Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Grocery getter Altima beat bolt ons camaro

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 03:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
The Texas Mile anyone?
The Texas Mile is nothing but a glorified one mile drag race, from a dead stop aka A Dig.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
Our T56's work just fine thank you... And for every Auto you show me that beat a Manual with equal power I can show a manual that beat an auto with equal power... This was a pointless post.
No, you can not.. I promise.

We arent talking bone stock cars.. Who gives a **** about that??? Talking bolt ons/gears/stall/cam... That is a VERY ignorant statement to make.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the guy that has the altima wrote this on nissanclub:

Ok this post will be for the non believers/haters or whatever you wanna be from LS1tech.com

I'm not here to argue with anyone because I know what MY car can do and has done and hasn't done. I'm not a little high school kid, I'm not a ricer, I'm not an idiot nor a tool whoever said that. I don't think I have the fastest car, it's quick for what it is but that's it. I drive an import yes, it's something very diffrent and something you sure as hell don't see everyday. Yea I could go spend the money and buy a Camaro or a Cobra but everyone has one and I have a six year old daughter so that was one reason I got this car and another reason was to be waaay diffrent than the norm so theres my reasoning, if it's not good enough who cares I like it so thats all that matters it's not waisted money to me at all. Oh and another reason I wanted to be diffrent is because it is absolutely priceless to see someones face when they got beat by an Altima that supposedly had no business racing in the first place and then wondering to theirself what the hell just happned, its a good feeling I guess you could say. I know there are alot faster cars out there than mine period! I'm not one of those guys who think I can't be beat because I've had my *** handed to me plenty of times by cars an Altima shouldn't even be in the same race as technically and I don't use that as an excuse, bottom line when I loose I just got my *** kicked so I'm cool with at least trying when some cars in the same "category" as me won't even race some of the cars I have. But a loss is a loss period, does't matter if you missed a gear, spun or whatever excuse you wanna try and use but I'm not one of those people. I've had some good runs with LS1 cars, a couple of Camaros, 1 Trans Am. And I've also ran 2 GTO's one being a 5.7 automatic with exhaust and the other was a 6.0 6spd with an intake, exhaust and a predator tune. Those may not be the "fastest" LS1's or GTO's on the block but they were def in my ballpark to race I guess you could say. For the record, the last time I went to the dyno for tuning with a misfire because of a split in the custom intake manifold I have and didnt find until sometime later, the car still made 368whp and 380tq which is not the video posted on here. This was done on a 100shot with the bottle pressure right at 1050psi. And the best track pass that the car has made was a 13.06 @ 110mph on Nitto DR's done in Noble, Oklahoma and it was still 97 degrees at 9pm that night. I just wanted to clarify things for those guys that didn't know, or were curious or whatever the case may be. I'll say it again my car is not the fastest car nor do I think that, but for those who think there's no way an Altima like mine can't keep up with the basic I/H/E LS1 car your wrong, I hate to admit it but my Altima is the proof and has been more than once so sorry to burst your bubble.

Here are a few videos of my slow *** Altima doing what it does.

Cocky Mach 1 Driver
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/M...ach_153450.htm

Traction Issues
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/A...ack_186690.htm

Untuned Dyno on Nitrous
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/A...yno_687609.htm

And the video that started all of this..
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/A...-SS_691543.htm

This last race was from a 30roll, since I beat him from the roll I didn't punk out like us "ricers" do and I kindly gave him his roll race knowing I was gonna get killed. He ened up winning by a car, but from the jump he was about 3 cars or so out in front due to me spinning my *** off on street tires. I almost reeled him in by the 1/4 mile but almost doesnt count right!? So there you have it, I'm admitting the LS1 beat me from a dig!!
Old 09-14-2009, 08:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

he should race a stalled a4.. no bolt ons necessary to beat that time..
Old 09-14-2009, 08:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 05MBMLS2
I just read his post about his race with a 09V and find that extremely hard to believe. He's claiming to have hung right next to a 556hp V from 40-150.....
And thats where the bullshit hammer drops.

Typical ricer idiot, gets the jump on a Camaro for the first 500ft and thinks he can beat 556HP CTS-V's.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
And thats where the bullshit hammer drops.

