Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Supercharged Mustang and SRT-8 get tail lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 02:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Supercharged Mustang and SRT-8 get tail lights

RACE#1

I'm heading home from some shopping with my girl and at a red light I HEAR a loud *** red 96ish Cobra a couple of cars in front of me. Car sounded really nice especially with that ridiculously loud whine coming from under the hood. With my girl in the car I really didn't expect a race but as I'm driving slowly passed him checking the car out, I guess he notices me and floors it spinning his tires about 20 ft. I look over at my girl with a grin and I hear those beautiful words, "Go get him" So I speed up and we both get on the highway. At about 40-45 mph I get next to him and floor it. My DR's hooked and I get a car on him. He literally stays right at my back bumper until around 90-100ish mph. I pull about 4 cars before we shut down. I slow down to regular highway speed and see if he wanted another go but the guy was just cruising after. It was an older guy WITH A FORD RACING HAT who looked to be in his 40's. I saw a pissed off look on his face from the light coming from the pillar gauges

RACE #2

I'm at a red light and a Dodge Charger SRT-8 pulls up next to me reving. I take off slowly and he floors it past me. I meet the guy at the next red light and he yells at me over the sound of both cars (he at least had an exhaust) to floor it to SEE how fast my car is. I yell back, "You're just going to watch?!?!?" I convince the guy to race me so on green we take off. We both spin our tires (DR's didn't hook) and by about 90 mph I shut down like 5 or more cars ahead. At the next light we chit chat a bit. He asks how much I'm pushing and I reply "About 350 to the wheels." He then replies, "I got 465" with a grin on his face like a little kid trying to say his car was still better After that we went our seperate ways.

Long but I hope you guys enoy
Old 12-25-2009, 03:01 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 01SuperSport
RACE#1

I'm heading home from some shopping with my girl and at a red light I HEAR a loud *** red 96ish Cobra a couple of cars in front of me. Car sounded really nice especially with that ridiculously loud whine coming from under the hood. With my girl in the car I really didn't expect a race but as I'm driving slowly passed him checking the car out, I guess he notices me and floors it spinning his tires about 20 ft. I look over at my girl with a grin and I hear those beautiful words, "Go get him" So I speed up and we both get on the highway. At about 40-45 mph I get next to him and floor it. My DR's hooked and I get a car on him. He literally stays right at my back bumper until around 90-100ish mph. I pull about 4 cars before we shut down. I slow down to regular highway speed and see if he wanted another go but the guy was just cruising after. It was an older guy WITH A FORD RACING HAT who looked to be in his 40's. I saw a pissed off look on his face from the light coming from the pillar gauges

RACE #2

I'm at a red light and a Dodge Charger SRT-8 pulls up next to me reving. I take off slowly and he floors it past me. I meet the guy at the next red light and he yells at me over the sound of both cars (he at least had an exhaust) to floor it to SEE how fast my car is. I yell back, "You're just going to watch?!?!?" I convince the guy to race me so on green we take off. We both spin our tires (DR's didn't hook) and by about 90 mph I shut down like 5 or more cars ahead. At the next light we chit chat a bit. He asks how much I'm pushing and I reply "About 350 to the wheels." He then replies, "I got 465" with a grin on his face like a little kid trying to say his car was still better After that we went our seperate ways.

Long but I hope you guys enoy
Nice kills.

That "i got 465" reminds me of a this guy from my old work who had a SRT8 300C and was talking about what a huge difference the 25 extra horses made over my car. I asked him to race and he said he would only do off a roll so we went off of a 30, i started in second gear and still pulled on him thru till about 100 when we shut down. He just drove off after wards and never brought it up lol
Old 12-25-2009, 06:29 PM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Lolz, "I've got 465." What difference does it make what number you're pushing. You could have a million horsepower on tap but if you can't beat your opponent who gives a flying f**k, you might as well be driving a Prius...
Old 12-25-2009, 06:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone else find it kinda fishy that a car with ~350rwhp put 4 cars on a blown 4v in the triple digits? I'm fairly sure that the Mustang probably let off at around 90, or missed a gear, when he was on your back bumper.
Old 12-25-2009, 06:59 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by tspence45
Does anyone else find it kinda fishy that a car with ~350rwhp put 4 cars on a blown 4v in the triple digits? I'm fairly sure that the Mustang probably let off at around 90, or missed a gear, when he was on your back bumper.
Could have been a supercharged cobra clone i suppose.
Old 12-25-2009, 07:04 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

You know the deal...there are 3 sides to ever story.

