Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Another C6 Z06 goes down

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 05:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I hear a Mach with a whistle around here in DFW I'm running away...
Old 01-22-2010, 06:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nice one Dan.

Kevin - since you like the looks and the SRA the price difference in the two cars will pay for a forged short block. Just an FYI for ya.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dan03mach
No it is out here in the DFW area.
AHHHHHHHH!!!!! Oh well post a vid if u could, Big fan of the mach lol gettin it done!
Old 01-22-2010, 08:20 PM
11 Second Club

Nice kill man you better take some vids next time you race...
Old 01-22-2010, 08:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by triche
Sounds like the guy didnt know how to drive his car.
+1 that was a slow az* shift. i think with a better driver that z06 would put up a much better fight. not saying he would have won but that was an az* rappin, he needs to learn how to hold the gas pedel to floor and shift that ****.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:00 PM
13 Second Truck Club

I like the mach 1s especially the seats. thats one thing that i like about the mustangs is all the different models you can get such as gt, mach1, bullet, cobra ect.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by z95lt1
+1 that was a slow az* shift. i think with a better driver that z06 would put up a much better fight. not saying he would have won but that was an az* rappin, he needs to learn how to hold the gas pedel to floor and shift that ****.
Hmmm...really? I didn't see the video. Could you kindly link it for everyone else including the OP.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ponygt65
Hmmm...really? I didn't see the video. Could you kindly link it for everyone else including the OP.
There is a video on the original post but you have to be REALLY stoned to see it.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:53 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Originally Posted by z95lt1
What the hell are you talking about? There isn't even a video posted of this race. If you are talking about that old video of the first Z06 I drug yes the driver sucked but he still would have gotten drug too even if there was a better driver in the car.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:55 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Yeah no **** because I would really like to see it for my self. lol I saw the vid the passenger of the Zoh took at the meet but that was it. It was never posted and I don't have it.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:31 AM
TECH Regular

Nice one Dan.

Kevin - since you like the looks and the SRA the price difference in the two cars will pay for a forged short block. Just an FYI for ya.
*nod* Like I said, I am just going to F/I this 2V GT and then eventually get a 11+ 5.0 when I get tired of that. I bought the car for 10k not even a year ago, and have less than 3k to pay on it. (Put a 5k down payment) Once it's payed off the procharger will probably go in. Again, this is just a fun DD toy. Not a 1/4 mile track car. There isn't a decent track within 2 hours of me. Soo.. I wish I lived closer to a decent track. I am just going to lower it, get a STS, drag radials, exhaust, and a procharger. I am sure a few other things here and there. As far a visuals go, just tint, doing the Mach1 front lip, and honeycomb grill delete as well. But that's it. I want people to think it's a stockish GT, but that's going to be hard with the supercharger whine.
Old 01-30-2010, 09:37 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by triche
Sounds like the guy didnt know how to drive his car.
Agreed.
Old 01-30-2010, 10:13 PM
Staging Lane

Dudes mach1 is plain old badass: you guys trying to call "driver mod" on the Z06 need to do some research on ol smokey: his **** is built, badass, and rips stock cars (made by GM's top-of-the-line engineers or not) new A holes.

Kudos the a enviously badass Mach1. And thanking god theren't are sooo few built ones out there! For dan03mach only, no vids are necessary. Good kill.
Old 01-30-2010, 10:14 PM
10 Second Club

Yeah no **** because I would really like to see it for my self. lol I saw the vid the passenger of the Zoh took at the meet but that was it. It was never posted and I don't have it.
Can you be so kind as to tell me what is done to your car and what do you trap in the 1/4. What does the car weigh etc. Thanks I just want to make sure I have all the right info before I call bullshit on this one. This would be like me saying I drug a modded Ford GT by 4-5 cars. Please understand I am not yet calling BS but was very tempted to. I know I can trap 123+ on the motor in the 1/4 and over a 130+ on the spray and a cammed full bolton C6Z will walk the **** out of me on the interstate. Now from a dig it is a different story!! The last thing I want to ask is do you have any proof that you car preforms the way you say it does. Thanks so much for your cooperation. I am also a big fan of the Mach's but to beat a modded C6Z you must have that thing hella modded!!
Old 01-30-2010, 10:16 PM
10 Second Club

