Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

08' GT vs 10' SS

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 03:52 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sleeperstang15, you might as well post up a time slip or just stop posting.
Old 12-19-2009, 05:20 PM
12 Second Club

I know theres someone in Dallas that'll run this dude on this board.... If I was closer I'd have no problem ripping your bumper off for fun...
Old 12-19-2009, 07:39 PM
Teching In

Check out there other vidz. I know this guy/car .
Old 12-19-2009, 07:49 PM
Teching In

btw I'm referring to the vid.
Old 12-20-2009, 12:28 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by sleeperstang16
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esTkN...eature=related here is a vid of me and a couple of LS1's up in Norman Ok...something alot like this thread happend a couple of years ago and this was the outcome of a couple of weeks smack talk
My 06' Grand Prix GT with a pulley change (only) pulls on my brothers 99' LS1 T/A stock big time. Bring on your MUSTANG!!! And it loves this Michigan cold air.

I welcome any stock MUSTANG challange. Close to stock of course. My 4-door will make you cry!!!
Old 12-20-2009, 01:00 AM
TECH Junkie

Someone please step up and walk this guy! I know TX cars roll out hard, every single ******' car you guys run is 76mm turbo/f2 procharger/Heads Cam Spray Car...
Old 12-20-2009, 02:01 AM
Teching In

The LS1's i ran where from OKC and Midwest city...my girl lives in sulphur so im up that way every now and then il pm you next time im up there
Old 12-20-2009, 02:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The LS1's i ran where from OKC and Midwest city...my girl lives in sulphur so im up that way every now and then il pm you next time im up there
So is the 12.9 you have listed with all the mods in your sig?
Old 12-20-2009, 08:23 AM
TECH Regular

I tell you what il put a challenge out...this is to any 10 SS in my area..0-110 and a 20-110 with vid so we can post this ****....or any = moded LS1
I've seen S197 stangs beating SS Camaros. But they mostly had all the bolt-ons. I'm a stang lover, and a stang owner. You talk far too much ****. Even if you could beat a 10 Camaro, learn a bit of humility.
Old 12-20-2009, 08:25 AM
TECH Regular

but from 94-04 the mustang was a DOG but im telling you the S197 run really good for a small 4.6 and really respond to boltons
Um 40hp difference doesn't make that big of a deal. Add to it that the S197 stang weighs more too, those 40hp make even less of a big deal. The S197 and NewEdge aren't that far apart in the 1/4 times. Both respond to mods just as well as the other. Now the 2011 GT? Whole different story there. Things should be interesting once those come out. They should have given the GT 4v from the start. If not in 95, in 99 atleast. It would have evened out the playing field a bit more. When the S197s came out, and they still didn't have 4v, I was going "WTF?" Luckily the 2011 GT is going to have a DOHC 4v 5.0l engine with a 6spd. AWESOME car, but it should have been the one they released in 2005.
Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
I think the 03-04 Mach 1 and 03-04 Cobras are actually pretty quick.
I'd rather own one of those than an S197.
Same here. I have a special fondness for 03-04 Mach1s especially.
i would have to find the post and see who it was..that was along time ago guys..im not trying to pick a fight but yall are telling me that my car cant do this and cant do that which is stupid..what else do you want me to do..ive put out a challnge and ive shown you vid and all yall do is tell me that they must have been this and must have been that..all your doing is making excuses just like thos guys in the vid did and im the one that is sup to have the weaker car and making excuses right?
I am not saying what your car can or cannot do. I've already been bit by doing that before. What I am saying is, you are acting like the very people you complain about on here. I am not sure you see it either. It pisses me off because because of Mustang owners like you, I get treated badly on here sometimes even though I am not even as 1/8 as cocky as you are.

It's better to be humble, and have a car you know is fast, then be a loud mouth, and have someone beat your *** in a race. Cause I can tell you right now there are people here with barely modded LSx cars that can take you.

Last edited by Ke^in; 12-20-2009 at 08:36 AM.
Old 12-20-2009, 08:28 AM
TECH Regular

They are 390's dont know why i put 410's in my sig..and the 4v's are nice i really like the mach 1 but the power gains arent that great when you start moding....
And your car is better? Please. The 03-04 Mach1s and Cobras are better cars than the current GT.
Originally Posted by JeaneZ28
So is the 12.9 you have listed with all the mods in your sig?
I've seen bolt-on S197s hit high 12s. It's not a regular happenstance I don't think, but it's doable.

Last edited by Ke^in; 12-20-2009 at 08:34 AM.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ke^in
I've seen bolt-on S197s hit high 12s. It's not a regular happenstance I don't think, but it's doable.
I'm not doubting his time. I'm just wondering why he's talking so much **** and only runs high 12.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nacho SS
Someone please step up and walk this guy! I know TX cars roll out hard, every single ******' car you guys run is 76mm turbo/f2 procharger/Heads Cam Spray Car...
He wants an = modded car.. Otherwise I would run him. But his 12.9 *** doesnt want any part of my car...

