1999 a4 z28 vs 2003 m5 Mach 1

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 12:53 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chavez885
Kevin defending his stock GT again? lulz Nothing to see here
Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
You guys bring the 2v topic up, not him.
Not that it matters. Lets just drop it.

I've always wondered just how much HP that shaker hood scoop in the Mach1 makes. I heard it was almost worthless. Shame if that's the case.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:11 PM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

I saw nothing he said that wasn't true. You guys bring the 2v topic up, not him. And if you are going to say a LS1 can run 12's stock then you have to say a 2v can run 13's stock. Cant say one then not give the other the same credit.
he says 2v's are 13sec cars. i'm not saying ls1's are 12 sec cars.

a 2v MIGHT hit 13.9 just like an ls1 MIGHT hit 12.9. but it's not what they normally run.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:12 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ke^in
Not that it matters. Lets just drop it.

I've always wondered just how much HP that shaker hood scoop in the Mach1 makes. I heard it was almost worthless. Shame if that's the case.
who cares if it makes hp. it looks good. just like the ram air on a t\a
Old 01-19-2010, 01:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by big hammer
he says 2v's are 13sec cars. i'm not saying ls1's are 12 sec cars.

a 2v MIGHT hit 13.9 just like an ls1 MIGHT hit 12.9. but it's not what they normally run.
I was just startin' to like yuo too....go back to your drunk posting.

You continue to show your inexperience, ignorance, and lack of knowledge on mustangs (particularly 4V's) the more you post. I'm starting to think you have never seen one run and going off of what your friends tell you. Even those that have OWNED the cars are telling you how wrong you are, and you continue to tell them that they are liars. That's absolutely rediculous man. I mean seriously, that would be like me telling you how FOS you are that an M6 LS runs low low 13s. I've never seen it. So..everyone and their mother must be lying to me.

who cares if it makes hp. it looks good. just like the ram air on a t\a
Now...that's the smartest, best post you've had in this thread.

yes Kevin, the don't really do much. You can increase the shaker height to get some performance, but it has to be roughly a 1" increase over stock. YOu can also modify the stock air box to increase air intake, but over all (without mods) it's pretty much for looks.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

he says 2v's are 13sec cars. I'm not saying ls1's are 12 sec cars.

A 2v might hit 13.9 just like an ls1 might hit 12.9. But it's not what they normally run.
who cares?????
Old 01-19-2010, 01:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

The shaker does work. when I installed the JLT intake the stock paper filter was very dirty right where the shaker goes. Now does the shaker HELP performance? No...
Old 01-19-2010, 01:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

The shaker does work. when I installed the JLT intake the stock paper filter was very dirty right where the shaker goes. Now does the shaker HELP performance? No...
well yeah.

actually, I'd love to see Big hammer give an explenation. he's the mach expert in here.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:32 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ponygt65
I was just startin' to like yuo too....go back to your drunk posting.

You continue to show your inexperience, ignorance, and lack of knowledge on mustangs (particularly 4V's) the more you post. I'm starting to think you have never seen one run and going off of what your friends tell you. Even those that have OWNED the cars are telling you how wrong you are, and you continue to tell them that they are liars. That's absolutely rediculous man. I mean seriously, that would be like me telling you how FOS you are that an M6 LS runs low low 13s. I've never seen it. So..everyone and their mother must be lying to me.

Now...that's the smartest, best post you've had in this thread.

yes Kevin, the don't really do much. You can increase the shaker height to get some performance, but it has to be roughly a 1" increase over stock. YOu can also modify the stock air box to increase air intake, but over all (without mods) it's pretty much for looks.
there's a guy ON THIS SITE WHO HAS OWNED BOTH CARS says the ls1 is a faster car. yet you ignore that. why is that? you're the one ignoring facts, not me.
who cares?????
you're here. you care.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

there's a guy ON THIS SITE WHO HAS OWNED BOTH CARS says the ls1 is a faster car. yet you ignore that. why is that? you're the one ignoring facts, not me.
Because what this one guy on here says determines whats true or false.

Like Pony said, I've actually liked you but you are starting to change my mind.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

you're here. you care.
There's ONE guy on here that has owned both that says that....you CONTINUE to ignore the fact that there are SEVERAL that have owned both and say they are a drivers race and identical in performance. HELLO MCFLY!!!

