Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 11:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by REXDriver101
you just dont get it

how about a lifetime warenty

wrx wasnt made in 82. when it did first come out in 92 it had 230 HP

susbaru has perfected its awd and is surprisingly efficient. an 03 (mind you thats only a 2.0L) got 216hp on a dyno, stock.

and i addmited on a straight line the camero would win, but you through a hair pin turn infront of it and you are sqrewed.

and not all ricers are creater equal. most arnt designed for performance and so yes there is **** tons of understeer. the WRX (and repective trims) dont have any problem. other good ricers include the acura type-s thing and the volvo s60r, thanks mostly to their AWD.

and depending how you drive? when all four wheels are in control, its very hard to even try to burnout. you get a car with all the weight up front and all the power to the back and you can bleed through rubber with one touch on the pedal

and yes i'm away it can hold "4" people but you have to saw there legs off first for them to fit.

you have now been properly pwned

(PS, in the 2009 line up: camero vs challenger vs mustang, mustang won)
You're stupid. You can't spell. And you don't seem to understand nobody cares about how awesome WRXs are here.

You must think you are valiant and tough coming on an primarily F-body site to defend your king of the ricers WRX.

Most people here aren't concerned with turns. This a pro-drag racing forum for the most part. Sure we have our road car enthusiasts and our road race section but that is not as popular.

Did the OP ever mention he raced a WRX in the turns? No. So stop raving about how bad Camaros suck in the turns and how that Camaro would fare if there was a hairpin up in the road. Swap the stock shocks and springs out of the car and go with some Konis/Strano spring set up and you will find an f-body that matches you in the turns and out-powers your AWD turds out of apex of the turns.

You are so wrong about all the weight up front and power out back. LS1 f-bodies have an aluminum block, one of the lightest, most compact power making engines ever produced. We can launch our cars and drive them without burning rubber 24/7. How many f-bodies have you seen driving around in a constant burnout?

And don't compare coupe vs. sedan...they are too different types of cars. Sure 4 people can fit in a f-body, albeit not totally comfortably but its not designed to be a passenger car.

You should get an education on this site instead of jumping into SRK and digging old threads about subarus. Give the keyboard back to your mom and ask more questions in school.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:26 PM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

you just dont get it
I thought you said you were leaving?
Old 12-31-2009, 02:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by myk
I thought you said you were leaving?
Looks like he has...
Old 12-31-2009, 06:37 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Steiner
Hey my Subaru wagon is fun! I pick up lesbian park rangers like nobody's business.
I lawled.
Old 12-31-2009, 06:41 AM
TECH Regular

Uhhhhh correction, the stock 2007 WRX (not even an STI) comes with 250HP. these are some of the fastest stock cars on the market. they do twice as much with half the engine and can do a break neck 0-60. you get into an sti and you are now seated into 300+ HP, again, that's stock.
300HP stock in the auto word today is really nothing when we have stock cars coming out with 450-550hp. My slow little 2v 02 Mustang GT can take stock WRXs (Not sure about the NEW ones..never raced one) and I don't act a 1/16th as cocky as you do about your car. Seriously.

Last edited by Ke^in; 12-31-2009 at 06:46 AM.
Old 12-31-2009, 05:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Ke^in
300HP stock in the auto word today is really nothing when we have stock cars coming out with 450-550hp. My slow little 2v 02 Mustang GT can take stock WRXs (Not sure about the NEW ones..never raced one) and I don't act a 1/16th as cocky as you do about your car. Seriously.
In for mustang guys talking **** on the lowly WRX guys. lolz.

Old 12-31-2009, 06:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

my neon has a huge crack in the windshield...
Old 01-01-2010, 01:04 AM
Teching In

...then there is the ultra rare sti s-series which is basically a street legal formula one car...
Those aren't sold in the US.
Old 01-01-2010, 02:15 AM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by steiner
those aren't sold in the us.
..........boom!
Old 01-01-2010, 02:41 AM
Banned

So I'm going to join this thread in the fourth quarter. First let's put aside the ricer term and let me say that if some of you really believe a modified wrx or sti is stopping after 60 mph you're completely wrong. I know of countless GT35r powered Subaru's that bang with some 130 mph cars from any roll. However stock I do agree that after 75 mph a wrx loses its breath but not STI. STi's stock depending on year and location trap 100 mph and up. I've seen an 07 do a 106 with temp tags. Lastly last time I checked an 02+ wrx with just bolt ons can do 12's in the 104, 105 range. Of course driver pending.
Old 01-01-2010, 02:49 AM
Banned

But those 550 hp cars are out of people's budgets. So you have to think conservatively and accordingly to your tastes and budget.

Also you have a stock gt you might want to watch how you toot your horn. Yea, your in the 13's but you're talking up to mid to low 13 second cars and only trapping 100 whereas these cars are a couple of bolt ons from 11's and 120 traps and yes they can hang after the 1/4 mile.
Old 01-01-2010, 04:38 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Z33Option
But those 550 hp cars are out of people's budgets.
Really? I'd take a look around this place if I were you. PLENTY of people in this forum could buy TWO.
Yea, your in the 13's but you're talking up to mid to low 13 second cars
Low to Mid 13s stock? I wish! Try high 13s at best. Still haven't been beat by a stock WRX. If you are saying that you can only mod a GT so far that it can't get out of the 13s, you're wrong there too. Your all kinds of wrong actually. This all said, I probably have the slowest car in this forum. And a stock WRX still can't hang.
whereas these cars are a couple of bolt ons from 11's and 120 traps
Wait, wait, wait... are you saying with just a couple bolt-ons a 14 second car is in the 11s? Really? Hell I'm buying a WRX RIGHT NOW! (not really)

If I added boost to my GT like a WRX NEEDS to keep up, it would be an even worse kill on the WRX.

