Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Raced a 94 Supra T74

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009 | 09:15 AM
TECH Resident

Default Raced a 94 Supra T74

Yesterday my buddy and I met up, went out to grab a bite of food with some people. The people we were with wanted to see us race since we are about the same power.. (550-600rwhp/tq) - So we finish eating head to the mall - talk some more.. then finally head out to the local highway.. First time we line up, he is on the phone - waited patiently.. got off the phone, had the sun blaring in our eyes.. I put up 3 fingers.. honk it off from about 45mph and take off. I instantly put a bus on him.. Realized he was only in 3rd gear lmao - woops. So we go onto a different highway which was freshly paved.. Honked it off again from 45, this time a freakin dbag SUV driver (the only car on the road) switches lanes into us so we had to stop.. Slow down again and wait for the car to get away.. THIS time we got a good run in. 45 mph roll - I honk it off again.. BWAAAAAAAAAAA - his freakin wastegate scared the crap outta me! We were right next to each other the whole way. He had lost a bit of traction in 2nd, and i didnt get a full rev because we both hit a bump in the road that scared us. (sweet highway).. The best race I have had. This new tune has amazing topend (prob thanks to this EPP cam too).

Later that night I went with my buddy in his supra, my other 2 friends took my car and we raced from another 40 roll. The guys in my car honked it off - and the supra jumped a bit (about a half car) but didnt matter. The supra had 1 car on mine (my nose was at his bumper) and stayed that way the whole race. Was another awesome race regardless. FUN NIGHT!

The Supra has a T74 at 19.5 psi w meth (his base map) through stock gearing m6, making 600rwhp and I have whats in my sig at 10psi no meth yet. Finally getting the opportunity to get the tune changed up and running 12psi with meth this week. - WILL have video for our next race when I get the retune.

Last edited by sujomatt; 10-28-2009 at 01:36 PM.
Old 10-26-2009 | 09:26 AM
Staging Lane

Good Race and concise writeup Sujo! Guess I'll be the first to say: "You let someone else drive your near 600rwhp Z28?!" Only guy I could trust like that would be my brother who also happens to be the guy who has helped me build every ride I've had. And I only would trust him because I know he would "buy it if he wrecked it". lol
Old 10-26-2009 | 09:34 AM
TECH Resident

Thanks man, trying to make the read have u feel like u guys were there lol

To add to it: it was a sunny day in the upper 50's lol

hahah, well the guy that was driving is my best friend who helped me build this sucker up. He loves the car probably as much as I do lol and he's a really good driver. Just not used to my car lol.

Last edited by sujomatt; 10-26-2009 at 09:45 AM.
Old 10-26-2009 | 03:23 PM
TECH Addict

Nice race. I thought he had a slightly smaller turbo but I guess I was wrong. I still want to run him from a dig! I joke with him about it all the time because I'm curious to see if he could catch me by the quarter, but I'll get absolutely wrecked on the highway.

And I know what you mean about his wastegate; that thing is louder than my whole car.
Old 10-26-2009 | 03:39 PM
TECH Resident

That was the first time I felt todd's car at WOT and damn did i love it lol - it was such a fun time dude. we gotta get u out here on sundays with us
Old 10-26-2009 | 03:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

I hate how open wastegates sound. Alot of people like it but I don't think a 2" exhaust leak sounds good.
Old 10-26-2009 | 04:00 PM
TECH Resident

Idk how it doesnt break my glass hahaha - i had my window 1/4 open, pretty sure my ear was bleeding

Trending Topics

Old 10-26-2009 | 04:02 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Nice race. I thought he had a slightly smaller turbo but I guess I was wrong. I still want to run him from a dig! I joke with him about it all the time because I'm curious to see if he could catch me by the quarter, but I'll get absolutely wrecked on the highway.

And I know what you mean about his wastegate; that thing is louder than my whole car.
He and I asked the dude that did most of the work on that supra (Paul), he confirmed it was a T74 and it def is a bit bigger than mine. Mine being a T67 and he was saying he thought his was a T67
Old 10-26-2009 | 04:04 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
I hate how open wastegates sound. Alot of people like it but I don't think a 2" exhaust leak sounds good.
No way, open wastegates sound badass and loud as hell.
Old 10-26-2009 | 10:09 PM
TECH Resident

I was starting to spread the word I was going to sell the camaro.. but After that race and the ridiculous rush.. I don't know if I really want to get rid of it lol..
Old 10-27-2009 | 10:18 AM

Good race, looks like you got it all running good now! The biggest problem with getting it running right though, it that you never want to sell it, haha. Just wait until something breaks and then you'll br ready to kick it to the curb...at least that's how it goes with me

Was the cam swap from a stocker or did you already have an aftermarket cam in there?
Old 10-27-2009 | 10:48 AM
TECH Resident

Yea dude after all the tuning nightmares and what not, I was pretty much on the outs with it.. But now i got a big smile on my face.

I had the z06 cam in it before, now I have the EPP FI cam - which has crazy lope
Old 10-27-2009 | 11:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

if you've got the money I wouldn't sell it...I mean come on what's better than a turbo camaro that stays with big hp Supras?! Few tweaks and you could be outrunning him and you're prolly already outrunning most everything on the street anyway
Old 10-27-2009 | 11:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sujomatt
Yea dude after all the tuning nightmares and what not, I was pretty much on the outs with it.. But now i got a big smile on my face.

I had the z06 cam in it before, now I have the EPP FI cam - which has crazy lope
you have any sound clips? I would love to hear a ls1 with a rearmount and a lopey cam.
Old 10-27-2009 | 11:44 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by PowershifterNC
if you've got the money I wouldn't sell it...I mean come on what's better than a turbo camaro that stays with big hp Supras?! Few tweaks and you could be outrunning him and you're prolly already outrunning most everything on the street anyway
lol well i guess i see ur point.. frustrating tho, no one wants to play like ever

180- I can upload a decent one probably tonight actually
Old 10-27-2009 | 12:38 PM

Any plans to get it up to the drag strip?
Old 10-27-2009 | 12:46 PM
TECH Resident

Yea i am hoping to after we get the meth operational on the car - tuff though when its usually wednesdays and i have to work all day mon-fri
Old 10-27-2009 | 12:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

You dont have to go through the work if you dont want to it is just i have a hard time imagining a better sounding setup then a rearmount ls1 with a choppy cam.
Old 10-27-2009 | 12:54 PM
TECH Resident

it's cool ill upload a clip, i def love it
Old 10-27-2009 | 02:56 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by sujomatt
lol well i guess i see ur point.. frustrating tho, no one wants to play like ever

180- I can upload a decent one probably tonight actually
I'll run you from a dig in a marked 1/4. I'm down about 150rwhp or so but I bet I can take you off the line on the street. We'll see how long it takes you to come blasting by me.