Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

08' GT vs 10' SS

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 10:19 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Somebody needs to step up and give this guy a run......i wanna see the vid, ls1 ftw
Old 12-19-2009, 10:23 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it would be door to door my best friend has an 00 ta with the same mods as you almost the exact same - some susp work...im not saying the LS cars arent fast i love those cars but i cant stand the lack of respect for the mustang but from 94-04 the mustang was a DOG but im telling you the S197 run really good for a small 4.6 and really respond to boltons i put down 327 on a mustang dyno thats not bad for starting off with 300 bhp lets see if i get any bits on this challenge and we will see what happens
Old 12-19-2009, 11:22 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LsWht?
Do you really have to write gen?
That's just as bad as camaro or termi.
Is a second syllable or typing a couple extra letters that hard?
It just sounds so stupid...
HaHaHa...

No...

Gen. is actually a recognized abbreviation outside of specific car worlds.
If you say gen instead of generation to someone, they will know what you mean.
It also doesn't sound cheesy or childish like STANG or camaro.
It's funny, I never see the guys at SVTP type STANG, but a lot of them aren't retarded.
If you say stang, termi, or camaro to a random person, they are going to think you are stupid.
My guess is that they won't be far from the truth.

I also like how you clearly took offnce to what I wrote (even though no offence was intended) and yet the person I wrote it in response to didn't get offended.
Cool it buddy.

Last edited by DiscerningZ32; 12-19-2009 at 11:33 AM.
Old 12-19-2009, 11:30 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by sleeperstang16
it would be door to door my best friend has an 00 ta with the same mods as you almost the exact same - some susp work...im not saying the LS cars arent fast i love those cars but i cant stand the lack of respect for the mustang but from 94-04 the mustang was a DOG but im telling you the S197 run really good for a small 4.6 and really respond to boltons i put down 327 on a mustang dyno thats not bad for starting off with 300 bhp lets see if i get any bits on this challenge and we will see what happens
Do you think about what you're going to type before you post?
Could you add some punctuation in the future? Reading your posts is giving me a headache (no offence).
I think the 03-04 Mach 1 and 03-04 Cobras are actually pretty quick.
I'd rather own one of those than an S197.
Old 12-19-2009, 11:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

So you really think with more weight and less HP you will win?
Old 12-19-2009, 11:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ummmmmm Lets see here the LS3 camaro's weigh 4,086 LBS!!!!!..and your right i have seen some vid's of the new SS running 12's but thats with intake tune and dr's...another thing who said my stang was stock...anybody who thinks a stock s197 would run with a LS3 ss needs to be kicked off any site...i said that it would not blow the doors of my "STANG" mods are CAI,TUNE,GT500TB,UDP,LT'S,OR X, and 390's like i said it would not blow the doors off MY CAR..a stock one hell yeah it would...guys dont be mad that the new SS isnt what you GM guys thought it would be..for the money and HP rating its a DOG lets be honest..and as far as time slip i will have a new one posted tmrw im going to the new track in Garland Texas with some buddies should be fun
When you go to the track tonight make sure you bring a camera. No one wants to see you post someone elses time slip.
Old 12-19-2009, 11:49 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I give props where they're due, I just want to see a good, equal race so we can put this to sleep...

I'd be down for a run but I live in VA., and I'm in Afghanistan
Old 12-19-2009, 01:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

wait.....jsut to clarify, do you have 390s or 410s? your post said 390s, but your sig said 410s.

And, uh...327 on an MD? Yeah, I'd say that was a happy dyno. rule of thumb would put that car at ~345rwhp on a dj and Ihave a VERY VERY hard time believing that one. The S197s do not put down more power than a 4V with equal mods, let alone ~20rwhp more.

