Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Grocery getter Altima beat bolt ons camaro

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 07:01 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lemons12
No... Roll racing tells who makes more power *usually*, that is all..

To see who has the fastest car you MUST go from a dig.. Building a fast car isn't just about making power.. YOU HAVE TO PUT IT TO THE GROUND.. From a 60mph roll most people don't have traction issues.. Hell some people don't even have traction issues at 40mph..
To build a fast car you have to look at suspension/weight transfer/power/torque/etc etc etc... That is to see who has the fastest car.

I'll go ahead and say it.. Anybody who think roll racing is "better"/tell who has the fastest car/more fun/easier/etc etc ect/anything you can think of... YOU ARE A RICER!

Real racing is done from a dig, everything else is for the birds.
This is debateable. Most street races are roll races. I spend my share time at the track, but to say real races are only from digs is just pure ignorance.

Not every car is built for dragging, many of the high horsepower cars are built for the highway.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:36 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by wickedwarlock
This is debateable. Most street races are roll races. I spend my share time at the track, but to say real races are only from digs is just pure ignorance.

Not every car is built for dragging, many of the high horsepower cars are built for the highway.

Real races ARE from a dig. I've never seen a money race go down from a roll
Old 09-11-2009, 09:29 AM
TECH Regular

Unless there are twisties involved (roadcourse) then the only way to see who is quicker is from a dig.
Some say they want to go from a roll to simply see which CAR is quicker, but as a Lemon said, the car's power is not the only variable that determines how quick a car is.
That being said, the best way to determine who is quicker (bar none) is at the track.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:43 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by kjmdrumz3
I've seen money exchange from diggs and from rolls.

I'm sure you will see more comment on it.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

IMHO a race is a race, rolls or digs are just the form of races, however i agree with lemons and kjmdrumz that usually people that know how to drive their car and actually put down the power to the wheels would prefer to race from a dig because they know what their car is capable of.
but if you notice most of street racing are done from a roll because not everyone can find a safe spot to do a dig run...so really it depends on the situation

oh and i've seen money involved in a roll racing simply because both cars agree that they wouldn't get traction from a dig.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't get why anyone would take sides? I guess because some guy claims such and such racing is the only "real" racing, LOL. Digs, rolls, Manual tranny, Auto. All of it is fun, bring it all on. Anyone who claims one tranny or one type of race is the only "real" type
Old 09-11-2009, 03:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IMO people that KNOW their car is quick race from a roll.. People that are unsure of what their car is capable of race from rolls.

Just seems shitty to me to ONLY pour money in engine mods and then go race people from 60 rolls because you are too stupid to figure out how to make a car hook.. Or you cant drive so you make a powerful car and ONLY run from a roll..

Will I roll race? Yes.. Does it matter to me or count for anything? No..
I have raced PLENTY of people from a roll.. Usually for 1 or 2 reasons.
1. They won't run me from a dig because they know the outcome..
2. It's me and a friend just BSing around and decide to have a run..

Leave the roll racing **** for Supras/bikes/imports.. We will continue to race from a dig! Thats what american muscle is about.. Not the 60mph bull ****.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:44 PM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

so anyways... 'alti' ran a 13.37@110 a few nights later - on spray. which is awesome for an altima, but pretty horrific for an LS to lose to.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BobDoLe
sounds like some of you know the guy - what are the mods on the altima?
from reading the thread on the nissan forum, it looks like he was saying he beat the camaro when he didn't have nitrous.
ya the guy called me few days ago and told me that he's in the middle of fixing his car right now, if he does get the "alti" fixed we'll run and it's gonna be on tape, oh and he told me when he was off spray he ran 13.9@99 iirc so no whenever he beat the camaro it was ON spray

I don't know the guy but he sounds like a tool bag. Would someone go crack his *** please! The boy needs to be shown what an LS1 can do.
he actually doesn't, since you're in moore maybe you should come this weekend if he does get his car fixed

Originally Posted by hookemdevils22
so anyways... 'alti' ran a 13.37@110 a few nights later - on spray. which is awesome for an altima, but pretty horrific for an LS to lose to.
i don't get what you're trying to say, he told me that from a dig the camaro got him, but he beat the camaro from a roll
Old 09-11-2009, 05:54 PM
Launching!

I have...around here unless you're at the track the only kind of racing that goes on is roll racing.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:56 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by lemons12
Leave the roll racing **** for Supras/bikes/imports.. We will continue to race from a dig! Thats what american muscle is about.. Not the 60mph bull ****.
Most if not all the fbodys around here roll race....
Old 09-11-2009, 05:57 PM
Launching!