Good kills OP!
Old 12-26-2009, 05:20 AM
TECH Regular

Plus Won.
Old 12-26-2009, 09:37 AM
TECH Regular

Its pretty obvious he's no where near 350. I really don't see why people who post these respectable kills make us pull teeth to get a list of their mods. I would guess he is at least pushing 450rwhp
Old 12-26-2009, 12:04 PM
TECH Resident

I have never dynoed the car but it is a bolt on car and I'm guessing that it has around 350rwhp. I really do think I have a freak because of the damage it has done or maybe I've just raced a bunch of bad drivers
Old 12-26-2009, 12:20 PM
TECH Resident

Maybe he did miss a shift, maybe he was running low boost that day for some daily driving and was sooo pissed that he lost because of that, maybe he lost traction shifting in a gear, maybe he let off because he heard a weird noise, maybe he let off because he knew he wasn't going to pull any harder due to a high gear, maybe his car wasn't 100% and he wanted to race really bad but realized that in the middle of the race and let off I don't know what to say bro. All I know is that when I looked in my rear view mirror he was right on my *** about 1 1/2 back, then looked again and he was about 2 cars, then about 3, then about maybe 4 before I looked for the last time when I really knew he let off being that I was like a couple bus lengths ahead. I mean I didn't pull the stang so hard but those are the streets for you man. You never know what will happen compared to what a car is supposed to do. I mean I tried to see if he wanted another go but he just cruised and didn't even look over at me
Old 12-26-2009, 01:17 PM
TECH Resident

who gives a ****? The mustang lost. Does the kill not count when someone sucks at driving? Or if their car isn't running 100%. Run whatcha brung and when you loose you loose.
Old 12-26-2009, 01:50 PM
On The Tree

Maybe he did miss a shift, maybe he was running low boost that day for some daily driving and was sooo pissed that he lost because of that, maybe he lost traction shifting in a gear, maybe he let off because he heard a weird noise, maybe he let off because he knew he wasn't going to pull any harder due to a high gear, maybe his car wasn't 100% and he wanted to race really bad but realized that in the middle of the race and let off I don't know what to say bro. All I know is that when I looked in my rear view mirror he was right on my *** about 1 1/2 back, then looked again and he was about 2 cars, then about 3, then about maybe 4 before I looked for the last time when I really knew he let off being that I was like a couple bus lengths ahead. I mean I didn't pull the stang so hard but those are the streets for you man. You never know what will happen compared to what a car is supposed to do. I mean I tried to see if he wanted another go but he just cruised and didn't even look over at me
lol thats alot of maybes...
Old 12-26-2009, 04:40 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by araber89
who gives a ****? The mustang lost. Does the kill not count when someone sucks at driving? Or if their car isn't running 100%. Run whatcha brung and when you loose you loose.
I understand that. I'm just pointing out to people, that under normal circomstances, a blown 4v will have a bolt-on LS1 on the topend. I guess I should've just kept my mouth shut and said good kill. But, don't expect that outcome to happen everytime. So, good kill OP. A win is a win.
Old 12-26-2009, 05:22 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by araber89
If I posted a kill of my car beating an LS1, you think everybody would just say "good kill?" Of course not.
Old 12-26-2009, 05:43 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
If I posted a kill of my car beating an LS1, you think everybody would just say "good kill?" Of course not.
I get flack in here for claiming to have beaten LT1s.. So yeah..
Old 12-26-2009, 05:57 PM
TECH Resident

Well what kind of hp numbers and track times are average for these cars supercharged??? I didn't think I would get a reaction of surprise from some of you except the mustang guys of course....
Old 12-26-2009, 05:58 PM
TECH Regular

I'm a "Mustang Guy" and 99% of the time when someone posts in a mustang kill in here I congrats them, no questions asked. I've beaten cars in races I shouldn't have too. I saw a driver on "Pass Time" take a 500hp LT1 TransAm and do 15s in it. So I believe you won. Like others said however, don't expect this to be the norm.
Old 12-26-2009, 06:04 PM
***Repost Police***

Well what kind of hp numbers and track times are average for these cars supercharged??? I didn't think I would get a reaction of surprise from some of you except the mustang guys of course....
Did you really not expect surprised reactions when a ~350rwhp car pulls on a car that should have no problem making 450-500rwhp?
Old 12-26-2009, 06:16 PM
12 Second Club

i raced a supercharged srt8 charger 3 times at the local 1/4 track and we was both even runing in the 12.6 range.
if i would tree him he wouldent fly past me but if he got out on me i couldent pass him eather.
he said he was in the uper 400 to lower 500 range at the wheels be he also said his car was very heavy.
he also had a set of mickeys on it so he was hooking decent.
Old 12-26-2009, 06:40 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by shaun
i raced a supercharged srt8 charger 3 times at the local 1/4 track and we were both even running in the 12.6 range.
if i would tree him he wouldn't fly pass me but if he got out on me i couldn't pass him either.
he said he was in the upper 400 to lower 500 range at the wheels be(but) he also said his car was very heavy.
he also had a set of mickeys on it so he was hooking decent.
Are you sure your name is Shaun? Please read your post, spell check it and re-post it. I'm ashamed to have the name Shaun today.

Last edited by 94Mustang302ci; 12-26-2009 at 06:45 PM.