought they kinda fell on thier face towards the top of third,compared to a ls1 car atleast.maybe i should just accept defeat from this measly non p.i car
Like I said...just difference of opinion. My mach's had no problem pulling in thrid and even 4th. (even with the AB was NA).
Originally Posted by SMOKNSS
Ya dude, he either lied about his mods or he sprayed you. SN95 cars are usually jokes until they have TONS of money poured into them. Just finish your bolt ons, get a tune, and some 4.10s. You wont have to worry about ANY bolt on mustang, except for a Cobra. Cant really say anything about exaggerating a set up hell me and my buddies are NOTORIOUS for "stock" cars. That is just part of it.

BTW its "Modular Powerhouse" and its in GA.
Uh, yeah....yeah, that's it.

Have fun with that line of thinking.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:59 PM
Teching In

Those had to be STD or self corrected numbers, and/or an uncaliberated Dyno.

Come on man..you know me....well, you know what I mean. I call it like I see it regardless, and that is just BS. those dyno days are typically out to get customers....high dyno numbers = more customers. NOt saying all shops do this, but they are factors for some.

The mere fact that your 02 GT put down what a mach does with those mods should tell you something. IN fact, those are good numbers even for a Mach with those mods. Let's at least TRY to think realistically here.
Yes I do know you as a matter of fact (Mach1USMC over on SVTP). My GT got dyno'd in NC- not even sure where I just got the sheet when I purchased the car which is LONG gone- traded for the Mach as a matter of fact. I actually thought the numbers for my Mach were kinda low. There were 3 other Machs there and the 2 with similar mods both dyno'd higher than I did. My AF was probably a bit off or something. Who knows. And my buddies 04 Whippled Vert didn't even break 600 (without the baby shot anyways.) It was a very strange day. Maybe the GT had more mods than he said- who knows. But he definitely had no power adders and he wasn't cammed either. Go figure- stranger things have happened though. Like beating some cars that you KNOW damn well should smoke you. It happens bro.
Old 06-24-2009, 03:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

mmmmmmmm i can smell the BS through my keyboard. OP, bolt on your bolt-ons and go find his ***, maybe get you a sniper shot just to **** him off.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

Now THAT, I agree with.

Like I said...just difference of opinion. My mach's had no problem pulling in thrid and even 4th. (even with the AB was NA).

Yea i agre with you on that.a full bolt on mach with some 4.10s can be deadly
Old 06-24-2009, 11:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yes I do know you as a matter of fact (Mach1USMC over on SVTP). My GT got dyno'd in NC- not even sure where I just got the sheet when I purchased the car which is LONG gone- traded for the Mach as a matter of fact. I actually thought the numbers for my Mach were kinda low. There were 3 other Machs there and the 2 with similar mods both dyno'd higher than I did. My AF was probably a bit off or something. Who knows. And my buddies 04 Whippled Vert didn't even break 600 (without the baby shot anyways.) It was a very strange day. Maybe the GT had more mods than he said- who knows. But he definitely had no power adders and he wasn't cammed either. Go figure- stranger things have happened though. Like beating some cars that you KNOW damn well should smoke you. It happens bro.
I know who you are big guy.

My only point is, something seems wrong with the operator or the dyno itself. ESPECIALLY if cars were all over the place that day. As a result, they aren't realistic numbers.

Yea i agre with you on that.a full bolt on mach with some 4.10s can be deadly
Old 06-24-2009, 02:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

it definately had cams.it had a nice lope to it
Old 06-24-2009, 02:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

no kidding...

a full bolt on mach will run as fast as a full bolt on ls1...and as for trap speed there is a recent post on svt and guy is trapping 111 with bolt on's. as high as a bolt on ls1...and another dudes mach with xpipe and CB only traps 107...also up to par
Old 06-24-2009, 04:43 PM
Teching In

it definately had cams.it had a nice lope to it
I'm still saying that a full bolt on cammed, properly tuned CAN get into the 260-280 range....I've only seen one do it and it would certainly not be the norm. Look at it this way- anything can happen on the street. Just more incentive to mod.....spray is cheap too!!

Originally Posted by mrbigjeep
no kidding...

a full bolt on mach will run as fast as a full bolt on ls1...and as for trap speed there is a recent post on svt and guy is trapping 111 with bolt on's. as high as a bolt on ls1...and another dudes mach with xpipe and CB only traps 107...also up to par
Not sure what the guys trap speed is but 03AV8R is running low 11's on his geared full bolt on wt reduced Mach with stock long block.