Any bolt on car should walk OUT on this guy...
Old 12-20-2009, 11:39 AM
Teching In

ke^in i didnt start this all i said was i can out run a new ss and then everybody started in on me which i dont care, the mach 1 runs good and does make good power but and = moded mach doesnt put down as much power as mine but hey every car is diff thats why i keep saying "MY CAR" i do get pissed off cuz people like you with 2v mustangs are what gave mustangs a dog reputation so plz dont compare yours to mine...and no i have added the LT's since that 12.9 but that time was with some Nitto's and im on a reg street tire today..i am leaving for the track right now and i expect to run around a 12.9 with street tires....oh and high 12's is damn good for a small 4.6 come on guys your killing me i know alot of you **** on high 12's but lets call it like it is you guys have a great motor in my opinoin the LS1 is the best motor of all time cuz its a beast no doubt...i am going to race a TA today from Durant OK one of the 35th anv i think the one thats yellow with black stiping down the side and black rims...they tell me is really quick so we will see what happens
Old 12-20-2009, 11:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ke^in i didnt start this all i said was i can out run a new ss and then everybody started in on me which i dont care, the mach 1 runs good and does make good power but and = moded mach doesnt put down as much power as mine but hey every car is diff thats why i keep saying "MY CAR" i do get pissed off cuz people like you with 2v mustangs are what gave mustangs a dog reputation so plz dont compare yours to mine...and no i have added the LT's since that 12.9 but that time was with some Nitto's and im on a reg street tire today..i am leaving for the track right now and i expect to run around a 12.9 with street tires....oh and high 12's is damn good for a small 4.6 come on guys your killing me i know alot of you **** on high 12's but lets call it like it is you guys have a great motor in my opinoin the LS1 is the best motor of all time cuz its a beast no doubt...i am going to race a TA today from Durant OK one of the 35th anv i think the one thats yellow with black stiping down the side and black rims...they tell me is really quick so we will see what happens
An = modded mach WILL make more power... but thats besides the point... a 4v = modded is faster...

And no... high 12's isnt fast for anything...
Old 12-20-2009, 12:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ke^in i didnt start this all i said was i can out run a new ss
You actually said this and I should you an SS with less mods running over a second faster.

HAHA i promise an LS3 SS will not blow the doors off a S197 with = mods as mine
Old 12-20-2009, 07:20 PM
Teching In

alright just got back from the track and i did ok for street tires...12.861 at 107.82 60ft 2.079 i got some video a friend is getting it ready and will post it.....man it was an LS rally tonight nothing but bad *** rides lots of GTO's and Vette's there were two 2010 SS's out there hahahahaha they were crazy fast they guys told me they both had H/C stroked but one guy had a 100 shot the one with the shot ran 11.1 and the other guy ran 11.7 both on DR's really nice cars
Old 12-20-2009, 07:22 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JeaneZ28
You actually said this and I should you an SS with less mods running over a second faster.
you do know what i mean by that right.....as in an S197 with my mods or more wont get crushed by a stock LS3 SS...whats the harm in saying that and i am very conf that i am right
Old 12-20-2009, 07:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

you do know what i mean by that right.....as in an S197 with my mods or more wont get crushed by a stock LS3 SS...whats the harm in saying that and i am very conf that i am right
I read your quote again and see what you're saying. I thought you were saying a SS with equal mods wont be faster.

I would still whoop that ***!
Old 12-20-2009, 08:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

They are 390's dont know why i put 410's in my sig..and the 4v's are nice i really like the mach 1 but the power gains arent that great when you start moding....there is a ton of LS1's in DFW no trouble hooking up with one of them and as far as the 10's go there is plenty here but they are all older guys that wont run...i agree that a ton of mustang guys come on here and talk crap and dont know what they are talking and it pisses me off and it makes us look bad....the track doesnt open until tmrw at noon..found that out buy driving all the way up there haha
Um, OK there big guy. You place way too my faith in that happy dyno you had.

Originally Posted by Ke^in
It's better to be humble, and have a car you know is fast, then be a loud mouth, and have someone beat your *** in a race. Cause I can tell you right now there are people here with barely modded LSx cars that can take you.
BINGO!

Um, are you serious?

BTW - do you know how f'ing hard it is to read that ****. This isn't your high school texting class man.

alright just got back from the track and i did ok for street tires...12.861 at 107.82 60ft 2.079 i got some video a friend is getting it ready and will post it.....man it was an LS rally tonight nothing but bad *** rides lots of GTO's and Vette's there were two 2010 SS's out there hahahahaha they were crazy fast they guys told me they both had H/C stroked but one guy had a 100 shot the one with the shot ran 11.1 and the other guy ran 11.7 both on DR's really nice cars
As I stated.....a Happy dyno. And if you honestly believe a 4V wont' hit 108 TS with your mods...you're sadly mistaken. Look man, I like the S197s and I know they respond well to a Custom tune, CAI, etc., but don't over do it. I'm starting to get the feeling this is one of your first performance cars....at least your first modular.

Quick Reply: 08' GT vs 10' SS