Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Grocery getter Altima beat bolt ons camaro

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 12:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kjmdrumz3
I raced an altima on juice once. Set him out seven, gave him the kick, and walked by him in 2nd gear. Of course at the time I was running 10.70's@130 through a TH-400
was that in your mazda?

i really want to race him, win or lose i don't care..
Old 09-07-2009, 12:25 AM
11 Second Club

No, it was in the 02 WS6, with a turbo of course
Old 09-07-2009, 12:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by raysadude
I agree with you in a dig race BUT from a roll i've beaten a lot of A4 car with same mods with almost the same hp with me

unless of course if you don't count a roll race a race
M6 for roll racing, A4 for real racing.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:43 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by lemons12
M6 for real driving, TH-400 or PG for real racing.
fixed for ya
Old 09-07-2009, 01:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by kjmdrumz3
fixed for ya

I'll settle for that..
Old 09-07-2009, 02:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

if he's trapping 110 how much whp do you guys think he's making?
Old 09-07-2009, 09:19 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by raysadude
if he's trapping 110 how much whp do you guys think he's making?
I'd say prob right around 300. When I was lid and filter only I put down 349 and trapped 107-108. Our cars are heavier so I'm guessing he'd have a bit less hp. Is the Altima a fwd car or awd? If its a fwd, and you can drive AT ALL, I'd bet on you. Even if he traps a tad more than you, he shouldn't have enough to come get you on the big end if you do your part off the line. I'd call the LS1 by 2 to 3 cars.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

guy just called me today, he said he dyno'd 370 IIRC, if he can get his altima fixed we're gonna have some runs and record it, win or lose it's gonna be fun
Old 09-08-2009, 08:58 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
Oh ya thats Juised's ride... Im supposed to be running him next time he comes to the DFW area.. lol That SE-R moves out! He also ran an 09 V on a 125 shot and held his own.. Kind of messed something up in the process but had a blast doing it... Hes a good dude!
I just read his post about his race with a 09V and find that extremely hard to believe. He's claiming to have hung right next to a 556hp V from 40-150.....
Old 09-09-2009, 05:19 AM
Banned

M6 for roll racing, A4 for real racing.
lol

this thread isnt about 1/4 mile at the local strip.

Its about street racing.

6MT owns!

Driving an auto is just plain boring too.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by maxspeed96ct
lol

Its about street racing.

6MT owns!

lol what? I saw absolutely nothing I posted comical.

I didn't say it was about the 1/4 or 1/8 mile.

Bring your m6 to the track or the street.. A4 still wins.. REAL RACING (from a dig for you people that cant put 2+2 together) is a4... ROLL RACING (ricers, people that cant launch a car, people with no traction, etc) is for m6s..
Like I have said before.... M6 for roll racing, A4 for real racing.

I don't consider a roll race a real race.. Do I care if I get beat? Hell yes, but IMO nobody can say they have beat someone until they do it from a dig.

M6 owns at autox... A4 for everything else.

Yes, a stock auto is boring.. A stalled auto is a different story.. M6 is a pain in the ***.. That could go all day long.. That was a very sorry post all together on your part.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:06 AM
Launching!

lol what? I saw absolutely nothing I posted comical.

I didn't say it was about the 1/4 or 1/8 mile.

Bring your m6 to the track or the street.. A4 still wins.. REAL RACING (from a dig for you people that cant put 2+2 together) is a4... ROLL RACING (ricers, people that cant launch a car, people with no traction, etc) is for m6s..
Like I have said before.... M6 for roll racing, A4 for real racing.

I don't consider a roll race a real race.. Do I care if I get beat? Hell yes, but IMO nobody can say they have beat someone until they do it from a dig.

M6 owns at autox... A4 for everything else.

Yes, a stock auto is boring.. A stalled auto is a different story.. M6 is a pain in the ***.. That could go all day long.. That was a very sorry post all together on your part.
Racing from a dig tells you whos the better driver, racing from a roll tells you whos car is actually faster.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RedBeauty84ZX
Racing from a dig tells you whos the better driver, racing from a roll tells you whos car is actually faster.
where is there a competition for roll races? if you want to know whos car is faster go to a dragstrip and race, or an airport to run the Texas Mile. that should tell you. Hell even AutoCross races start at a dead stop, at least the ones when you race one at a time and fastest time wins.

racing from a dig tells you whos faster, I could put DRs on my car right now and there would be ZERO driving skill involved. Hell another member had a H/C/I z28 with a 4400 rpm stall and DRs and even that required no driving skill, Stomp it and Hold it down- 1.4 60 fts. Any real racer will tell you all the power in the world aint worth a **** if you cant put it down, drag racing is from a dead stop.

roll races are just us being nice to the people long enough to win again.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:31 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by CarsandWomen
where is there a competition for roll races? if you want to know whos car is faster go to a dragstrip and race, or an airport to run the Texas Mile. that should tell you. Hell even AutoCross races start at a dead stop, at least the ones when you race one at a time and fastest time wins.

racing from a dig tells you whos faster, I could put DRs on my car right now and there would be ZERO driving skill involved. Hell another member had a H/C/I z28 with a 4400 rpm stall and DRs and even that required no driving skill, Stomp it and Hold it down- 1.4 60 fts. Any real racer will tell you all the power in the world aint worth a **** if you cant put it down, drag racing is from a dead stop.

I enjoy both personally, but drag races don't say who's car is faster. I've seen vettes trap 14s with people who can't drive them. I've seem many win races because of response time at the light. As a matter of fact, very many. Hence the term, you snooze you lose!
Old 09-10-2009, 03:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CarsandWomen

The Texas Mile anyone?
Old 09-10-2009, 03:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by RedBeauty84ZX
No... Roll racing tells who makes more power *usually*, that is all..

To see who has the fastest car you MUST go from a dig.. Building a fast car isn't just about making power.. YOU HAVE TO PUT IT TO THE GROUND.. From a 60mph roll most people don't have traction issues.. Hell some people don't even have traction issues at 40mph..
To build a fast car you have to look at suspension/weight transfer/power/torque/etc etc etc... That is to see who has the fastest car.

I'll go ahead and say it.. Anybody who think roll racing is "better"/tell who has the fastest car/more fun/easier/etc etc ect/anything you can think of... YOU ARE A RICER!

Real racing is done from a dig, everything else is for the birds.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would rather run from a dig but I still like roll racing as well! Besides I get called a ricer even if I win... lol
Old 09-10-2009, 11:02 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by maxspeed96ct
lol

Its about street racing.

6MT owns!

God I would have loved to run into you with my last setup. Your almighty "6MT" would've gotten by my TH-400 even from a roll. Not ALL autos suck from a roll. You should learn that quickly before you get your feelings hurt
Old 09-11-2009, 12:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sounds like some of you know the guy - what are the mods on the altima?
from reading the thread on the nissan forum, it looks like he was saying he beat the camaro when he didn't have nitrous.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:50 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BobDoLe
sounds like some of you know the guy - what are the mods on the altima?
from reading the thread on the nissan forum, it looks like he was saying he beat the camaro when he didn't have nitrous.
I don't know the guy but he sounds like a tool bag. Would someone go crack his *** please! The boy needs to be shown what an LS1 can do.