I don't hate WRXs. I don't. You're just below your league here. So am I, but I am not talking **** like you are.

Well not about fbodies anyhow.
Old 01-01-2010, 05:02 AM
Banned

Here's my sti top end reference. One of my favorite videos. http://

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l6eczvN9ZQ

Kevin, look I'm really not going to debate with you. My mid 13 reference was about the sti. Which in fact has upon many times hit 11's with bolt ons. Even the fastest stock turbo is in the 10's. Also most wrx's stock sit in the 14's, but with bolt ons can and have many times produced 12's. Lastly there isn't many people on this forum who can afford these C6 Z06's, or other 500+hp cars maybe some but not the majority. Quite frankly I've seen what a 02 sonic blue can do. My buddies ran 12.7 full bolt on car on MT's. I know what they can do. My statistics are bolt to bolt on for a fair comparison.

Lastly show me how I'm bashing fbodies. Start with where I mentioned an fbody.
Old 01-01-2010, 05:11 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Z33Option
Kevin, look I'm really not going to debate with you.
You say this, but you continue to debate with me.
My mid 13 reference was about the sti. Which in fact has upon many times hit 11's with bolt ons.
I don't think I was talking about STIs now was I? In that case, lets compare the STI to the GT500.
Even the fastest stock turbo is in the 10's. Also most wrx's stock sit in the 14's, but with bolt ons can and have many times produced 12's.
Like most any car... Well cept LS1 fbodies. They usually hit 11s. BTW I noticed you changed your 11second with bolt-on only time to 12. Smart.
Lastly there isn't many people on this forum who can afford these C6 Z06's, or other 500+hp cars maybe some but not the majority.
Oh man, this is going to be rich when people around here start waking up. Look around. That's all I got to say. You're in for a big surprise.

This isn't your usually 16 year old riceboy hangout.
Old 01-01-2010, 05:15 AM
Banned

Kevin, here you go. WRX with exhaust and custom tune hits 12's at 104 mph.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_IrsysrF4c

And fastest stock turbo sti.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLmkVWL498Q
Old 01-01-2010, 05:17 AM
TECH Regular

Hey, it's not me you have to convince. Give it about a couple hours. It's not going to be pretty. That's all I gotta say.
Old 01-01-2010, 05:19 AM
Banned

You say this, but you continue to debate with me.

I don't think I was talking about STIs now was I? In that case, lets compare the STI to the GT500.

Like most any car... Well cept LS1 fbodies. They usually hit 11s. BTW I noticed you changed your 11second with bolt-on only time to 12. Smart.

Oh man, this is going to be rich when people around here start waking up. Look around. That's all I got to say. You're in for a big surprise.

This isn't your usually 16 year old riceboy hangout.
I never changed the time I clarified the difference between sti and wrx. Also maybe I'm wrong about how deep some peoples pockets are here. You never know.
Old 01-01-2010, 05:22 AM
Banned

Hey, it's not me you have to convince. Give it about a couple hours. It's not going to be pretty. That's all I gotta say.
As if I haven't been there before. Search for the 370z thread. I bring facts to the table.
Old 01-01-2010, 06:12 AM
TECH Regular

AGAIN... we were talking about stock vs stock. You can mod ANY car to be fast. The fact is, the WRX in it's stock BOOSTED form still can't take a lot of cars still N/A. Once those N/A cars go boosted, it's all over. WRX are great rally cars. I would NEVER buy one for 1/4 mile racing. BTW I surely hope you don't try to say you can make a stock WRX hit 11s cheaper than you can make a stock LS1 hit 11s. The LSx family of engines are the cheapest to mod when it comes to money/power ratio than most any modern engine I've seen. Again, this is without the LS1 even being boosted. BTW I love 370zs and 350zs (Even though I beat stock 350s.. have never raced a 08+ one however. Would never try a 370) And my car is a daily driver with no mods. Still like them though.

I am sure YOUR 350 could take my GT. But I only have 10k in my car. (The cost of the car)

WRXs and 350/70zs are fast track cars around the turns. They aren't too great at the 1/4 mile however. You really gotta fight em.

BTW what 370z thread are you referring to?

<edit> This one?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/dyno-benc...s-370z-21.html

You were level headed and doing just fine, then you sorta lost it. I don't see how that thread is a good example of anything. On either side.

*shrug*

Last edited by Ke^in; 01-01-2010 at 07:04 AM. Reason: Went back to read the 370 thread.
Old 01-01-2010, 06:31 AM
Banned

I agree stock wrx's suck. But my posts were just to show bolt on wrx's potential. Now I know an fbod can do its thing at strip with bolt ons. Alot cheaper than what I have in my car or most suby's. But that's the benefit of a great motor.

Also becareful now with the 350's also. I have an 06 which is the year with 300 hp, and stock with bald tires and 2.1 60' I went 13.9. That's not bad considering it weighs 200 lbs more then the 03-05, has 10-15 more whp, and is usually a few tenths slower.

There was a 20 page thread on the 370z vs Camaro ss so me and these guys have bashed before. BTW at the end of the bottle my car is only a 13.1 car @108 so not fast by any means.

Quick Reply: riced out WRX eats my exhaust