Not really...a 110MPH trap is faster then any stock and most lightly modded LS1s...given his ET i'd say he had traction issues..sounds like its got the power:weight of a mid to low 12 second car.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:26 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by RedBeauty84ZX
Not really...a 110MPH trap is faster then any stock and most lightly modded LS1s...given his ET i'd say he had traction issues..sounds like its got the power:weight of a mid to low 12 second car.
I'd say high 12 car. Most stock LS1's I've seen run 13.30's @ 107-108. Any bolt on 6 speed should trap at least 112ish. Oh and I'm not saying I've never roll raced. It's hella fun for sure. But when money comes into it, it's from a dig or it's not going down.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'd say high 12 car. Most stock LS1's I've seen run 13.30's @ 107-108. Any bolt on 6 speed should trap at least 112ish. Oh and I'm not saying I've never roll raced. It's hella fun for sure. But when money comes into it, it's from a dig or it's not going down.
err saying a stock LS1 trap 107-108 is a lil bit exaggerated don't u think? my car in its stock form ran 14.4@104 (first time to the track) second time i managed to get 13.5@106 that was my best pass for that day i've never had a chance to go back to the track after intake and exhaust mods

if that altima on spray trap 110 and beat the camaro from a roll that means the camaro trap lower than that, and that's a bolt ons(I/E) camaro that put down 350rwhp if you live in moore you should know B&R performance they are the one that did all the works in the camaro
Old 09-11-2009, 11:07 PM
11 Second Club

A stock 6-speed LS1 SHOULD trap 107-108. My first time down a track ever was a 13.33 @107.xx. Of course if the driver isn't up to it thats a different story Back home, most stock LS1's I've seen go 13.20's-13.40's at 107-108. The only local company I trust with my LS1 is Performance Specialties, Inc. from back home in Baltimore. The owner, Jeff, is the best tuner I've ever seen. And as we all know, tuning can make or break a car (literally as well) There are several other big LS1 shops around there and they can't touch the cars coming out of his shop. Which is why when I do get an LS1 here in the near future it's getting driven back to Baltimore for the mods and tuning. Nothing against B&R but they won't be touching mine.

How did a stock cube, full weight (3780 with me in it), 3/4 tank of gas, heavy *** stock WS6 wheel, drag radial, cam-only (read:TR224, NOT a FI cam by any means) LS1 with a small turbo running only 7.5 psi go 10.79@130? The tune. Another shop around us had a Camaro that had weight taken out of it, slicks, draglites, all kinds of suspension work, h/c car with a D1SC at 8-9psi only go 11.30's @122.......because of the tune!
Old 09-11-2009, 11:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

A stock 6-speed LS1 SHOULD trap 107-108. My first time down a track ever was a 13.33 @107.xx. Of course if the driver isn't up to it thats a different story Back home, most stock LS1's I've seen go 13.20's-13.40's at 107-108. The only local company I trust with my LS1 is Performance Specialties, Inc. from back home in Baltimore. The owner, Jeff, is the best tuner I've ever seen. And as we all know, tuning can make or break a car (literally as well) There are several other big LS1 shops around there and they can't touch the cars coming out of his shop. Which is why when I do get an LS1 here in the near future it's getting driven back to Baltimore for the mods and tuning. Nothing against B&R but they won't be touching mine.

How did a stock cube, full weight (3780 with me in it), 3/4 tank of gas, heavy *** stock WS6 wheel, drag radial, cam-only (read:TR224, NOT a FI cam by any means) LS1 with a small turbo running only 7.5 psi go 10.79@130? The tune. Another shop around us had a Camaro that had weight taken out of it, slicks, draglites, all kinds of suspension work, h/c car with a D1SC at 8-9psi only go 11.30's @122.......because of the tune!
ok i agree with that, but according to this race the altima trapped 110 and he beat the camaro from a roll which means the camaro must trap lower than 110 correct? in your previous post you mentioned that a bolt ons ls1 should trap 110-112
Old 09-11-2009, 11:59 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by raysadude
ok i agree with that, but according to this race the altima trapped 110 and he beat the camaro from a roll which means the camaro must trap lower than 110 correct? in your previous post you mentioned that a bolt ons ls1 should trap 110-112
1 of 2 possibilities here. Either the car is a or the driver of the Camaro can't drive. A bolt-on (I/E/suspension car) should trap 112 all day, if not more! He should steadily pull away from the "alti" if it only trapped 110. That's the beauty of street racing though. I've seen an 11.teens car beat a 10.60 car on the street. The street is an entirely different animal!
Old 09-12-2009, 08:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

God I would have loved to run into you with my last setup. Your almighty "6MT" would've gotten by my TH-400 even from a roll. Not ALL autos suck from a roll. You should learn that quickly before you get your feelings hurt
Our T56's work just fine thank you... And for every Auto you show me that beat a Manual with equal power I can show a manual that beat an auto with equal power... This was a pointless post...

I don't know the guy but he sounds like a tool bag. Would someone go crack his *** please! The boy needs to be shown what an LS1 can do.
He for sure isnt a tool.. Dudes actually cool as hell from talking to him! Try and get past the fact that he doesnt drive an LS and you will see...

Good god he has traction issues!!!! His trap speed I would say should have him around 12.7+
Old 09-12-2009, 10:36 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
Our T56's work just fine thank you... And for every Auto you show me that beat a Manual with equal power I can show a manual that beat an auto with equal power... This was a pointless post...
From a dig a properly setup auto should win everytime. I'm not talking stock. I'm talking bolt-on/cam cars.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1

Good god he has traction issues!!!! His trap speed I would say should have him around 12.7+
reading that thread about his slip, looks like there's a lot in it that he simply can't get to the ground... slipping tranny, blowing the tires off in 1st and 2nd gear (on slicks).
i feel bad for his wallet, but it would be nice to see what sort of setup he ends up with to get the power to the ground.

sounds like everyone else that builds a 12sec capable FWD import then eventually ends up on LS1tech with a camaro.