Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Another C6 Z06 goes down

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 01:15 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by phatbeatnut
I understand your car is a bit lighter yea yea yea but jesus this is 100 whp difference Z should get walked cant you guys see it lol??? please explain this ???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVQZDksf-Io
Cobra's are a hell of a lot heavier then my car and I really haven't seen too many that run the numbers. I was beating stock Cobras back when I was N/A. Driver/Weight etc. makes all the difference. I can drive my car. I can drive the **** out of it. Plus you're trying to compare a supercharged Cobra to a turbo mach1 that is like trying to compare apples to oranges.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:17 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Killemall
Mach1 stock with 270 rwhp=13.8 at 103 mph on average
13.8 for a 03/04 Mach1? Where did you get those numbers? The slowest I've personally see a stock Mach go was 13.6. The fastest was 13.1.

And I too would rather have a Mach1 over a Termi.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ForceFedC5
You will increase the weight of a C5Z if you put on aftermarket exhaust that isnt titanium. Even then it will probably be exactly the same weight.

I've never heard of a C5Z weighing 3050? Please provide proof.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/corvette-...6-3551lbs.html
also check on the corvette forum, you will get the same results. The curb weight of a stock C5Z is 3115, that is with a full tank of gas in it. So you figure around 6 pounds per gallon of fuel less 10 gallons and there are your numbers.

As for the exhaust, I didn't say catback. Change out the heavy exhaust manifolds and catted h-pipe and you will save at least 50 pounds with a nice set of longtubes and noncatted x-pipe.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:26 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Some people in this thread are just retarded when it comes to cars. If I gave them a quarter they couldn't even buy a clue they are so retarded. This tread really makes me laugh so to the guys that are idiots keep on being idiots I love reading all the bull ****.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:27 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Originally Posted by scramblerman
https://ls1tech.com/forums/corvette-...6-3551lbs.html
also check on the corvette forum, you will get the same results. The curb weight of a stock C5Z is 3115, that is with a full tank of gas in it. So you figure around 6 pounds per gallon of fuel less 10 gallons and there are your numbers.

As for the exhaust, I didn't say catback. Change out the heavy exhaust manifolds and catted h-pipe and you will save at least 50 pounds with a nice set of longtubes and noncatted x-pipe.
fuel weighs around 8.25lbs per gallon...
Old 02-02-2010, 01:33 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by dan03mach
This tread really makes me laugh so to the guys that are idiots keep on being idiots I love reading all the bull ****.
Don't worry about. I've learned to ignore a lot of silliness in this forum.

I'll sometimes just not waste my time and reply with
TECH Fanatic

fuel weighs around 8.25lbs per gallon...
I have researched how much a gallon of gas weighs. It really depends on the tempature/type of the gas itself. Some say 6 pounds per gallon all the way up to what you are saying. I figured to go with the lower number, which either way makes my point.

Last edited by scramblerman; 02-02-2010 at 03:48 PM.
Teching In

Here's where all the ridiculous number crunching you people do, goes right out the window!! This is Bob Cosby's 99 Cobra from several years ago. Car had a whopping 314rwhp!!!

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/1...obra_84148.htm

These are the cars mods, in his own words:

Originally Posted by Bob Cosby
Those runs were made with the stock 281 cid motor (which is why it is only 314 RWHP), and stock tranny. It did have 4.56 gears, weight reduction (car weighed a bit under 3200lbs.), and basic bolt-on suspension components. Tires were indeed sticky, and the driver was an average racer.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:05 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
There is a video on the original post but you have to be REALLY stoned to see it.
I saw this one...
Old 02-02-2010, 03:38 PM
On The Tree

dan built a fast car, cant take anything away from him at all, it was a good win and props to him
Old 02-02-2010, 05:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Slow Vette
im good my man. just chillen here enjoying the bickering going back and forth. how about you???
Same ole same ole man.

good video... too bad you put a pullied cobra on there and not a whipple or kb... Here we go again.... I have had all the cars you wanna sit here and tell me about hahaha 3700lbs you were fairly close ... i guess.... mine was 3560 so about 200 to 250 lbs over a mach1... Why do you need to stoop down to the name calling and just straight foward bashing?? I think you want some of my c6z too hahaha
ROFLMAO....holy crap. You just showed why it is I will not go into depth with an explenation. you can't even understand the simplicity of a turbo mach with less HP beating a PD blown Cobra. YOU are the one that tried to use PD blown Cobra's as a comparison like a true clueless Tard.