I just wish the Mach came stock with a 6 speed- that would have made the car SO much nicer.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm still saying that a full bolt on cammed, properly tuned CAN get into the 260-280 range....I've only seen one do it and it would certainly not be the norm. Look at it this way- anything can happen on the street. Just more incentive to mod.....spray is cheap too!!

Not sure what the guys trap speed is but 03AV8R is running low 11's on his geared full bolt on wt reduced Mach with stock long block.

I just wish the Mach came stock with a 6 speed- that would have made the car SO much nicer.
And I'm still sayin that you're putting too much emphasis on that ONE dyno. no other non-pi stang has dyno'd that. Not even close. Someone was a tad fidgety with his numbers.

Darn it.....you created an itch......6 spd in the mach?..hellZ no. That would have ruined that car.
Old 06-24-2009, 06:24 PM
Teching In

And I'm still sayin that you're putting too much emphasis on that ONE dyno. no other non-pi stang has dyno'd that. Not even close. Someone was a tad fidgety with his numbers.

Darn it.....you created an itch......6 spd in the mach?..hellZ no. That would have ruined that car.
Opinions vary but the folks I KNOW with 6 speeds in their Mach LOVE THEM. I loved the 6speed in my Cobra and I love the 6speed in my Z28. No reason for me to think the 6speed would have been bad in the Mach- but that's why it;s YOUR opinion, not mine. LOL It's all good man- that's why there is a variety of cars and mods to choose from. Not everyone likes the same thing.
Old 06-24-2009, 06:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

OP, I think the guy really has more done to it. But I have to say that my friend 91 5.0l LX with his old H/C/E/I 3:73 306 setup(nothingcrazy; torquy setup) was a little bad motherf***. He ran 12.50 on slicks and 11.7x on a 100shot!!...

I dont even know what a PI Mustang is(sry to be igorant) but I can tell some Stangs are running nice combos. But the thing is he got away fast in 3rd and 4th(somethings fishy here.. N2O) so maybe he didnt tell the whole story. I will add that another friend H/C 347 stroker Fox(everyone has a Fox here..) was gaining on me in 2nd(my strongest gear!) but I gained back in 3rd and 4th...but I'm pushing a strong 400+rwhp!
Old 06-24-2009, 06:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

And to stir more into it, another friend 03-04 stang with full boltons, 4:10, some weight reduction and a 100shot ran 11.8x at 114mph on slicks. Not sure how fast he was N/A, but I think he could be in the 12.40-60 at 105-107mph..
Old 06-24-2009, 09:28 PM
On The Tree

Honestly. For the love of god do not shift at 5500. That is probably the biggest factor in you dropping back. Just because that's your peak power does NOT make it your shift point. Shifting early will drop you OUT of your powerband in the next gear.

How can you NOT know this? Even my A4 shifts at 6k.

Dan
Old 06-24-2009, 11:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hurley_21_07
Honestly. For the love of god do not shift at 5500. That is probably the biggest factor in you dropping back. Just because that's your peak power does NOT make it your shift point. Shifting early will drop you OUT of your powerband in the next gear.

How can you NOT know this? Even my A4 shifts at 6k.

Dan
isn't the torque = horsepower at 5250 rpm or something? why would you want to shift after that when you don't make more power unless your car is geared that way

it's a question btw, i'm still learning about this kind of stuffs.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

it does NOT drop out of power shifting at 5500.i used to shift at 6.to be honest if feels better shifting at 5500
Old 06-25-2009, 11:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Opinions vary but the folks I KNOW with 6 speeds in their Mach LOVE THEM. I loved the 6speed in my Cobra and I love the 6speed in my Z28. No reason for me to think the 6speed would have been bad in the Mach- but that's why it;s YOUR opinion, not mine. LOL It's all good man- that's why there is a variety of cars and mods to choose from. Not everyone likes the same thing.
I agree. The world would be boring if everyone was the same. I just liked the machs 1-2-3 gears over the T56's. Also, most mach guys that have a T56 are either FI and/or Geared. IMO, part of the reason the mach is so close to an LS fbod in ET's is the tranny/rear gears.

it does NOT drop out of power shifting at 5500.i used to shift at 6.to be honest if feels better shifting at 5500
Got a dyno sheet to post up? Also, do you have before and after Track times/TS's to compare?

Quick Reply: Killed by a 4.6