Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

02 steeda on 10 lbs of boost, beat by bolt on WS6

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2003, 01:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Talking 02 steeda on 10 lbs of boost, beat by bolt on WS6

ok here is the setting fellas. waiting at the light to turn down I-485 here in charlotte and i pulled up behind this steeda. i have always wanted to race it this woman talks a lot of **** ( o yeah a woman was driving too, but she can drive it lol ) so i kept it in 1st got beside her...guess she wanted to pass me back....and i got in front. well at about 3000 in 2nd she was on my *** and commin....so i punched it and that was that. i ran to about 130 and she never started to catch back up. i kept pulling. by the time it was all over i think i was about 10 cars or so ahead of her. thought it was funny seeing i have under $3000 in my car so she came back by me on HWY 29 gettin on it and i waved at her and just gave a little tap to the roof ( just messin with her cause she is really cocky about it, any other race i woudnt have been an *** like that lol i would have stoped and complimented her ride) so i found out some info on the car after the fact and found out it has a vortec supercharger on 10 lbs of boost, gear and some motor work, exhaust and **** and it ran a 12.2 at the Rock on e/t streets. also ran a 8.0 at the local 1/8 mile i think. maybe it was 7's but i dont knwo.

i never ran my car at the track so i dont know what she will do. im sure the e/t would be bad the first few times cause i dont thinki could get off the line good but im sure ill have the MPH there. i have all the bolt ons besides headers and ls6 intake. when i raced her i didnt have my tsp lid, holley filter or ported tb. headers are on the way with a cut out and ls6 intake is gonna be saved until i do heads and cam i have the stock gearing too
Old 11-27-2003, 02:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good kill dude ...man i hate hearing how people dont know how to mod their stangs ....blown or not that shouldnt happen ....either your a great driver like me or that stang is a weak one ...what year was it ? probably didnt have any engine work done ...but **** it good kill keep em comin
Old 11-27-2003, 04:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

i think it didnt have any internal work but im not too sure, had a **** load of money in it though
Old 11-27-2003, 06:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Very nice kill, put us stang owners back in our place!
Old 11-27-2003, 10:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 281cipwr
good kill dude ...man i hate hearing how people dont know how to mod their stangs ....blown or not that shouldnt happen ....either your a great driver like me or that stang is a weak one ...what year was it ? probably didnt have any engine work done ...but **** it good kill keep em comin
really? i admit it does seem kinda weard a lightly modded ls taking out a forced air stang but there have been storys along the same lines... humm.. i guess what im really wondering is what horse power a supercharged stock inturnal stang puts out?.. damn guess i have to hit the books..
good kill man keep em comming
Old 11-27-2003, 10:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

yeah no joke guys i thought i was about to get schooled but i was wrong. like i said it ran 12.2's in the 1/4 with slicks and i imagine i could get down there now if i could get off the line ok. id like to see it dynoed too. if i find taht out ill tell you guys...
Old 11-27-2003, 10:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

btw, i had the slp air lid, old style bellow and k&n and its tuned great.....i re read taht and it kinda sounded like i had stock stuff on there, i didnt lol sorry if i confused anyone
Old 11-27-2003, 10:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah man i wasent doubting you id just kinda like to see what a stock stang engine with a good forced intake system is putting out
Old 11-27-2003, 10:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

o i hear ya, i didnt think u did. yeah same here i wanna know and im gonna try to find out....i know stock they arent worth too much so i wouldnt imagine seeing and really big numbers