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
I'm curious as to where you pulled 90 pounds out of the car since the curb weight for a coupe is 3650. And yeah, go ahead and bring your C6Z and I'll drag your dumb *** all the way down the 1/4 and the highway too.

You're ******* retarded dude. Ponygt has forgotten more about Mustangs and street racing then you will ever know....and so does most of the people in this thread. twice now you've been wrong on the ******* curb weight of a car that only takes 30 seconds to google....maybe you're just dyslexic? I'm just gonna go with full retard.

Plus you're trying to compare a supercharged Cobra to a turbo mach1 that is like trying to compare apples to oranges.
That is EXACTLY my point.

Originally Posted by TRMach1
Here's where all the ridiculous number crunching you people do, goes right out the window!! This is Bob Cosby's 99 Cobra from several years ago. Car had a whopping 314rwhp!!!

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/1...obra_84148.htm

These are the cars mods, in his own words:
Get outta here with your logic. It has no place in here as some have proven.

Originally Posted by x3d187
dan built a fast car, cant take anything away from him at all, it was a good win and props to him
Exactly!!!
Old 02-02-2010, 06:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whats with all the ricer math and theories? So I gather this, The base angle of the moon in july with a 70 mph tail wind on the dyno running stage 9 light weight gas, set my rearview mirror towards the sun to catch solar rays will increase my mpg by 70% and cut my short times to 0.10 and give me a hunderd hp?
Old 02-02-2010, 06:23 PM
Coy
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Good kill OP.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:06 PM
Teching In

I am done... Just race me lol for some $$$?? enough mr nice guy hahaha meet me half way between taxas and PA if your car makes it....
Old 02-02-2010, 07:27 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

I am done... Just race me lol for some $$$?? enough mr nice guy hahaha meet me half way between taxas and PA if your car makes it....
Come on down here and I'd be happy to run for some $$$ I'd be just Another Zoh going down!!! No big deal to me If my car makes it? **** I drive my car almost every day even though it isn't my daily driver, it drives just like a stock car but with a **** load more power.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:41 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by odarabla
Out of all the people on here throwing insults and acting like jack asses I am the one you pull out of a crowd?
Yes. Go back and read your posts and your childish insults.

That's bull **** Unit!! For once try to look past the blue blood that runs in your vaines and ask yourself this question.
You couldn't be any more wrong about your "blue blood" comments.
I'm not surprised by that to be honest with you based on your posts in
this thread. There doesn't see to be much that you are right about.

If I where making the same claim and said my camaro was beating Ford GT's and Modded vipers by 4-5 cars. Wouldn't you ask for proof of how well my car ran?
No, because you've been a long standing member and I know your post
history. Same with Dan. Actually, he's been here for about 3 years more than
you have. We call BS when something is BS. You're way off the mark here and
you're looking foolish because of it.

Last time I checked people on this site questioned other people when they made wild claims!
True, but you really need to brush up on what a turbo Mach 1 can do if
you truly think Dan's thread is a "wild claim".

It's not about hating on a certain car it's about knowing what certain cars are capable of!!
Agreed. Unfortunately you don't know what both cars are capable of apparently.

I am not saying his car isn't capable of being a beast I just wanted a little proof of the matter!!
...and that's how you approach it? Act like an 8th grader? Brilliant.

I tried several times to smash this crap and just say GOOD RUN OP but you guys just have to keep on yacking huh!!
You are the one that continues to keep "yacking" my friend...even after
I said to "please" knock it off. You obviously didn't get my point.

I'm going to do a few of you guys a favor and lock this thread.
Sorry Dan. I guess you'll have to get some video next time for the haters
here. It's unfortunate that 'Tech is coming to this.