Also please understand that it has been awhile since I've been on here so I haven't seen any of your post stating the mods. Thanks again.
Old 01-30-2010, 10:55 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Originally Posted by odarabla
Can you be so kind as to tell me what is done to your car and what do you trap in the 1/4. What does the car weigh etc. Thanks I just want to make sure I have all the right info before I call bullshit on this one. This would be like me saying I drug a modded Ford GT by 4-5 cars. Please understand I am not yet calling BS but was very tempted to. I know I can trap 123+ on the motor in the 1/4 and over a 130+ on the spray and a cammed full bolton C6Z will walk the **** out of me on the interstate. Now from a dig it is a different story!! The last thing I want to ask is do you have any proof that you car preforms the way you say it does. Thanks so much for your cooperation. I am also a big fan of the Mach's but to beat a modded C6Z you must have that thing hella modded!!
Fully built forged motor, cams, T76 turbo, 6 speed trans. etc. I can run 11psi "lowest boost setting" to 25psi. At 11psi I put down 576rwhp & 550rwtq. I haven't made a pull all the way up to 25psi yet at 20psi it made 750rwhp but was running way too fat like 10.0:1 a/f So there was a lot of hp left on the table.
Well I haven't taken it to the 1/4 mile track yet to see what it traps or ET's. At 15 psi I am making 675rwhp and 655rwtq the car weighs somewhere around 3350lbs. At 13psi it trapped 106mph in the 1/8th. My car should trap well over 130mph in the 1/4 at 15psi. You can call bs all you want I don't care. I have not had a C6 vette yet to come close to pulling on me. As for proof I don't have but 1 vid of me dragging a stock C6 Zoh with me at 11psi. The last guy I ran did video the run but I never got a copy to post it up. If you were around DFW area I'd show you how well my car runs on the street, track or where ever...

Last edited by dan03mach; 01-30-2010 at 11:00 PM.
Old 01-30-2010, 11:47 PM
10 Second Club

Fully built forged motor, cams, T76 turbo, 6 speed trans. etc. I can run 11psi "lowest boost setting" to 25psi. At 11psi I put down 576rwhp & 550rwtq. I haven't made a pull all the way up to 25psi yet at 20psi it made 750rwhp but was running way too fat like 10.0:1 a/f So there was a lot of hp left on the table.
Well I haven't taken it to the 1/4 mile track yet to see what it traps or ET's. At 15 psi I am making 675rwhp and 655rwtq the car weighs somewhere around 3350lbs. At 13psi it trapped 106mph in the 1/8th. My car should trap well over 130mph in the 1/4 at 15psi. You can call bs all you want I don't care. I have not had a C6 vette yet to come close to pulling on me. As for proof I don't have but 1 vid of me dragging a stock C6 Zoh with me at 11psi. The last guy I ran did video the run but I never got a copy to post it up. If you were around DFW area I'd show you how well my car runs on the street, track or where ever...

Well I found a video of your car on YouTube running 6.97@101mph in the 1/8which is right at what my Camaro runs on the motor. Now I know you have a couple of MPH on me going through trap but the times are the same. Though that is a good run I am not sure it is enough to out run a cammed full bolt on C6Z06 vette who could make upwards of 500+ hp to the tire with these mods not to mention they are lighter than you. The contest isn't that your car runs good. I would even say you could edge out a stock C6Z06 vette but to outrun a full bolton cammed C6Z06 by 4-5 cars with what I can see your car running isn't going to happen man. Sorry brotha but like you said you don't have to prove anything to me or this site. If I say I am outrunning modded Ford GT's by 4-5 cars people are going to start to question what I have and want to see proof of the car running that good. Next time you out run a C6Z06 with those kinds of mods please get it on video and I will make a formal appology on this site to you. I am by no means a Mustang hater. I love the cars but I also know what it takes to make a car run. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO2UKradqVs
Old 01-30-2010, 11:49 PM
10 Second Club

Here is another video of you traping 98mph in the 1/8th.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pdi93XVeWM
Old 01-31-2010, 12:02 AM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Originally Posted by odarabla
Well I found a video of your car on YouTube running 6.97@101mph in the 1/8which is right at what my Camaro runs on the motor. Now I know you have a couple of MPH on me going through trap but the times are the same. Though that is a good run I am not sure it is enough to out run a cammed full bolt on C6Z06 vette who could make upwards of 500+ hp to the tire with these mods not to mention they are lighter than you. The contest isn't that your car runs good. I would even say you could edge out a stock C6Z06 vette but to outrun a full bolton cammed C6Z06 by 4-5 cars with what I can see your car running isn't going to happen man. Sorry brotha but like you said you don't have to prove anything to me or this site. If I say I am outrunning modded Ford GT's by 4-5 cars people are going to start to question what I have and want to see proof of the car running that good. Next time you out run a C6Z06 with those kinds of mods please get it on video and I will make a formal appology on this site to you. I am by no means a Mustang hater. I love the cars but I also know what it takes to make a car run. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO2UKradqVs
That is an old video when I had Nitrous on the car. That is not the same setup I have now at all. LMFAO I was only putting down 510rwhp at that time. When I raced that Zoh I was making 675rwhp. Come on now check the dates on the vids... lmao at trying to compare my old n20 setup to my new turbo setup. The turbo setup would walk all over my old N2O setup. BTW those vids were taken back in 06 and I also messed the motor up that day running the N20 because it went lean. That is when I rebuilt the motor for boost and ran the car N/A for a year and half before I started on the turbo build and I completed the turbo build in March of 09.

Last edited by dan03mach; 01-31-2010 at 12:28 AM.
Old 01-31-2010, 12:40 AM
9 Sec. Club!!!

I guess he didn't want to respond. LMAO at the haters... hahahaha