Track numbers are what really counts though and dyno's are just tools. And FTR, I have no doubt that you have a stout S197, but you're coming in here 'proving' to some of these f/ybody guys why they talk so much crap. A lot of the time you come on this board and post arrogance/ignorance and it leaves a sour taste in people's mouth.

just my 2 cents.
Old 12-19-2009, 01:47 PM
10 Second Club

I tell you what il put a challenge out...this is to any 10 SS in my area..0-110 and a 20-110 with vid so we can post this ****....or any = moded LS1
If you are from the Dallas area you shouldn't have any problem finding a 2010 SS or or equally modded LS1 to run. You may want to be careful though because I have heard of several 2010 SS running around there that are no joke.
Old 12-19-2009, 02:26 PM
Teching In

They are 390's dont know why i put 410's in my sig..and the 4v's are nice i really like the mach 1 but the power gains arent that great when you start moding....there is a ton of LS1's in DFW no trouble hooking up with one of them and as far as the 10's go there is plenty here but they are all older guys that wont run...i agree that a ton of mustang guys come on here and talk crap and dont know what they are talking and it pisses me off and it makes us look bad....the track doesnt open until tmrw at noon..found that out buy driving all the way up there haha
Old 12-19-2009, 02:34 PM
Teching In

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esTkN...eature=related here is a vid of me and a couple of LS1's up in Norman Ok...something alot like this thread happend a couple of years ago and this was the outcome of a couple of weeks smack talk
Old 12-19-2009, 02:36 PM
Teching In

They are 390's dont know why i put 410's in my sig..and the 4v's are nice i really like the mach 1 but the power gains arent that great when you start moding....there is a ton of LS1's in DFW no trouble hooking up with one of them and as far as the 10's go there is plenty here but they are all older guys that wont run...i agree that a ton of mustang guys come on here and talk crap and dont know what they are talking and it pisses me off and it makes us look bad....the track doesnt open until tmrw at noon..found that out buy driving all the way up there haha
your car would get beat by a properly driven light bolt on(lid,catback) LS1, i cant begin to tell how many similar modded S197s like yours my car has beat when all my car had was a lid and catback and im talking about 1-2 full car lengths
Old 12-19-2009, 02:41 PM
Teching In

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esTkN...eature=related here is a vid of me and a couple of LS1's up in Norman Ok...something alot like this thread happend a couple of years ago and this was the outcome of a couple of weeks smack talk
both cars sounded stock and ran like it, with the gears you have i would hope you cold jump out on an LS1 from a dig
Old 12-19-2009, 02:50 PM
Teching In

haha thats what everybody on this site said about the LS1's.."those are stock LS1's" the only prob is that those cars are owned by guys on this site say what you want...and those where roll races 20-100 and that SS at the end had 410's....something tells me HERE WE GO AGAIN
Old 12-19-2009, 02:54 PM
Teching In

im sorry i didnt know you couldnt read the info on the side of the vid the FORM had LT's and intake, the SS had LT's Intake and 410's
Old 12-19-2009, 02:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NiteRiderWS6
both cars sounded stock and ran like it,
I would agree and that is a lot of **** talking when you're staying right next to a stock ls1.
Old 12-19-2009, 02:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

haha thats what everybody on this site said about the LS1's.."those are stock LS1's" the only prob is that those cars are owned by guys on this site say what you want...and those where roll races 20-100 and that SS at the end had 410's....something tells me HERE WE GO AGAIN
If those guys are on here tell them to speak up.
Old 12-19-2009, 03:06 PM
Teching In

i would have to find the post and see who it was..that was along time ago guys..im not trying to pick a fight but yall are telling me that my car cant do this and cant do that which is stupid..what else do you want me to do..ive put out a challnge and ive shown you vid and all yall do is tell me that they must have been this and must have been that..all your doing is making excuses just like thos guys in the vid did and im the one that is sup to have the weaker car and making excuses right?
Old 12-19-2009, 03:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i would have to find the post and see who it was..that was along time ago guys..im not trying to pick a fight but yall are telling me that my car cant do this and cant do that which is stupid..what else do you want me to do..ive put out a challnge and ive shown you vid and all yall do is tell me that they must have been this and must have been that..all your doing is making excuses just like thos guys in the vid did and im the one that is sup to have the weaker car and making excuses right?
What we want you to do is show actually proof since you're talking ****. A video racing two ls1 doesnt prove anything. You could have more mods and they could have less mods then you say. I could post a video of me beating another ls1 car and I could say it has a cam doesnt prove anything. You said your going to the track tonight right? Just video tape and post. Even if you are lying about your mods it would at least prove what your car can do.
Old 12-19-2009, 03:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

sleeperstang im in edmond, ok pm me if you ever come up here and want to run, i just sold my camaro to a member here he lives in okc, ok i'm sure he wouldnt mind to have a friendly run with you.

Quick Reply: 08' GT vs 10' SS