Typical ricer idiot, gets the jump on a Camaro for the first 500ft and thinks he can beat 556HP CTS-V's.
about the CTSV i'm not gonna call it bs if i didn't see it firsthand, it does hard to believe but not necessarily bs

as for the camaro, he got video to back up his story i don't see what else would problem.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lemons12
he should race a stalled a4.. no bolt ons necessary to beat that time..
i'll let him know that
Old 09-14-2009, 11:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by raysadude
about the CTSV i'm not gonna call it bs if i didn't see it firsthand, it does hard to believe but not necessarily bs

as for the camaro, he got video to back up his story i don't see what else would problem.
got a link to the race with the cts?
Old 09-14-2009, 11:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i'll ask him if he's got a video of that race.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:33 PM
11 Second Club

I CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY LS1. It will be full bolt-on's by the end of November. I'm gonna show the kid what a bolt-on LS1 should do!
Old 09-15-2009, 01:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by kjmdrumz3
I CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY LS1. It will be full bolt-on's by the end of November. I'm gonna show the kid what a bolt-on LS1 should do!
I know, I can't wait to get my ls1 either........

Old 09-15-2009, 05:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

I know, I can't wait to get my ls1 either........

I 3rd that motion, someday ill have one so i can hang with you guys its gonna be a while though
Old 09-15-2009, 11:50 AM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i don't get what you're trying to say, he told me that from a dig the camaro got him, but he beat the camaro from a roll
just reread it. whoops.

Not really...a 110MPH trap is faster then any stock and most lightly modded LS1s...given his ET i'd say he had traction issues..sounds like its got the power:weight of a mid to low 12 second car.
can't take trap speed as an accurate measure of power when you're fighting traction - which he did (click the link i provided, he battled some serious issues just to get to 13.3). it's def. a 12 sec car though.

and dude seems like a chill guy to me. i was in no way bashing on him, just pointing out that 13.37 ET since i (incorrectly) thought the camaro lost to him from a dig.
Old 09-15-2009, 03:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by hookemdevils22
just reread it. whoops.

can't take trap speed as an accurate measure of power when you're fighting traction - which he did (click the link i provided, he battled some serious issues just to get to 13.3). it's def. a 12 sec car though.

and dude seems like a chill guy to me. i was in no way bashing on him, just pointing out that 13.37 ET since i (incorrectly) thought the camaro lost to him from a dig.
In my white trans am......

7.2s@95.5mph on slicks, lifted tires then spun through the 60ft (1.60-1.64 sixty)
8.0@93.5mph on bald *** street tires... spun 1/2-3/4 of the track.. (2.2 sixty, i went about half throttle through the sixty then kicked it once i got some speed up and it broke loose twice)..

spinning does not hurt your trap speed as much as people say it does.. does it effect it? yea, but it still shows very close to what the car will do..
Old 09-15-2009, 04:11 PM
***Repost Police***

I think what he was getting at is a ~3400lb car that traps 110mph is solidly a 12s car with traction.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
I think what he was getting at is a ~3400lb car that traps 110mph is solidly a 12s car with traction.
Ah, gotcha!
Old 09-15-2009, 06:32 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Which is why a 13-second car could beat him. Anything can happen on the street
Old 09-15-2009, 10:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kjmdrumz3
Which is why a 13-second car could beat him. Anything can happen on the street
are you talking about the camaro or the altima? i think both of them are 12 second car with competent driver, the altima just trap higher which is why he won the roll race
Old 09-15-2009, 10:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

In my white trans am......

7.2s@95.5mph on slicks, lifted tires then spun through the 60ft (1.60-1.64 sixty)
8.0@93.5mph on bald *** street tires... spun 1/2-3/4 of the track.. (2.2 sixty, i went about half throttle through the sixty then kicked it once i got some speed up and it broke loose twice)..

spinning does not hurt your trap speed as much as people say it does.. does it effect it? yea, but it still shows very close to what the car will do..
i thought spinning was actually makes you trap higher no?
Old 09-16-2009, 09:24 AM
11 Second Club

Oh, we are still talking about a roll race. I'm talking a dig.