I've owned two *******' machs and a cobra, dont' tell me what they can and can't do when you've never ******* owned one.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

you are also forgetting those that ahve raced the machs themselves that are telling you that. There are WAY more Fbod owners that disagree with you than you are willing to acknowledge. THAT is called denial.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

OH...AND....if memory serves me correctly, that ONE owner that states that, never raced Both cars at the track. he's going by SOTP.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:44 PM
10 Second Club

Because what this one guy on here says determines whats true or false.

Like Pony said, I've actually liked you but you are starting to change my mind.
you can believe the guy you want, i'll believe the guy i want based on experience and facts. just because truth hurts your feelings doesnt mean you cant like me! i still offer hugs.
There's ONE guy on here that has owned both that says that....you CONTINUE to ignore the fact that there are SEVERAL that have owned both and say they are a drivers race and identical in performance. HELLO MCFLY!!!

I've owned two *******' machs and a cobra, dont' tell me what they can and can't do when you've never ******* owned one.
good for you for owning 4vs. by buddy has a 4v n\a cobra and have worked on it with him. i've also driven it alot.

fact is you will believe who you like. because you WANT to believe what you want. you offer no facts that a mach is the exact equal to an m6 ls1 other than "you're stupid" or "i own a mach" well so what?

FACT is a manual mach is close to a manual ls1, but the ls1 is a little faster. but i just say this based on the fact that i have beat machs, ls1's can trap faster speeds and run quicker times.

you stang guys say they're equal just to feel good. well go ahead and keep living in your delusions if it keeps you happy.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:06 PM
TECH Regular

That's what I figured. Thanks.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

by buddy has a 4v n\a cobra and have worked on it with him. i've also driven it alot.
Because a 4v n/a Cobra is a Mach 1. How old are you anyways? JW...
Old 01-19-2010, 02:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

FACT is a manual mach is close to a manual ls1, but the ls1 is a little faster. but i just say this based on the fact that i have beat machs, ls1's can trap faster speeds and run quicker times.

you stang guys say they're equal just to feel good. well go ahead and keep living in your delusions if it keeps you happy.
Do you understand what the term "driver's race" really means? No one on here said they were equal. The LS1 will make more power no doubt however the Mach 1 with it's transmission gearing and rear gear makes up for it from a dead stop. This is why at the drag strip and on the road we all say its a driver's race. Now getting to what that means because I feel you seriously need this explained to you... Driver's race does not mean both cars are equal. What it means is they are so close that if one or the other has a driver that is not as good as the one in the other car then he may very well lose. I really hope this sinks in for you and you can get over this Mustang bashing you have been doing.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:12 PM
TECH Regular

I'd personally say a LS1 fbody does have a slight advantage over a Mach1. Especially at speeds over 110. Having said that, it all depends on who the best driver is between these two cars. Too close to call.

<edit> Posted this before the post above showed up. Agreed
Old 01-19-2010, 02:12 PM
10 Second Club

Because a 4v n/a Cobra is a Mach 1. How old are you anyways? JW...
he made a mention that i had inexperience with 4v's. not specifically mach 1's. keep reaching.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

he made a mention that i had inexperience with 4v's. not specifically mach 1's. keep reaching.
Please read the post above yours.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:17 PM
10 Second Club

Do you understand what the term "driver's race" really means? No one on here said they were equal. The LS1 will make more power no doubt however the Mach 1 with it's transmission gearing and rear gear makes up for it from a dead stop. This is why at the drag strip and on the road we all say its a driver's race. Now getting to what that means because I feel you seriously need this explained to you... Driver's race does not mean both cars are equal. What it means is they are so close that if one or the other has a driver that is not as good as the one in the other car then he may very well lose. I really hope this sinks in for you and you can get over this Mustang bashing you have been doing.
i understand the concept of "drivers race" and will continue to maintain that it is a silly saying. all in all most races are dependent on the drivers capabilities. you can beat a termi with a 2v if the termis driver sucks.

i havent been bashing mustangs. i have just been stating facts. i havent said your car sucks or ponys car sucks. you just have a problem with the facts i have been presenting. and since you cant put holes in the facts i have been presenting, you just say i'm "mustang bashing"

Quick Reply: 1999 a4 z28 vs 2003 m5 Mach 1