Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My CL600 vs 2 C6's and a T/A

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 08:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My CL600 vs 2 C6's and a T/A

Up until this weekend the only cars that I had run in my CL was a Mustang GT and a stock LS6 CTS-V...and while they were both nice cars, neither was much of a challenge. So, this weekend I got to race two C6 Vettes and a 99 Trans Am.

Friday night I was crusing around and had seen a red C6 Vette, but he wasn't interested so I went on about my rat killing...kinda frustrated that he didn't wanna run...and about 2 hours later see the only other "fast" car of the night (the rest had been Mustangs and other cars that thought they were fast)...a 99 Trans Am.

So...I stalk the T/A for a little while to see if he's game, and he is, so we go out to a semi-abandoned road that's marked off for a 1/4 mile for a quick race. The road is kinda crappy...but is ok for a quick impromptu race. We line up to go from a dig, and on the third honk we both hit it....and spin. He catches first and jumps about a car and a half out front. I finally catch and start running him and wind up beating him by about a car length.

We pull over and talk for a little while. We exchange compliments on the cars and I mention the red Vette that ignored me. He says he's friends with that guy, so he calls him and sets up a race.

So, the T/A, the Vette, and I head out to a different part of town to run 3 wide from a 30 mph roll. Again, we go on the third honk and the T/A jumps out in front again and the poor Vette just doesn't have it...it's pretty much a race between me and the T/A. The results are about to be similar to the first race...but his radar detector goes off so we all shut it down real quick. A few second later a sheriff turns the corner. We are behaving at this point so he goes on by and doesn't give us any trouble.

We decide that it's not safe to run there anymore, so we go on a diff road and are gonna run the CL vs the Vette, then the winner vs the T/A. This is about the time I realize that my transmission is in Comfort mode rather than Sport. So I change the tranny and get ready. The Vette and I go from a 30 roll and he pretty much got left...final was about 4-5 cars ahead. So, now it's me vs the T/A. Again, a 30 mph roll and I win by about 3-4 cars...with the transmission in sport, he doesn't get the jump this time.

I call it a night at this point...and both the T/A and Vette drivers were cool guys. For those who will wonder, the T/A is a mostly stock 6 speed car with short tube headers, lid, and an LS6 intake and the Vette is a stock auto with an LS2.

Fast forward to Sunday afternoon, I'm headed home from town and see an orange C6. A red light catches both of us. The light turns green and we both hit it...and I pull away from him pretty easily. I don't know anything about it, except that it seemed stock except for maybe a cat back. He was cool too and we both exchanged compliments on the car.

Now, I know that I make a lot more power than those three, but with the weight advantage I honestly wasn't sure what the outcome would be. Just hope now I can catch some quicker cars running around and see how I stack up against them.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Even with being over 5000lbs your car runs low 12s lol good kills
Old 08-02-2009, 11:27 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Cyris0014
Yea, the T/A sounded pretty healthy, and I already know to never underestimate an LS1 F-bod...hell, my Formula used to go mid 11's and sounded like a chicken truck with it's mufflers cut off, so ya never know.

And, I didn't know the red C6 was a stock LS2...oh well! I did still think it might pull up top, but not so much.

The world's quickest Benz runs 10.58...so we all know there's plenty of LS1's that'll hand my *** to me.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by FormulaZR
Yea, the T/A sounded pretty healthy, and I already know to never underestimate an LS1 F-bod...hell, my Formula used to go mid 11's and sounded like a chicken truck with it's mufflers cut off, so ya never know.

And, I didn't know the red C6 was a stock LS2...oh well! I did still think it might pull up top, but not so much.

The world's quickest Benz runs 10.58...so we all know there's plenty of LS1's that'll hand my *** to me.
Really? Thats just stock right?
Old 08-03-2009, 07:56 AM
11 Second Club

No, the car that runs a 10.58 is a modified S600 on spray.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:26 PM
c6r
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ran a e55 amg & a cls amg and it was a drivers race " they are pretty fast, my c6 was making 370 at the wheels at the time. Once your rolling weight is not as big of a factor as people might think
Old 08-03-2009, 05:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cyris0014
Curb weight for that car is 4300-4500lbs.
Old 08-03-2009, 05:11 PM
11 Second Club

My car is just under 4700 lbs with fuel and me.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:18 PM
On The Tree

http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...lip-17153.html
He's got it over 5000
http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/#/vehi...&vc=CL&yr=2009
Has it close to 5000